News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fixin The Krooza, Buzzgob takes over. Orks vs Nids  (Read 2639 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Fixin The Krooza, Buzzgob takes over. Orks vs Nids
« on: October 24, 2011, 09:37:26 PM »
Mission 3: Oi, We'ze Unda Attack!

Deployment: Pitched Battle modified.  The Ork Player will set up first, but needs to roll a D6 for each unit.  On a 4+ the unit will start in Reserve and on a roll of a 1 your opponent places the unit, this represents the total disorganization of the Orks.  The Attacker will get first turn (no seize the initiative), but does not set up any units, instead all his forces move on from his board edge on turn 1 (except for any units he chooses to hold in Reserve).
Terrain/Objective Location: 1 Objective marker will be located on a large scenery piece in the Ork Deployment Zone representing the generator

Turns: 6
Objectives: Hold the Generator
On Turn 3 and every turn afterward if the Objective is controlled OR contested by the Ork player roll a D6 to see if you have stolen enough power from the generator to get the Krooza running again.
    Turn 3   Turn 4   Turn 5   Turn 6   
       6+         5+        4+         3+       
If successful at powering the Krooza back up the game ends with the Orks victorious.  If unable to get the Krooza powered back up the game ends after Turn 6 with the winner determined by Victory Points.
If your opponent prevents the Orks from jump starting the krooza then he wins the campaign.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Batrep 3 Jump Start The Kruizer

This was a 3k fight.

BIG MEK: Gitburna; Cybork, Kustom Force Field, BP, Burna
BIG MEK: Buzzgob; heavy armor, big choppa, mek arms, 2 grots
2 Skorcha War Buggies,
5 Grot Tanks; skorchas, pintle shootas, grot leader tank
5 Death coptas with twin link big shootas
10 Nobs, ‘eavy armor, Cybork Body, 9 twin link shootas, Waugh Banna, Boss Pole, 9 big choppas, 1 is a pain boy
Battle Wagon; red paint, grot rigger, Death roller 2 big shootas.
15 Burna Boys, 3 are Meks with Mega blasters.
15 Tank Busta Boys, nob with PK and BP
12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.
TRUKK: Red Paint ram
12 BOYS; Shootas, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Big Shoota.
Battle Wagon; red paint, grot rigger, Death roller 2 big shoota.
Big track; two skorchas and kill kannon
Junka: two twin link missile launchas, KFF

His list:
Swarm Lord with three tyrant guard
Tervigon with regeneration, catalyst, toxin and adrenal sacks
Tervigon with regeneration, catalyst, toxin and adrenal sacks
2 venemthropes
2 x 3 zoanthrops
2 x 13 genestealers with talons, toxin sacks, adrenal glands
2 x 24 termagaunts
Tyranafex with rupture kannon
Tyranafex with fleshbore hive
3 Biovores

Just for clarification: The carnafexes count as teragons, the warriors count as zoanthropess, the lictors count as venemthropes.

I rolled for units as they set up, here you can see the units that rolled a 1 are set up on his side of the board.

Here you can see the units that started in reserve, (the ones with a dice in front of them)

And the units set up on my side next to the generator

Turn One
Nids:
What a surprise, he moved everything on, his tyrant lining up on the BW with the Burna Boys and Gitburna in it.

His whole left flank ran, on his right flank the tryanafex blows up the truck and gets a krunch on the ramshackle table. The biovores then target the dismounted truck boys and kills 8. The gaunts lined up the truck boys open up and kill off two more, the nob passes the leadership test with a 3, not only is he not running he is mad. The genestealers get preferred enemy from the tyrant and charge the death coptas, it wasn’t pretty rerolled to hit and lots of rending wounds and the coptas were wiped out. Then the moment Brian has waited for a long time. The zoanthropes popped the battle wagon, killing 2 burna boys, then the tyrana fex opened up with the fleshborer hive and kill off 11 more burna boys. The tyrant and his guard charged in, the tyrant putting all his attacks on gitburna who was quickly chopped up. The steelers who also charged, shredded the last two burna boys.

The units all consolidate to the other side of the hill.

Orks
The BW moves just 7 and the nobs inside open up on the steelers killing 4, the truck moves 13 and shoots a venom causing a wound, the junka shoots causing 2 wounds on a tervigon. The skorchas go flat out towards the large groups of termagaunts. There was no combat.

Turn 2
Nids
Again everything moves forward trying to get to the generator. Both tervigons spawned lots of termigaunts. The gaunts mowed down the last of the truck boys, The biovores shoot at the skorckas and stun one, the gaunts just barely in range destroy a skorcha by glancing it to death. The genestealers assault the forward truck but don’t get any 6s.
Orks
The reserves were pathetic, but I did get the big track, that when it fired the kill kannon at the tyrant found out he was just 2 inches out of range. The skorcha goes over to the large pack of termigaunts and flames 13, but feel no pain saves all but 3. Lots of shooting to no effect.

Turn 3
Nids
He continued to swarm forward getting much better run rolls than last turn.

The zoanthropes killed two trucks, one getting a ramshackle almost to the far board edge, the other was a krunch. The tervigon assaulted the skorcha getting an explode result that killed 9 gaunts. Pretty sad that the explosion killed more gaunts than the template shot did. The tyranafex shot at the big track getting a penetrating hit that got a destroyed result. The first battle that the big track is in and it wiffs its shot as it was just out of range and then dies from return fire, oh well, we will build another one. The other tervigon assaults the red pants boys whose truck went krunch and wiffed, the boys fought back causing 2 wounds but the tervigon made its fearless saves.

Orks
The BW with the nobs tank shocked the tyrant and his guard. The tyrant death or gloried and failed to penetrate dying under the rotating death roller, that must have been clogged up as it only caused 1 wound to the guards who saved it.

The grot tanks moved up and cooked the genestealer squad wiping it out, the nobs fired and killed 4 more steelers, the drive by boys finished them off. The blue boys who had careened assaulted the tyranofex that had killed the big track. The blue boys lose two and cause two so hugged up. The red pants and the tervigon caused a wound each and so stayed hugged up.

I then promptly rolled a 1 for the jump start roll.

Turn 4
Nids
The swarm was getting mighty close, and it was getting really crowded on my side of the board.

The tyranafex gets a shaken and stunned on the junka, zoanthropes kill two grot tanks, the other zoanthropes get an immobilized on the BW. The gaunts assault the grot tanks and do nothing, the other gaunts join the fight against the red pants and wipe them out. More gaunts kill a truck getting another krunch, but since the truck is surrounded and there is no room to deploy the 12 truck boys they are trapped and wiped out. The blue boys cause two more wounds each and stay locked into combat with just the nob and the fex.

Orks
The grot tanks flamed the gaunts killing 8. The nobs dismounted from the BW and began to move towards the generator. The grot riggers failed to fix the BW. The nobs then rolled a 1 for their run move. The blue boy nob and tyranofex sissy slap each other and stay locked in combat.

I then roll a 2 for the jump start roll.

Turn 5
Nids
Of course everything moved towards the generator. The zoanthropes got two weapon destroyed results on the BW making it just not quite all the way dead. The other zoanthropes get another stunned and shaken on the junka. The biovores blew the last truck boy squads truck up getting a kaboom that killed 4 boys and 5 gaunts. The tervigon assaults the junka, the resulting explosion kills 20 gaunts, the other gaunts assault the truck boys on the generator and kill all but 1 boy and the nob who only kill one gaunt. They break and are swept. The blue boy nob causes a wound, the tyranofex is now on its last wound but it makes its fearless save.

Orks
The tank bustas finally come on the board, shooting the tervigon and getting 2 wounds. The nobs rolled a 1 for difficult terrain, and another 1 for their assault, so they stood there and looked around at all those nids.

The Drive By Boys then tank shock their way back to the generator

And Buzzgob assaults the wounded tervigon, causing two wounds and leaving it with only 1 to go.

I then roll another 1 for the jumpstart roll.

Turn 6
Nids
Everything closes in, the zoanthrops get a krunch result on the drive by boys truck, then the Gatling  gun tyranofex opens up and kills off 9 of the drive by boys and the nearby termagaunts finish the job with the wounded nob the only survivor who then passed his LD with flying colors.

So the gaunts assaulted and did some major wiffing. The tyrant guard and the tyranofex assault the nobs (the tyranofex multi assaulted) the nobs ignored the fex and wiped out the hive guard, and the fex took two wounds to failed fearless saves, but kept the nobs locked in combat. The blue boy nob finally wiffed too many times and was promptly smacked down by the other tyranofex. The other gaunts assault the tank bustas, the other tervigon fails its charge by 1 inch. Buzzgob kills his tervigon. The gaunts kill 8 tank busta boys but lose 8 in return so the combat is tied and they all hug up.

Orks
The last grot tank takes a pot shot at the zoanthropes and they make their saves. Buzzgob assaults the last tervigon and kills it. The nobs caused two wounds on the tyranofex for the loss of one of their own, so the combat tied. The gaunts do much better against the tank bustas and wipe them out. The Drive By Nob kills 3 gaunts, but is wounded 11 times in return, and the sad thing is he saved all but one, had he not been wounded I would have got a roll for the jumpstart, but since there were no orks on the generator, no roll.

So the orks didn’t lose, but that darn lazy war boss that wouldn’t get out of his captains chair won’t be too happy to have to stay on this moon for a while. Well, all I can say is that since the kruzer is stuck on this moon we might as well enjoy having an endless supply of opponents to fight.

It was a very good fight, one of the hardest battles I have fought in a long time. I am sure Buzzgob and the 9 nobs would have finished off the rest of the nid army by themselves if we had played on. He only had half of his army left, and all his MCs were severely wounded.

Unit of the match will have to be Buzzgob, who on his first real outing killed off two tervigons by himself. Honorable mention goes to the blue boy nob, who held off a tyranofex for three turns. Worst unit of the match has to go to the big track that moved on, missed and was destroyed without any contribution to the fight except to look really good while it burned.

Brian played really well, and was a good sport even when his uber tyrant died to death or glory.
It was a great game, now for a rematch, the orks have to get off this rock.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 08:39:01 AM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Fixin The Krooza, Buzzgob takes over.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »
A well played game.  I was hoping to see the big traxx in action.  I guess maybe it should have waited to earn its red paint unless  red paint makes it faster to destruct. 

I think the deployment alone should make it interesting.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 04:38:40 PM »
Looks like a tough fight...  And bad luck with those reserve rolls...  Sometimes the dice hate you!

I enjoyed the report...  Nidz are often a tough opponent, since we can't exactly outnumber or out assault them...  All in all...  I'd say you did pretty well..

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Log

• Burna Boy
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 04:46:05 PM »
Brilliant report, loved the pictures! The game looked truely epic.

Congratuations on having the sense to let the nids have the generator so you can have an even bigger fight for it. With your speed freaks the boss will be there in no time!

I'm pleased Buzzgob did so well since the model turned out great. Not to say the big trakk did not turn out well, but vehicles are meant to suffer a batism of fire before they do anything. It's both the law and how the orks finish off the pait job...

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 06:50:18 PM »
Not to say the big trakk did not turn out well, but vehicles are meant to suffer a batism of fire before they do anything. It's both the law and how the orks finish off the paint job...

Exactly - I'm fully expecting my own big trakk to explode gloriously on its first outing without doing anything! But then after that they tend to do better  :)
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian