News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Warbuggy with no gun  (Read 1227 times)

Offline pakman

Warbuggy with no gun
« on: January 1, 2004, 12:03:09 PM »
 I've been thinking about getting a warbuggy and I thought that a buggy without a gun could be pretty cool. Here is what it would be equipped with.

1 Warbuggy           
Grot riggers, red paint job, stikkbomb chukka, turbo boosta, armour plates.

I think it comes too around 48 points but i'm not too sure (I haven't got my codex with me). The aim would just be to drive around the enemy's line, tank shocking the shootiest units. What do you think of it?
An open mind is like an unguarded fortress waiting to be attacked.

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Formerly 'Ranger of Alaitoc'
  • Ancient
  • Holding onto a thread of hope...
    • Realm of Runes
Re: Warbuggy with no gun
« Reply #1 on: January 1, 2004, 12:28:25 PM »
Your point calculations are on, but it's not legal as you must select a weapon... if you wanted to use it as a VDR, or just in casual games, it looks like a fun tank.

Click my banner to visit Realm of Runes for all your WFB needs!

Offline Plague Lord

« Reply #2 on: January 1, 2004, 12:46:15 PM »
Maybe you should give it a Ram. You might get a chance to take out a vehicle in your travels. ;D

Offline pakman

« Reply #3 on: January 1, 2004, 01:08:20 PM »
Your point calculations are on, but it's not legal as you must select a weapon... if you wanted to use it as a VDR, or just in casual games, it looks like a fun tank.
It is legal to have a buggy without a gun, in the codex it says. Each vehicle may be armed with one of the following:, It doesn't say, like in the wartrukk's case, That it is armed with either a rokkit or big shoota. The wording is confusing at a glance but it is legal.

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Formerly 'Ranger of Alaitoc'
  • Ancient
  • Holding onto a thread of hope...
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #4 on: January 1, 2004, 01:59:32 PM »
Alright, I had to go by army builder, which I confess can be wrong, as my codex is residing at my friends house.  In that case I'd throw on a wrecking ball or something, in case of tanks.  Looks like a fun vehicle with lots of modeling options!

Click my banner to visit Realm of Runes for all your WFB needs!

Offline pakman

« Reply #5 on: January 1, 2004, 01:59:39 PM »
Maybe you should give it a Ram. You might get a chance to take out a vehicle in your travels. ;D
Good idea Mr. Plague and Ranger of Alaitoc, I shall replace the armour plates with a Ram, thank you for helping me improve my Warbuggy of death.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2004, 02:09:08 PM by pakman »

Offline Maggot Corpse

« Reply #6 on: January 1, 2004, 03:06:08 PM »
NO you shouldn't get rid of the armour plates.  Especialy if your going to be right up in the enamys face.  Trust me.  They help.  But i do think you should put on various objects so you can do more damage.
     Volume 3: The Subliminal Versus

Offline pakman

« Reply #7 on: January 2, 2004, 01:44:20 PM »
 I think i'll stick with the buggy that I originally posted, I could always get another buggy and give it a twin-linked rokkit launcha and some appropriate upgrades to go tank hunting with.

Offline Frgsinwntr

• Sisters burn
« Reply #8 on: January 3, 2004, 10:06:49 PM »
there is a ruling somewhere i came across, the Buggies have to have a weapon.  I am not sure where it is in the rules, but Biz prolly knows where you can find it, or if the rule i read was for some other army. 

Chain swords are awesome.  The only way would be cooler is if they had tits and were on fire.

Offline pakman

« Reply #9 on: January 4, 2004, 01:00:13 PM »
there is a ruling somewhere i came across, the Buggies have to have a weapon.  I am not sure where it is in the rules, but Biz prolly knows where you can find it, or if the rule i read was for some other army. 
In the codex it says that each vehicle may be armed with a weapon, it doesn't say that they are armed with a weapon and it doesn't say that they must have a weapon, so you can have a buggy without a gun, this is not a loophole in the rules.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2004, 01:02:00 PM by pakman »

Offline Maggot Corpse

« Reply #10 on: January 4, 2004, 01:46:54 PM »
yes but as Frgsinwntr said thee may be a rule.  It may have been a eroor on gw's part.  I'll go check the ork chapter aprove right now.  But another example of this was the scouts in the marine codex.  It said "Any moddel in the squad may change for snipper rifle" but actualy not any model can only the troops.  Not the sargent.

Offline Maggot Corpse

« Reply #11 on: January 4, 2004, 02:33:54 PM »
Okay i checked the web site and in my chapter aproved 04.  I have found nothing saying that you have to have a gun.  Also i e-mailed my question in to get a response.

Offline Frgsinwntr

• Sisters burn
« Reply #12 on: January 4, 2004, 03:12:50 PM »
its prolly just the wording, but like i said i THOUGHT i had seen a ruling for this.  And yes the codex does say "MAY", but it also never specifies if burnas are 2d6 shooting or in assualt.  We all know CHapter approved QnA fixes that stating they are only 2d6 armor penetration in hand to hand.  Some of the codex also do not state you can only have 1 warboss which has also been corrected...

my point: you can't always just go witht he codex, GW makes mistakes and sometimes its just a language issue as simple as the use of a pronoun in differnent contexts
Chain swords are awesome.  The only way would be cooler is if they had tits and were on fire.