News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New codex speculation, wants, needs and comments!  (Read 43362 times)

Offline Aoitora

• Aspect Warrior
Re: New codex speculation, wants, needs and comments!
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2015, 01:19:00 AM »
I had heard talk (on BoLS of Faeit) in the early stages of the rumours that the codex talks about/background on 11 craftworlds. At the time I thought it was heaps but last night going through my current codex it already does cover 11 craftworlds. The big ones such as Biel Tan, Saim Hann etc and the smaller but often mentioned ones like Altansar and Mymeara.

I do hope we get more fluff

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2015, 01:46:48 AM »
The old dex was around 115 page and the new one is rumoured to be 160 so that make for40 page of fluff/formation/new things. And i'm really happy to see the lower craftworld develloped a bit.

I'm really interested in the strength D sword becaude against swarm of ork or tyranide thats going to be very good, and ypu can still give your wraithknight additional weapon such as star cannon/bright lance etc.
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2015, 03:57:54 AM »
The one thing I will say, that has me a bit excited, is that Saim Hann may finally be back for me. I have always had the craftworld set up but found it quit disheartening to use. But now it may be possible (for me) to put it back on the table and at least have more of a fighting chance, maybe, we shall see.

I had always wanted to play a pure Iyanden list and with the last dex, it became reality without such a high must take tax points wise. I hope that they don't ruin that part for me since it has been my main way of playing my Eldar for almost 2 years now, yup, less then 2 years and now another beslubbering dex to buy, hope it is good to go for awhile now. Just getting used to it, um, sorry tiny rant over.

So anyhow let's all breath good and wait and see what the next few weeks bring us.

Dread

The forum's autocensor means you don't have to self-censor ;) - Iris.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 04:17:40 AM by Irisado »
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2015, 04:52:50 AM »
I think most of us has seen the formation leaks from WD, so what are your thoughts about the bonuses each formation provides?

I don't think any of them will get objective secured, maybe the core ones, but it's not for certain.

My thoughts are that the formation with defender guardians may get a bonus to cover saves, night vision or possibly anti-air.

The formation with storm guardians may get furious charge, preferred enemy or shred.

Windrider formation could get skilled rider or outflank.

The Avenger formation may get 5++ saves in CC, defensive grenades or some kind of defend ability, like reducing any opponents attacks to 1/model by forfeiting all of their own attacks.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline Mr Draken

• Armies: Saim-Hann, White Scars, Space Wolves, Catachans.
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2015, 05:10:00 AM »
There is an interesting thought... defender platforms getting AA option for EML..... Cannot check off the top of my head.... but don't a few other books have the option for flak for certain squads missile launchers?
Carpe Diem Baby...

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2015, 07:16:39 AM »
Skilled rider for the windrider host makes sense - It will also make everyone cry cheese more than they are over the new jetbike spam meta due to a better jink save....

The wraithguard host is probably just the dataslate rules rolled into the new codex.

Offline Aoitora

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2015, 08:06:56 AM »
Ive read in a few places the main decurion formations bonus is called Matchless Agility. I wonder if it'd be run in the assault phase if not declaring a charge.

Based on the cron codex, if anyone knows, has what's been revealed in the WD likely to be all the formations in the book?

The Crimson Death formation looks to be based off the Apoc formation from the Valedor (it required 3-5 C. Hunters) although I don't think the assets would really transfer over. Unless it became something like if the Crimson death destroy the opponents most expensive model gain a victory point? Actually I'd like them to gain Shrouded like the Nightwing and Phoenix!

Offline Lachdonin

• Warlock
  • Education is no substitute for Intelligence.
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2015, 10:10:04 AM »
Would anyone take the sword if it was strength D? He's already str 10 wouldn't it always be better to have a gun?

The sword, if it remains as is, also gives him an invulnerable save. More durability for decreased damage output. Whether it would be a worthy trade off or not is another issue...

Frankly, it's been 6 months since i managed to actually have a game. I'm so far out of the meta that all i care about are the models. Finally, some jetbikes that look good.
Remember, you can make yourself a Hero, but only others can make you a God.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2015, 10:46:59 AM »
Ive read in a few places the main decurion formations bonus is called Matchless Agility. I wonder if it'd be run in the assault phase if not declaring a charge.

Based on the cron codex, if anyone knows, has what's been revealed in the WD likely to be all the formations in the book?

The Crimson Death formation looks to be based off the Apoc formation from the Valedor (it required 3-5 C. Hunters) although I don't think the assets would really transfer over. Unless it became something like if the Crimson death destroy the opponents most expensive model gain a victory point? Actually I'd like them to gain Shrouded like the Nightwing and Phoenix!

I wouldn't be surprised if Eldar units don't have battle focus by default, but get it through the new hosts structure.

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2015, 10:53:06 AM »
Would anyone take the sword if it was strength D? He's already str 10 wouldn't it always be better to have a gun?

The sword, if it remains as is, also gives him an invulnerable save. More durability for decreased damage output. Whether it would be a worthy trade off or not is another issue...

The sun cannon also gives him an invul. Although the suncannon has been pretty nerfed by loss of laser lock. The wraithknight will also be getting a 5+ FNP which will definitely be useful in keeping him alive!

Offline Ciliano

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2015, 11:38:05 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Eldar units don't have battle focus by default, but get it through the new hosts structure.

The leaked entry for the Windriders shows the presence of Battle Focus at the units' special rules.

Offline Wyldhunt

« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2015, 12:10:08 PM »
Hmm.  Which, unless they changed how Battle Focus works, makes as much sense as it does for them in the current book.  Y'know. Considering that bikes can't run. :P

Offline Mr Draken

« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2015, 12:15:18 PM »
Just thought id add this to the conversation, seems the folks over at dakka are still pissed about scatter lasers on jetbikes.....

Scatterman - YouTube

Pre ordered my codex. (aussie site I order through puts it up at midnight here) so now all i can do is wait...
Carpe Diem Baby...

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #173 on: April 17, 2015, 01:25:14 PM »
Draken that video just killed me >< that's indeed what everyone must be feeling right now we shall see in the white dwarf twomorrow though^^
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Mr Draken

« Reply #174 on: April 17, 2015, 01:37:13 PM »
Info drop happening over the net right now, wont say exactly what or where, if you are on warseer and the like you will know what i mean....
Carpe Diem Baby...

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #175 on: April 17, 2015, 02:25:42 PM »
LAAAAAAMME! Shining spears and autarch are stuck on the old bikes! like what?

also price bump for jetbikes. now $49 for 3 models

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2015, 02:36:59 PM »
Hawks hitting flyers, AWESOME! :D
And spiders wounding against initiative :D
If reapers get Flakk I'd be satisfied :)
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline Mr Draken

« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2015, 02:41:43 PM »
The hawk buff is awesome, and something everyone was hoping for.
Spiders actually got a nerf by wounding on Initiative....
Carpe Diem Baby...

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #178 on: April 17, 2015, 03:29:43 PM »
I understand everyone is excited about the new codex, but please remember that information that people are posting are leaks.  If we could keep the discussion away from rules and stats, that would be great.  I would hate to have to shut this topic down for IP reasons.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #179 on: April 17, 2015, 03:34:06 PM »
Wow the hemlock rolling on psychic tables? SO now it can get psychic shriek! so dirty

I plan on fielding an aspect host with
10 warp spiders
9 dark reapers
10 dire avengers in a wave serpent

With the rumored formation bonus this will be DEADLY even without farseer support and I won't have to stack my list with 2 guides and a prescience