News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Black Widows Female Space Marines  (Read 27551 times)

Offline Doctor Thunder

The Black Widows Female Space Marines
« on: June 11, 2008, 11:37:31 PM »
This army has been a labor of love for the last two years, and I am very pleased to share it with you guys now that it is finally coming together. 

My dial-up connection takes forever to upload pictures, so I'll share the first squad and some fluff tonight, and then upload pics of the next squad tomorrow.

Click on a pic to see a larger version.

Terminator Squad Takara

Sister Etsu

Sister Riniko

Sister Yei

Sister Miyoko

Veteran Sister Tadako

And now some Background Fluff for you guys:

“The Genestealer Organism is the most perfect weapon ever created by man or god.  Rather than expending the enormous resources necessary to create an invading army, it quietly turns the resources of the target planet against itself, converting the populace, breeding an army in the dark shadows and corners, until at last the planets defenses are stripped, and the knees of its inhabitants hit the dirt and their heads are bowed in supplicance before a single invader touches the surface.  While we expend decades of time and whole planets worth of resources in the hopes that a mere handful of aspirants survive the implantation process to become marines, the hive fleet has simultaneously conquered a target and created fresh invasion forces, and all it expended was but a single man-sized organism.  Its only flaw is that it knows not the glory of chaos.  It still foolishly takes by force that which should be pleaded for by its victims.
This day I transcend both the primitive work of the False Emperor and the primeval hunger of the hive mind!  This day, I unleash my perfection.
---Fabius Bile vox recording.  Source and time code unknown.

Acolyte Harrisun could not understand why his master insisted on keeping his office so unbearably dark.  The double sets of hardwood doors prevented any exterior light from entering, and only the flicker from a single scented candle reached out, occasionally licking the edges of the vaulted ceiling high above.  Harrisun had occasionally speculated that his master may have come from a world of perpetual darkness, like Sysenthia or Morienalla, but his Master’s tastes in both food and women had long lead him away from such conclusions.  In the recent years, Harrisun had suspected that his master simply did so to keep those who entered his santuarium at unease, and had not seen any reason since to suspect otherwise.
   Harrisun waited politely in the darkness, forcing his breathing to regulate itself.  Despite the importance of the news he brought, he understood that it was only one of a hundred such reports his master would receive that day.
   “You may begin,” his master groaned painfully from behind stacks of dusty data-slates, a disturbance of dust caught by the candlelight gave the only indication that his master still drew mortal breath.
   “I believe I have located the source of the enemy reinforcements on Genivineth.”
   Harrisun waited for a snort of content or a sigh of irritance, but none were made.
   “Are you awaiting a negative response from me?” came the throaty reply from his master.
   “Yes master,” Harrisun answered honestly, having long ago learned not to try and hide his feelings.  “Both Hanora and Sir Deldai have continually received my theories with contempt.”
   “And that is why neither will succeed me when I am gone,” his master asserted.
   Harrisun preened for a moment.  Never in all his years of service had he received something so close to a compliment as this.  Feeling emboldened, he continued.
   “Originally we had suspected that the Alpha Legion had been able to somehow breach the blockade, but upon further investigation we discovered that their reinforcements were coming from the planets population itself.  Suits of power armor were being salvaged from the battlefield and fitted to new warriors ready to accept them.  Originally we thought their total marine strength to be in the thousands, but in all likelihood, there may have been as few as two hundred suits of power armor that were recycled through as many as twenty different warriors throughout the campaign.”
   Harrisun tapped a rune on his slate and transferred the data across the room.  Between stacks of scrolls, the candlelight revealed a single green aged eye shaking back and forth as his master reviewed the thousands of documents and vid-clips that had played a role in this investigation.
His master moaned, as if in pain, and the small metallic appendages around his mouth clicked like insects.  His augmented mind was capable of virtually projecting thousands of scenarios in mere seconds, predicting their possible consequences centuries ahead, but it did not spare him from the gravity of his decisions.  Harrisun would later learn that his master had just made one of the most difficult decisions of his ancient life.
   “So, you expanded your search to the surrounding sub-sector,” his master said dispassionately.
   “Yes, and we found six more worlds which had been seeded.  We are not sure at this time exactly how they are being delivered to the individual planets.  Even with the Imperial Navy so heavily redeployed around the Cadian Gate, it would still be quite difficult, even with something significantly smaller then a corvette, to slip around without being noticed.
   A long dry sigh left his master’s cracking lips.  “You are thinking too narrowly, young acolyte.  There are millions of refugees leaving the Cadian sector each year.  It would only be necessary to insert individuals onto a single ship, and from there they would be divided and disseminated among hundreds of planets.”
   Harrisun disliked being called young.  He was, after all, 187, but nodded respectfully at the correction and continued.  “Once the women are on a planet, they quickly pair up and bear children with the local men.  They seem to display an uncanny ability to seduce males, even those already involved in highly committed pairings.  Whether this is a pheromoneal or psychic ability, we are unable to say at this time, but after that first generation, the daughters born will unerringly display the attributes found most attractive by that particular planet’s culture.  Again, we have no explanation for this ability at this time.  They are unusually uninhibited compared to normal human females, and appear to bear and raise, if unbarred by local law, as was the case on Darwio, as many as 14 daughters every twenty years.  We have no reports of them bearing sons, so we can only assume they are unable to.  On Ryzin II they appeared to have bred for only four generations but there were already more then a thousand mixed into a planet’s population, more commonly among the lower classes.”
   “And what knowledge do they have of their ultimate mission?” came the raspy question from the darkness of the room.
   “None that we know of.  They are unlike other servants of the enemy I have encountered.  They are highly-intelligent, and unusually charismatic.  One detachment of local guards had to be executed after they were caught aiding in the escape of one of the subjects.  Until their masters arrive, they seem to have a strong subconscious predilection for forming and joining counter-culture movements, like the militant mutant-rights groups on Sullia, or the Yparah peace movements on Ardura, but otherwise think of themselves as loyal citizens of the Imperium and faithful believers in the church of the God-Emperor.
   “Or perhaps your interrogation methods were simply ineffective,” his master proposed.  “It is possible to modify the body to make it impervious to torture.  I myself was similarly modified in my youth in the case of my capture.”
   “Regardless,” Harrisun continued, “there is obviously some sort of trigger mechanism that is activated in them once the planet they live on comes under attack.  We have reports of hundreds of them leaving their old lives on Salitenca IV, and without orders or leaders, engaging in highly effective gorilla tactics against local garrison forces before finally joining up with the invasion forces themselves.
   “And what are their abilities once fighting is engaged?” his master asked.
   “Astonishing, given their level of experience and equipment at the time,” Harrisun commented.  “While they definitely lack the strength of an astartes, we have confirmed reports of them exhibiting equivalent reflexes, endurance, tolerance to toxins, and healing speed.  We have one report indicating that their pain threshold may indeed be far higher then a male astartes, but we would need much more data to confirm that.  Until they are fitted with the neuro sensors and transfusion points needed for power armor, they are externally indistinguishable from regular local human females.  Only sophisticated medi-augers or an internal autopsy can expose them.”
   “And that is his trap,” his master said between strained coughs.
   Harrisun paused and tried to understand his master through the darkness.
   “I don’t understand, my master,” Harrisun said smartly.  “We have a simple way to root them out.  Is that not a flaw in his plan?  How could that be a trap?”
   A sound came out of his master that Harrisun had never heard before.  It was long, and repeating, like the sound of a hand lightly beating against someone’s throat.  After a moment, he realized that it was laughter.
   “My dear acolyte,” his master finally said after a moment of heavy breathing, “You have never met Abbadon in person, so I will forgive you for misjudging his level of thinking.  He is not so shallow as you.”
   “And you have?” Harrisun asked aloud, his question only met by damning silence.   
   “Has your team estimated the cost of such a venture?” his master asked venomously.  “An hundred thousand worlds within reach of the eye and the refugees that have fled from it, and another fifty thousand within short travel from them.  To mount such a search and purge would rival the mobilization during the age of strife.  Abbadon tempts us to bleed ourselves dry, divert enough resources away from the eye to allow him to break the Cadian Gate completely.”
   “Certainly the cost of inaction is greater then the cost of action,” Harrisun interjected hesitantly, “Left unchecked, their numbers would grow exponentially.  In another five generations on Ardura, they’ll outnumber the natural population.  And that’s only if they remained in a few places.  They could travel as pilgrims, spreading to countless other worlds.  We must have a response, master.”
   “Take your report and burn it,” his master commanded.  “And send in the next acolyte as you leave.”
   Harrisun turned quietly and walked out of the darkness, the aged wooden door creaking closed behind him.

More Pics and fluff to come.
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK! It's a twelve gauge double barreled Remington, S-Mart's top-of-the-line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop Smart. Shop S-mart. Ya got that?!
Now I swear, the next one of you primates, even touches me...
Ya! (BOOM) (BOOM)

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
Re: The Black Widows Female Space Marines
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 10:51:45 AM »
 Excellent... Wonderful... both the Termies and the fluff... When I first saw the pics I was speechless but then I started reading too and... You, sir, have outdone yourself! I applaude you and waiting eagerly for more...

One question. Is all the army going to be based on Termies or there are female SM squads too? And the painting...
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Offline Doctor Thunder

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 12:18:13 PM »
Excellent... Wonderful... both the Termies and the fluff... When I first saw the pics I was speechless but then I started reading too and... You, sir, have outdone yourself! I applaude you and waiting eagerly for more...
Thank you sir.  I cannot imagine a higher compliment.  :)
One question. Is all the army going to be based on Termies or there are female SM squads too? And the painting...
Oh no, we've got power armor and scout armor coming down the pipeline, as well as forgeworld drop pods.
This is my BOOMSTICK! It's a twelve gauge double barreled Remington, S-Mart's top-of-the-line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop Smart. Shop S-mart. Ya got that?!
Ya! (BOOM) (BOOM)

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 12:19:53 PM »
 I would love to see the scouts... what have you done about heads? Both in the SM and the scouts...

Offline Doctor Thunder

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 12:41:35 PM »
what have you done about heads? Both in the SM and the scouts...
I used Wood Elf Archer heads.  They are, honestly, the best female heads GW makes.
Ya! (BOOM) (BOOM)

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 01:07:10 PM »
Very nice thought... I have some female SM bodies and wondering what to do with the heads... maybe I will make myself a Kill-Team!

Offline O.I.C.

• Ork Skarboy
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 01:53:33 PM »

love the idea, but i wounder about the math..

PMS x power armor + assalt cannon = ?

OIC

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 01:56:29 PM »

love the idea, but i wounder about the math..

PMS x power armor + assalt cannon = ?

OIC

I wouldn't worry much about it... If the rumors are true for the new SM Codex 2 Assault Cannons in one team is bye-bye old history!

Offline Doctor Thunder

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 02:03:52 PM »
I wouldn't worry much about it... If the rumors are true for the new SM Codex 2 Assault Cannons in one team is bye-bye old history!
Not for Space Wolves and Black Templars.   ;D
Ya! (BOOM) (BOOM)

Offline Alexander's Son

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 02:12:12 PM »
Haven't read that so I take your information as true... let's see!

Offline Doctor Thunder

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 02:28:08 PM »
Haven't read that so I take your information as true... let's see!
No, I mean Space Wolves and Black Templars still allow it in their codexes, and so will be able to keep taking two until their codexes are redone, which, for the templars, will be a very long time since their codex is still very new.

Okay, you guys asked for it and here it is:
I've made a tutorial on how to do a quick and easy Female Space Marine.  This is designed so that anyone can do it, regardless of your level of experience with green stuff, and takes about 5 minutes to do.  All of what you are about to see I did in less then 5 minutes, and that includes picture taking time.

Click on a thumbnail for larger pics.

I am using the robed bodies from the Dark Angel Veteran Upgrade Sprue for two reasons:
1) Robes are a million times easier to sculpt then armor.
2) A pair of the Dark Angel Veteran sprues can be bought off the USGW online store for $20.00, giving you enough parts to make ten robed bodies (plus a whole bunch of other stuff)  That is $2.00 per robed marine, which is an incredible deal.

First make yourself a ball of green stuff.  (Keep your fingers and tools wet at ALL times or the green stuff will stick to it)  Tomake robes you'll want to work with it fresh after mixing, when it is the most soft.

Create a fat sausage of it and lay it down across the chest.  You'll want to make sure it is centered and the same thickness on each side so that the breasts don't come out lopsided.

Use your sculpting tool to pull the edges towards the belt, neck, and shoulder.  You want it thin at the edges so that there won't be am obvious line where the green stuff ends.

Use the handle to seperate the breasts, and pull the extra material towards the edges like before.

Use your wet fingers and a light touch to smooth everything out and make sure that nothing is lopsided or drooping.

Now take your sculpting tool and create the little wrinkles in the cloth.  The wrinkles will occur mostly on the sides and underneath.  Start on the inside and pull outwards so that the green stuff blends into the torso at the edges.

Now you can glue the rest of the model together, but make sure not to touch the green stuff as you do it.  It takes about three hours to fully cure.  Never glue on the backpack until after you have finished painting.

Here she is, ready to smite whatever you need smitten.

Double-post merged:
8 ) Do not serial post/double post.  If you have added a reply to a discussion and wish to add more to it, but not one else has replied yet, use the (Image removed from quote.) button to update your existing reply.
-Mr.Peanut
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 08:06:00 PM by Mr.Peanut »
Ya! (BOOM) (BOOM)

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 05:54:36 PM »
Don't you think that chest is a little, uh... un-realistic?

I mean, she's wearing power armour underneath it. Even if she could put Jenna Jamison to shame, I'm not sure she would be bursting through her robes quite so much. Or at all, given that she is fully armoured.

Offline Doctor Thunder

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 06:01:52 PM »
Don't you think that chest is a little, uh... un-realistic?

I mean, she's wearing power armour underneath it. Even if she could put Jenna Jamison to shame, I'm not sure she would be bursting through her robes quite so much. Or at all, given that she is fully armoured.
Yeah, she turned out a little bustier then most of my others.  Here's some WIP pics of Captain Inami, which is closer to what I normally strive for.

Fortunately, once you know how to do it, you can change the bust size by changing the thickness of the sausage, so anyone can use this tutorial to make whatever size they want.
Ya! (BOOM) (BOOM)

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 06:27:47 PM »
Well they are super enhanced warriors so maybe also in that area :p

great work.

i was wondering, there are battle nuns in mordheim game ever thought of using those upper bodies?
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline Doctor Thunder

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 06:40:46 PM »
i was wondering, there are battle nuns in mordheim game ever thought of using those upper bodies?
I bet they would work, but since I can sculpt my own torso out of a little green stuff, it seems like it would be too expensive by comparison.
Ya! (BOOM) (BOOM)

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 06:52:47 PM »
yes i agree, but it would be interesting for special characters and such (e-bay?)

Just a suggestion, anyway upload more pictures please!

"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline Irandrura

• Only mildly annoying
  • Ancient
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 09:15:22 PM »

Right. For anything to be visible, the chest plate of the armour itself must have been modified, and that's quite unrealistic. Even the more moderate female Marines here have that problem. The female chest simply does not look like that.

Now, that said, I can imagine feminising Space Marine armour. It's possible, just more subtle that adding giant breasts to the front. (Seriously; it's the size of her head!) The overall female body shape is different to the male. It's something of a 'V' in the male - broad shoulders, strong upper body, narrowing to a thin waist. It's more even in a woman, broader hips and a narrower upper body. You could try to slim down the armour a bit; in particular, smaller shoulder pads. Making female Space Marine armour is not a 'breasts and high heels' thing. If we ignore the overly sexualised parts of Sister of Battle armour for a moment (as they really are quite blatant; they're supposed be chaste, GW!), look at the shoulders, hips, and legs. It's a bit too form-fitting in places, and should be bulkier, but perhaps we can attribute that to their power armour being stripped down and streamlined compared to the Astartes model.

What I'm saying is that perhaps it would be better to look at the overall body shape? Your conversions thus far are good, and certainly beyond anything I could do, but that's how it seems to me.

Also, I decline to comment on the background. Female Marines come up occasionally, and while theoretically it's possible to adapt the implants, it's not something that's ever likely to happen. It's a neat modelling project, though, so let's look at it in that spirit.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Offline Doctor Thunder

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 09:55:19 PM »
Now, that said, I can imagine feminising Space Marine armour. It's possible, just more subtle that adding giant breasts to the front. (Seriously; it's the size of her head!) The overall female body shape is different to the male. It's something of a 'V' in the male - broad shoulders, strong upper body, narrowing to a thin waist. It's more even in a woman, broader hips and a narrower upper body. You could try to slim down the armour a bit; in particular, smaller shoulder pads. Making female Space Marine armour is not a 'breasts and high heels' thing.
What I'm saying is that perhaps it would be better to look at the overall body shape? Your conversions thus far are good, and certainly beyond anything I could do, but that's how it seems to me.
I think your heart is in the right place, but you need to understand that only a professional sculptor could do what you are describing.  You'd have to start from scratch, and make it entirely out of green stuff.  It would cost nearly a thousand dollars to commission someone to do that, and then you'd have only one.

It is my experience that conversions can be cheap, quick, and just the way you want them, but not at the same time.  You only get to pick two of the three.  In this case, I'm happy with cheap, quick, and good enough.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 10:06:31 PM by Doctor Thunder »
Ya! (BOOM) (BOOM)

Offline Irandrura

• Only mildly annoying
  • Ancient
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 10:47:12 PM »
I think your heart is in the right place, but you need to understand that only a professional sculptor could do what you are describing.  You'd have to start from scratch, and make it entirely out of green stuff.  It would cost nearly a thousand dollars to commission someone to do that, and then you'd have only one.

Quite possibly. As I said, I'm not a converter. That's how it appears to me, though. Surely it's possible to maybe slim down some of the lower leg, bulk out the waist, make some smaller shoulder pads... I haven't tried it, obviously and don't have much of an idea how well it would work, but that's what comes to my mind. Looking at your Captain Inami, for instance, it doesn't seem impossible to not use the standard shoulder pads and greenstuff in a slimmer one.

Incidentally, what do you make of the breast comment? Why have you decided to make it so clearly visible through the chest plate?
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Offline Doctor Thunder

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 11:18:43 PM »
Incidentally, what do you make of the breast comment? Why have you decided to make it so clearly visible through the chest plate?
Well, you *could* just plonk down a regular marine and claim that the occupant underneath was female, but where is the fun in that?

The spirit of 40K has always been that things aren't supposed to make sense, they're just supposed to be cool.  All of the coolest stuff in 40K is totally unnecessary.  Huge banners, wolf pelts, enormous guns and swords, cyber-cherubim, etc.

I decided to make it clearly visible because I thought it looked better that way, and because I wanted my models to be recognizably female from several feet away, not only upon close inspection.
Ya! (BOOM) (BOOM)