News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2008: Space Marine Poster of the Year Nominations  (Read 1111 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
EDIT - Please, don't use shorthand or nicknames for people. I don't know everyone on the site, nor do I know all of their nicknames ;).

The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2008.

See the above for the rules and specifics of the Forum Awards, and use the linked thread for general questions.

Make your nominations for the Space Marine Poster of the Year here in this thread or through PMing me (though clearly title it so I can easily tell what it's about). The only limit is that you can not nominate the previous winner, which was in this case was a tie between Magus 42 and Mordekeim (so neither can be nominated).

Only one nomination per person please.

Nominees
  • YuenglingDragon [1]
  • Sanctjud [1]
  • Hymirl [2]
  • Alexander's Son [1]
  • NewHeretic [1]

~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 05:43:12 PM by -Makenshi- »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
I nominate YuenglingDragon.

The few times I'm there, he's there to respond, and seems to blanket the board with posts in bursts.

My 7 Cents.

Edit: What dog?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 11:16:44 PM by Sanctjud-Daemon Prince of Nurgle »
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline Cortez

Sanctjud.
But what happened to the dog??
Quote from: arah
first thing you dont need to mob opponents as marines. YOU ARE SPACE MARINES DAMNIT MOBBING IS FOR OKRS!!!
Quote from: Starrakatt of the Chortling Chainsaw
Self proclaimed kings - that's three now: Seer Fox, Thalandir, Shloeb... Self proclaimed gods are bigger, meaner and mightier.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
I think a few people have misunderstood the 'one vote per person' rule (especially in the board-specific nomination threads), so I'd just like to make it clear:

You can nominate one person per category, however you can not nominate the person who won it the previous year and you can not nominate yourself.

The 'one nomination per person' pertains only to each category, so you can't nominate two people for the same award. You can nominate someone for every award out there if you so wish (obviously not the same person though, as no-one is that active, not even Rasmus :P). You can also second/third/etc. someone who has already been nominated, although how many times someone has been nominated only comes into account if we have more than 8 nominees, in which case the ones with the most nominations go through.

Hope that clears things up.

~MTWC
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
I nominate Hymirl

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
 At my mind are coming too many names... but I, too, will say Hymirl.
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Wow, thanks guys!

Incidently I nominate Alexander's Son. Apart from knowing lots of stuff about marines hes a good role model.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Paraplegic

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
I nominate NewHeretic.

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
Apart from knowing lots of stuff about marines hes a good role model.

Thank you teacher... ;-) For the kind words and the nomination!
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
I know this is borderline Threadomantic, but thanks to Sanctjud for the nomination.  I had no idea I was in the running.  Thanks also to anyone who votes for me.

Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
Potty Mouth Necromancer...wow, that should be your Subtitle.

I was suprised I was nominated, I only got into the SM boards afte the New SM codex and "Vaseline" were put together.

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
Since the thread has been resurrected already, I'd like to humbly thank Paraplegic for nominating me.  I, too, was extremely surprised to see my name up for the voting.

Now I know at least someone likes me.  :D

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.