News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330897 times)

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters
« Reply #1640 on: December 22, 2017, 10:01:38 AM »
Oh my, those primarchs! Amazing job on both. Magnus's wings are very Tzeenchy, love it.
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline admironheart

• later
  • Armies: Eldar,Exodites,Harlequins.Squats,Dark Eldar&BA
« Reply #1641 on: December 24, 2017, 10:05:10 PM »
wow!

I like the other guy cant wait til you do more of those exodites!  I have had mine on a back burner for 15 years.  I really like your stuff!
"Battles are decided by slaughter and maneuver.  The greater the general, the more he contributes in manuever, the less he demands in slaughter"...Winston Churchill

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #1642 on: December 25, 2017, 08:01:41 AM »
@Seeking One- Thanks so much man. Those wings were a total bear to paint but I'm happy with how they came out so thanks a lot bud.

@Admironheart- Thanks man. I do plan on going back to them eventually, but I'm waiting for some inspiration in regards to the riders. I just dont think they'd fit in with my current models. I'd really like to feature them as a counts-as for one of the DE beast packs... but I gotta see what I can do in terms of riders first. Thinking of Sisters of the Thorn perhaps... but it'll have to wait for awhile as I'm super close to finishing my first non-Eldar army. But thanks bud I appreciate it and I will go back to them! Those Cold Ones are too cool to ignore forever!

@Everybody- Sorry for the lack of updates guys but I'm just painting MORE Triumvirates at the moment... so nothing really to share. I am painting a second Alaitoc/Shadowstrike Hornet as well but its super early going.

So just a quick headsup.... I'm working on a new Farseer, a new Hornet but most importantly....the order to complete my World Eaters army has been submitted! I know its been a lot of start and stop... but no longer! I cannot wait to have this army completed... its really gonna change up my gaming routine so my brother and I can mix and match armies and feel inspired to actually play games at home and not just slug it out IG vs Eldar. Can't wait! Anyway stay tuned guys... it should be here for the new year.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1643 on: December 29, 2017, 01:47:25 PM »
Been up to my eyeballs in commission work but managed to steal some time to crank out a new Void Dreamer/Farseer for the Alaitoc style Shadowstrike Warband. Real happy with how he came out. Been wanting to maximize the bang for my buck with my Dark Reapers as I've found my anti-armor output has been super crucial, plus I've had my eye on that "intercept" stratagem as well.

Meeting up with my buddy Mike to get a campaign rolling and I should have another Eldar player on my side... and a bloody good one! My buddy Patrick! Really looking forward to this... meeting up with Mike to figure out things tomorrow. So stay tuned should be some good bat-reps on the way!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1644 on: December 29, 2017, 03:19:32 PM »
G'day, Cavalier!
Hope you had a great Christmas. Your latest project looks fantastic, mate. Your painting has gone up a notch. Have a safe and happy new year... Pointy ears forever!!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #1645 on: December 29, 2017, 04:40:38 PM »
Stellar as always Cav. It may just be drowned out in the lighting, but do the white  spear blades have highlights? Since your paint style usually has much more exaggerated highlights, it may pay off to add some more contrast there.

Love the wych legs and the full helm head is my absolute favourite. They really fit within your esthetic. I can't wait to see them in your next batrep.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2018, 09:56:49 PM by dog_of_war »

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1646 on: January 2, 2018, 08:17:18 PM »
Another great mix of parts and paint work Cav.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #1647 on: January 4, 2018, 03:58:28 PM »
Love this one. You should really be proud. Congrats on 83 pages worth to bud. That'll show you how much everyone loves your stuff.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1648 on: January 5, 2018, 07:18:54 AM »
@Saim-Dann- Thanks so much man. I definitely set a goal for myself to improve my painting, so it means a lot. Thanks so much my friend.

@Dog of War- Hey bud, yeah the spear blade is actually pure white. I'm gonna go back and paint up some blue sheen on it like I did with Y'vraine spear but yeah I've always actually done my blades pure white. I was inspired by the Hobbit cartoon back in the day (and the old Zelda manuals) where they did magic blades all in white. Anyway thanks man yeah hopefully I'll get a bat-rep up soon. I've been swamped in work/holidays stuff and am now only seeing the light of day! Thanks as always bud!

@Magenb- Thanks bud glad you like it.  ;D ;D ;D

@Dread- Hey thanks man. Yeah I really dig this guy so thanks for the comment on the project log in general. Its truly reached epic proportions thanks to all you guys. So thanks for that man and happy new year.

@Everyone- So I was desperatley trying to get some new stuff finished so I could post an update with my replies to everyone, but I've just been super maxed for time. I just finished another Triumvirate and another Mortarion but also it was holidays and my sister who had been staying at my place just moved out, so I've been re-arranging my place (and regaining my studio!). So its been super busy...

But rest-assured my next update should be EPIC! The warlord for my World Eaters has arrived and is totally assembled. The remaining models are on their way... and my next Hornet is nearly finished.

The Campaign is gonna start in just a couple weeks and it'll be awesome! Its gonna be a 3 way campaign... The story is basically in the middle of an Eldar assault on an Imperial world trying to obtain an ancient relic, a Nurgle + Slaanesh alliance of Daemons and Chaos Space Marines attack! So its going to be a 3 way campaign starting off with a Planetstrike mission. I cant wait! Its gonna be 3 games long with an Apocalypse game to close it out... which will be my first Apoc game ever. So stay tuned! The new year is gonna start off strong... with World Eaters reaching completion and an awesome Campaign. Stay tuned!

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1649 on: January 5, 2018, 08:51:36 AM »
How would one go about setting up a commission with you Cav?

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1650 on: January 5, 2018, 09:27:59 AM »
Oh, my giddy Aunt!
Looking forward to the upcoming apoc game, Cavalier. Had a truckload of questions for you, however, it's scotch night and I've banned myself from responding on scotch night. Will respond on a sober night... Pointy ears forever!!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1651 on: January 5, 2018, 09:35:14 AM »
@Partninja- Hey bud thanks! I'll PM you my details. And thanks!  ;D ;D ;D

@Saim-Dann- Lol thanks bud! Glad you like it and are pumped for the campaign. Enjoy your scotch night my friend. Hit me up when are ready!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1652 on: January 9, 2018, 01:37:00 PM »
Hey guys! Just finished up my second commission Mortarion and quickly seized upon the opportunity to finish my second Hornet for my Shadowstrike Warhost. Got a campaign coming up so really happy to finish this guy up... he's been sitting there for quite awhile and my current list needs more AT. IMO best Bright Lance platform in the army.

Speaking of the Campaign thought I'd share the narrative bit and a cool map of the sector we'll be battling in!

War in the Cyclops Sector

200 Years have passed since the Fall of Cadia and the Imperium has been split in half by the Great Rift. The Dark Imperium, that section of the galaxy cut off from the Emperor’s light by the Cicatrix Maledictum has been plunged into a maelstrom of war not seen since the time of Old Night.

Amidst the pandemonium Eldar raiders have descended upon a host of worlds in the Cyclops Cluster, intent on capturing ancient relics of the old Aeldari Empire from Imperial hands. Ancient Wraithbone constructs were Uncovered during excavations by the Priesthood of Mars as defenses were reared against the horrors of the Black Crusade. It is thought that the periodic sighting of Eldar Rangers amidst these worlds led to their awareness of the archaeological discoveries and it wasn't long till the Eldar appeared- and in force. After a rare attempt at diplomacy failed, the Eldar Corsairs known as the “Lions of Asuryan” and their dark allies launched a merciless invasion upon the hiveworld of Halemnet to seize one of the relics. Yet the Imperial defenders proved more resilient than they expected, stalling the Eldar blitz… allowing the Daemonic forces of the Immaterium to burst into the fray.

It was exactly this turn of events the Eldar hoped to avert by negotiating for the relics instead of resorting to war, yet it was not to be. Now a three way war of ferocious dimensions has exploded across Halemnet and indeed the whole of the Cyclops Cluster… the results of which could either plunge the Dark Imperium deeper into the pit of night, or perhaps rekindle the flame of hope in this darkest of millenniums.

So yeah you read that right a 3 way war between Imperial Guard, Eldar and Daemons! Whats exciting about it is there is going to be a mono-faction Slaanesh player and a mono-god Nurgle player. I can't wait!

We're starting things out with a Planetstrike game to boot so I'm really, really pumped. Whats cool is the Daemons will always be the attackers, so if I'm matched up against Daemons I'll be the defender, but if its against Imperium, I'll be the attacker. Some really cool stuff. We've got pretty much all the logistics figured out so I'm really excited to start.

Anyway stay tuned for some updates guys and we'll talk soon.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1653 on: January 9, 2018, 02:55:28 PM »
Looking good and nice concept on the campaign right when chaos codex is dropping lol.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1654 on: January 10, 2018, 02:38:43 AM »
Niiiiice, Cavalier!
A lot of thought went into this game, mate. Looks like a hoot. The Dark Eldar are the only group without their own codex. You'll be at a disadvantage, the underdog. What an exciting challenge.... Pointy ears forever!!

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1655 on: January 11, 2018, 03:34:03 PM »
Well,I knew I'd have a lot to catch up on but damn! Cav do you even sleep? ;)

The weathering on your Dark Angels is on point. Really lifts quite a plain stock scheme (not your painting,just the regular scheme) to a real visual feast.

Mortarion is a real triumph to get him looking just that good with minimal highlighting. Very impressive :)

However, out of all of them, your void dreamer is just perfect :) by far my favourite of the updates I've missed. Fits in perfectly with your other one,but the differing poses really speak to markedly different characters behind the mask :) lovely work!

Haven't even touched on the campaigny thing yet but if I don't get a comment in soon they you'll have painted something else by the time I have and I'll be back to where I started ;)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1656 on: January 12, 2018, 08:32:13 AM »
@Magenb- Thanks man. Yeah I hear you on the Daemon dex too... gonna be tough because one of the best players in the area is joining the campaign and he's the Nurgle Daemon player. Was up chatting with the GW guys the other day and he was telling me how good he is. Should be interesting... especially with the non-standard missions.

@Saim-Dann- Yeah me and Mike (the regular IG opponent) went and hashed things out over coffee a few weeks back and have been communicating on FB to coordinate everything else. Its gonna be a lot of fun. To be clear I'm going to be playing a Y'nnari/Alaitoc army (with some DE mixed in) and my buddy Patrick (whose been featured playing Ad-Mech and Space Marines in previous bat-reps) will be playing Dark Eldar. This will be a big challenge for the Eldar faction because the Nurgle player is super good, and IG is the strongest dex in the land and a tough matchup for Eldar because of their armor. But it'll be a good challenge finished off with an Apocalypse game so it should be epic! Thanks bud, Cheers Pointy Ears! lol  ;D ;D ;D

@Ynneadwraith- Whats up my man! Long time no see. I tell you buddy I was on a hobby campaign of epic proportions. I was pretty blown out afterwards and actually got sick just as soon as I finished that Mortarion (go figure). Thanks for the kind words on the DA... I've just loved weathering them. I'm gonna paint some DA terminators while I wait for my World Eaters shipment to arrive and I'm really looking forward to weathering them up. Thanks on Mortarion too. But super thanks on the Void Dreamer! Really, really happy to have him in the army. I feel like that warband is really coming to life now. It all gets real with the army leader (Illic in this case) gets a psychic advisor. Just like my Prince and his fair lady (counts-as Y'vraine who will be getting named soon) and the old school RT Farseer. Anyway thanks so much Ynnead I appreciate it my man.

@Everybody- Well guys I'm sort of doing odds and ends right now waiting for my World Eaters units to arrive. My warlord is all assembled and ready for airbrushing, just waiting for the rest of the army to arrive so I can do it in all one big go (including my Bonesinger). In the meantime I'm working on a Wave Serpent that I put together from bits and old models I had lying around for my Shadowstrike Warband. Also working on some Terminators like I mentioned and some touch up the World Eaters Storm Eagle and the Predator. I'll take pics soon and share them with you guys. I'll also be working on a few Terminators too which I'll probably finish up over the weekend. I'll hit you guys with some lore regarding all the armies as well. It'll be an overview of everything to come this year.

Also I'll be playing a practice game with my brother to get the hang of Planetstrike and test out my army. Should be a blast! Also look forward to that campaign because myself and the Slaanesh player have agreed that in our matchup the Avatar will be throwing down with a Keeper of Secrets! So stay tuned for that! Alright guys take care and talk soon!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1657 on: January 14, 2018, 03:06:06 PM »
Hey guys! So I just finished up a mega-hobby session. I did some re-paints on both my Corsair Prince and my Priestess of Y'nnead. I actually did some crystalline blue shading on my Prince's sword, repainted some of his games, and also repainted the Priestess from pink to red. Really happy with how it came out!

Also.... my World Eaters shipment has arrived and I've dived right in. Only 3 more Berserkers to assemble and that aspect of the project will be done. Then its on to the Predator... and one of the MYSTERY models as pictured below.

Thank the Gods I had left over bits from my Warp Talons because their chainswords and pistols add so much to these guys. Cutting and adjusting the angles on the original Berserkers took FOREVER.

Also have to mention the Warlord has long been assembled but you'll have to wait till its painted to see it. This is gonna be awesome! So close to the finish line. Stay tuned guys and talk soon!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #1658 on: January 14, 2018, 04:17:27 PM »
That blue crystalline effect just adds that little bit extra that I think wasn't popping for me. Much better. It looks freaking awesome.

Those poses are just incredible. I always liked the berzerker models and their dynamic poses, even if the were a little goofy. With your repositioning and by adding rubble to your bases to make that leg lift make sense turns them from cool to unbelievable.

Also on your hq, please be Kharn, please be Kharn, please be Kharn.

He is my all time favourite named character. I just finished reading Kharn Eater of Worlds, which was awesome. Not as good as some of the other stories I've read with him, but still a great read about the World Eaters. My favourite was on published in a White Dwarf in the 90s about him and the World Eaters taking in a Slaanesh cult. I'll have to find the issue number once I get home, but it was the best piece of 40k fiction I've read.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 02:09:05 PM by dog_of_war »

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1659 on: January 14, 2018, 09:23:29 PM »
Niiiiice!
I like the shading of the Elven blades, mate. Micky Mouse posing of your Chaos boys as well. Have been watching James Barker on the Scorpion channel and have been impressed with his three predators. Is that what you'll be building towards, Cavalier, or just the one.

Three of them is on my list too boost the 3000pts of Primaris army, waiting in their case for a desition on their chapter... Go hard on the home stretch, mate. Keen to see them blown apart by pointy ears... Be well!