News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Zoats! yeah!  (Read 828 times)

caramoor

Zoats! yeah!
« on: August 27, 2002, 03:36:17 AM »
i tries putting a poll to bring back either zoats, fimir, pygmies, chaos dwarves, chaos squat and some thing else... cult genaelster armies!

but it didnt work, so im just potind a topic, cos does anyone else out there think we should still be able to use zoats?

anyone know why i couldn't posta poll?

Offline Farseer_Nimliiost

• Geek of Geekyness
  • War is my master, Death my mistress
Re:Zoats! yeah!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2002, 05:10:17 PM »
while zoats were overly ugly they were cool lol and squats and genestealer cults where sweet, my friend actuly started a cult  army its looking good so far, im infavor of bringing back these races and killing off the stupid necrons and the chaos  armys that were suposted to have been wiped out like world eaters
your understanding is not required mon-keigh, merely your surrender...

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2002, 11:35:31 PM »
yeah I always thought the world eaters were destroyed.....

I play a genestealer cult. they are very cool as the convertion oppotunities are amazing!

I have a chaos squat epic army, doe sthat count?
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Spacewolf

• I am all that is evil. But you can call me cookie
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 08:06:57 AM »
 They have rules for a Genestealer cult in one of their publications outside of White Dwarf. Also Chaos Dwarves are suppose to be making a comeback in the new fantasy the last I heard.

Offline Farseer_Nimliiost

• Geek of Geekyness
  • War is my master, Death my mistress
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2002, 12:37:17 PM »
yeah they were dystroyed in the hores heresey along with all the other chaos armys they just brought back, emporers children and what  not its really quite dumb
your understanding is not required mon-keigh, merely your surrender...

caramoor

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2002, 01:36:16 AM »
ive not seen the genaelster cult army list, anyone know which wd it would be in?

also, ive seen any more chaos cultist armies since last ed, are there rules for them concerning 3rd edition?

i just had a thought...
4th ed is, relatively overdue, if you consider the time between rogue trader and 2nd edition. and the eldar codex ( with harlies) is coming out 2003....
might harlies be one of the main armies in th e boxed game?

Offline Sartori

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2002, 02:18:22 AM »
hmmm.....

I doubt you could use Harlies as a main army, it doesn't really fit in with their image.

talking about 4th edition though and how we all miss the old armies from rouge trader and 2n ed.

maybe they should think about bringing some of the old armies back in a limited capacity.

say release smaller size codexes, similar in size to the specific chapter smurf codexes and have only metal minitures for them but no plastics saving themselves quite a bit of money as they don't have to produce plastic sprues.

you could call them allies books or something have them say create a new rule whereby all armies are allowed to take a third of their forces as allies..

For example:

Eldar could have Harlequins or Exodites as allies

Imperial Guard could have Squats, Adeptus arbites, sister of battle, assasins, inquisitors, ordo malleus, grey knights, smurfs etc.

Space Marines could have the same as IG

Tyranids could have zoats or genestealer cults

The list goes on..

It would keep a lot of the older and more hard core gamers happy by allowing them to legally take a lot of the stuff that they used to enjoy, G W would be happy 'cos they don't have to spend vast amounts of money creating all the plastics and text for a proper size army list.

Anyways that's my 2 bobs worth for the moment

"do what thou wilt, shall be the whole of the law"

Offline Eldanesh

• The One and the Prime
  • Ancient
  • Remember Sammy Jankis
    • Cool Mini Gallery
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2002, 05:46:27 PM »
heh,..I used to own both a Squat and Stealer Cult army. Ditched both about 2 years ago $350 for my Squats and $200 for my Cult.

But I will never let go of my Zoats! I own 20.

Anybody hear about the Eldar Crone World army rumored (at Portent) to be included in the 'Eye of Terror' campaign due soon from GW? Man I hope that ends up true.

The Laughing God laughs at you, not with you.

Offline Grundz

• Text goes there --->
    • Sword & Tail
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2002, 08:23:35 PM »
Hey Caramoor, the Genestealer Cult list is in Citadel Journal issue #40, and there is more stuff (Vehicles Conversions, Special Characters, etc.) in CJ#41.

I started a cult a while back, but it never really got anywhere...
Thus spaketh Grundz, Druid, Seer, Bard, Ashaman, Pandion Knight, Ranger, Sage, Eshu, Lexicon, Apothecary, Slayer of Gods and all round nice guy!

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
    • Lord of the Universe's Website
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2002, 01:37:24 PM »
or Exodites as allies

Imperial Guard could have Squats, Adeptus arbites, sister of battle, assasins, inquisitors, ordo malleus, grey knights, smurfs

Ordo Malleus is part of the Inquisition.
"The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal."

caramoor

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2002, 02:00:45 AM »
thanks for the response, im hoping the crone eldar are real too, but there are so many rumours flyiiing about that ( hopefully) they have to be true.

but, eldanesh, uvegot 20 zoats ( awesome!), do u use them in battles, and if so, what rules do you count them as, or do you make them up?