News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Jetbikes and wraiths  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Lecron

• I will consume all in my path
Jetbikes and wraiths
« on: July 13, 2002, 12:08:02 AM »
Ok now my first part is that they say destroyers move like jetbikes, and Im wondering (smack me for being a noob on this topic  ;D) but how far do jetbikes move?

And the other half is are wraiths a good adition to a Necron army?

the_mighty_brain

Re:Jetbikes and wraiths
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2002, 03:19:20 AM »
that's 12" in the movement phase, then 6" in the assault phase.

I have no idea about the wraiths. You get very few of them and to be honest, for the points and cost in $, why not just get more basic necrons?

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2002, 10:46:31 AM »
Mighty Brain: excuse me!

That is 12" in the movement phase and ignoring terrain inbetween.

They do NOT get the 6" in the assult phase!!!

The line of rules goes like this:

Main rulebook-Codex-Codex Supplement-CA modifications

NOT:

Main rulebook-Codex Eldar-Codex Necrons-Codex supplement-CA modifications.

I agree that naming them Eldar Jetbikes in the Main rulebook is BOUND to lead to mistakes. But they are still only flying bikes and not Craftworld eldar bikes. We had that discussion with DE jetbikes!
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2002, 03:03:00 PM »
Though from a few games that I watched I have found out that wraiths arn't that bad at taking out light viechles.

In a Necron/IG game I saw, a squad of Wraiths completely wasted a Chimera. And the crew inside since they attacked from behind and blocked the exit.

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""

Offline Tycho

• BEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • My 40k Site (still lots to to be done)
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2002, 10:59:58 AM »
jet bikes also go 12"
"The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!"

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2002, 06:22:14 PM »
Ok, but they arn't able to move 6" in the assultphase unless they are charging.

Callidus

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2002, 11:07:57 PM »
So, basically, what everyone is trying to say is:
Wraiths move 12" in movement, and 6" in assualt. They can only move 6" in the assualt if an enemy unit is in range of their charge.
And, personally, I think Wraith are a good addition to an army, but only a large one, say 1500pts+. They are good for taking out Fast Attack units that are trying to flank you, or if anyone gets too close.
While I'm on the topic of Wraiths, does anyone else feel that they should have at least one attack that is Armour Peircing? Terminators are, what, 35pts? And they have 2 armour peircing attacks, even if they do strike last.
Isn't the Shock Whip good for anything these days?? ;D

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2002, 01:06:38 AM »
C'tan Man: If they had one armorpiercing attack then they would be too good. Isn't the fact that they are tougher than rock, faster than hell and not much more expensive than a biker enough for you?

Offline Lecron

• I will consume all in my path
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2002, 10:06:23 AM »
I never planed on taking on heavy armoured things with the Wraith, they are my soldier hunters. I use all those nifty guns the Necrons get for the armoured guys. I think the Wraith is worth his points just cause of his speed and invul 3+, 3atcks, and that bonus +1 when they charge with a WS 4 hes going to be having to roll 3-4's on most attacks, plus they have an I6, making them just for that purpose of hunting.

Callidus

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2002, 11:30:40 PM »
C'tan Man: If they had one armorpiercing attack then they would be too good. Isn't the fact that they are tougher than rock, faster than hell and not much more expensive than a biker enough for you?

No.

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2002, 01:10:01 AM »
In that case you are spoiled.

No terminator I ever saw had S6 and a 3+ invulnerable save.

Callidus

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2002, 01:35:07 AM »
HEHE! I was joking. ;D
I justed wanted to see if I was the only one, and i guess I am.
That's the trouble with typing, you just can't tell if someone is joking.