News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: UK: 7th 40kOnline Tournament RESULTS  (Read 61062 times)

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
UK: 7th 40kOnline Tournament RESULTS
« on: April 29, 2008, 08:22:34 AM »

RESULTS NOW IN!

If you missed it, you missed out. But follow the link for the results of the 7th 40kOnline Tournament (in partnership with Bracknell Forest Gamers Club).

The link will take you to page 27 of this thread... there are also pictures from that point onwards!

No sooner has the dust settled from the last outing that I get awoken in the depths of night by the screams of gamers across the land demanding another chance to lose to me.

When/where is it?:
so, the 7th tournament will be held on:

Saturday 16th August

There are 30 gamer places. ONLY 7 PLACES ARE LEFT

Again, a big thanks to the bracknell forest gamers club for allowing us to use their venue.

http://www.bfgclub.org.uk/
Address and direction on website

What time?:
we are going to be looking for an early start... the earlier we start, the more games we will get! Hopefully this time we will won't have to vacate as early as last time so that we can get in an additional game. Keep your eyes peeled here for more details.

so provisionally:

9:00am - 6:00pm.

Dan, Nick let me know what you guys think for this...

How much?:
Tickets will be available to pre-buy.

Ticket price is now £9.
You may still pay in advance in order to secure your place (through BFG). tickets will be available to buy on the day, but will operate on a first come first serve basis. This is more an incentive to buy in advance than anything else.  More info on this method of payment below.

If for any reason you have to cancel before the event then you will lose £3 to go to the fees.

PM / email Dan (BFG club) direct with how you want to pay and he will give you the specific details. This is for security.

email Macvurrich@hotmail.com or 40kolf_gt@bfgclub.org.uk

Your options for payment include:

Paypal (though we ask that you add a small amount to cover what Paypal takes - i think it's something like 25pence).
Cheque
Direct transfer
or of course you can pay in CASH

What will you need?:
  • a 1500pt army
  • your army list
  • dice & templates
  • measuring tape
  • glue (for field repairs)
  • objective markers (for missions)
  • money for lunch / packed lunch
  • a good sense of humour!
  • pen and paper (to keep track of points etc)
  • a camera, to document the carnage (optional!)

The games:
we will hopefully get 4x 1500pt games in over the day.

the format for these is up for debate in this thread.

A final tournament pack will be available detailing all the games and rules.

The armies:
  • your armies will need to be 1500pts
  • non-codex print armies, such as armoured company or kroot mercenaries are of course allowed! in all cases you MUST bring ALL the relevant rules in order to play with that army
  • forge world IS allowed. you may use anything without structure or mass points as part of your army abiding by the forgeworld rules, and of course, you must bring those rules with you. if you wish to use a forge world army list (as opposed to just adding in units) then you may do so
  • in all cases, the most up to date rules are to be used. This includes the Forge World Imperial Armour Apocalypse book.
  • the forge world flyer rules will be used (not those from Apocalypse).
  • the only exception is that, as per Apocalypse, Pintle Mounted Weapons will count as AA (anti-aircraft weapons) - this is to give some armies a fighting chance against flyers.
  • your army does not need to be painted, but additional points will be awarded to those that are
  • all armies and units must be "official", no VDR units will be used nor armies without official publications (codeces or otherwise). If you are unsure about your army then ask here first!

please look through the above, its all subject to change according to our concensus.

IMPORTANT NOTE - we will be using the NEW 5th Edition 40k rules at this tournament.

the prizes:
as before there are no real prizes up for grabs some nice certificates!

Gold
Silver
Bronze

Best Army

if we want some more then put forward your ideas!!

the winner will be decided throughout the course of the tournament... the scoring of which will be decided too... so put your ideas forward!

Nearest Hotels

The Grange Hotel
Charles Sq, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1DF, UK 01344 474000

Hilton Hotel
Bagshot Rd, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 0QJ, UK 01344 424 801

Premier Travel Inn
Wokingham Rd, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG42 1NA, UK 0870 197 7036

Whos coming?
Dan!
Evil_Toast - Tau
DarkFex [non 40KO member]
oink
Jonik - guard
Chuckles
Verfeld - warboss changeyname
Premethus
vrykolakas_666 (+Craig!?)
Erriond
gOOgle
Nny
SpikyGrint(non 40KO Memeber]
gonzon
Teg
MacV
Hawaiian Zombie
Hymril (but don't worry, apparently he's nicer in meatspace than in cyberspace  :P)
Josh Haringman
Morgan Haringman
Big Ben
evilmonkey
-Bill-

What I've forgotten:

lots probably...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 02:18:13 PM by o:nk »

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
are we using the same scoring system as last time?
oink is a nancy!

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
well im not sure if we can - there are lots of things that might be dependant upon the new 40k rules - perhaps there will be an in built method that we can use for our scoring!? its also why we cant decide on what missions we will be using - and also what points value game to play... for instance we might find the new rules allow you to play a 2000pt game in the time a current 1500pt game takes!?

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
What will you need?:

a 1500pt army (unless we decide otherwise but this seems to be the best option)
your army list
dice
measuring tape
glue (for field repairs)
objective markers (for missions)
money for lunch / packed lunch
a good sense of humour!

An army and the rulebook might help ;) heheheh

Cool, (Unless a studio contacts be and demands that the only time I can do experiance with them is the 16th, and only the 16th, and even then I might consider not going to them) I'm coming!

On a side note, hee hee oink has no bits!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 11:32:38 AM by Jonik »
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
    • Bracknell Forest Gamers
Hall is booked for 8 open to 19 kicked out in the cold  so playing from 9 - 19 give us 10 hours
Bagpipe's are not deadly weapons !. Well it depend who's playing them ! ;)
Bracknell Forest GamersThe Gaming Club Network - GAME ON ![/B]
LEGION of SNAKE EYES

Offline 666_Mutley_666

well im not sure if we can - there are lots of things that might be dependant upon the new 40k rules - perhaps there will be an in built method that we can use for our scoring!? its also why we cant decide on what missions we will be using - and also what points value game to play... for instance we might find the new rules allow you to play a 2000pt game in the time a current 1500pt game takes!?

yea thats a good point lol. i hope there not to many changes in 5th ed. i still dont know all the rules for 4th lol
oink is a nancy!

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
that should give us enough time for a game or two.  ;)

i think erriond and I should chat with you about how we can go about this tourney - if you guys would prefer pre-booking tickets and how we might do this - and how viable it is (after all, some of our younger gamers might not be able to send money through the interweb)

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
Why do we need to pre-book? :S

Offline Evil_Toast

• Lazerous Penguin
  • All glory to the Hypnotoad .
As per last time I will place myself on the maybe list . Will have to see the work situation closer to the time before I can safely commit to this . 
Models painted 2011 . 2010 in brackets .
Infantry : 0 (32)
Large Infantry : 0 (9) 
Bikes/Jetbikes : 3 (0)
Walkers/MC's : 0 (5)
Tanks : 0 (4)
Large Tanks : 0 (0)

Last unit painted : 3 Eldar Jetbikes
Screw it, I give up.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight

we might.

the thing is that there are insurance issues when it comes to a certain number of people. but beyond this we also have to consider how much table space we have - and if warranted by the volume of people, if we need to try to get out the second hall... i think at this stage in time we wont need to worry about it because the numbers just arent that high...

till now we have always had people dropping out last minute - which is a little frustrating / annoying, but cant always be helped - though pre booking tickets will reduce this a lot. the next thing is that we dont want to be left in a situation where too many people arrive - and we find we dont have enough space for everyone! This might be an issue if MacVurrich gets one of our events promoted in a White Dwarf... which is a future possibility as part of the GCN network.

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
Re: 7th 40kOnline Tournament in partnership with Bracknell Forest Gamers!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 04:00:12 PM »

we might.

the thing is that there are insurance issues when it comes to a certain number of people. but beyond this we also have to consider how much table space we have - and if warranted by the volume of people, if we need to try to get out the second hall... i think at this stage in time we wont need to worry about it because the numbers just arent that high...

till now we have always had people dropping out last minute - which is a little frustrating / annoying, but cant always be helped - though pre booking tickets will reduce this a lot. the next thing is that we dont want to be left in a situation where too many people arrive - and we find we dont have enough space for everyone! This might be an issue if MacVurrich gets one of our events promoted in a White Dwarf... which is a future possibility as part of the GCN network.

Hmmm.. I can kinda see. When it wasn't as big there was always a table or two left over. Was it particularly busy last time?

As for advertising it... do we get anything out of it being bigger? I was under the impression there were no profits from it. And making it bigger, with 3 games (4 max) isn't exactly a great thing...

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 04:59:07 PM »
well thats something that we have to consider too... last time, there was one table not used.

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 09:45:51 PM »
I thought the pre-booking thing was so as to streamline all the score tabulation at the end of the thing?
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 05:26:43 AM »
well, that too - it means the first game can be set and ready as soon as everyone arrives!

Offline small_furry_spider

• Council Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • www.small.furryspider.com
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 05:46:36 AM »
Sorry, you will have to count me out of this one- I will be on holiday in Wales (and I doubt that my wife would like me to drive back for it :) ). Sorry if any of you guys wanted a rematch, but I will try and make the 8th tournament....

Offline 40kfomPodmaster

• Succubus
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 06:27:49 AM »
Right.

I got excited about the 5th tournament, but realised about a month beforehand I couldn't go (clashing with holidays etc)

I got OBSCENELY excited about the last one, even to the point of booking train travel and accomodation, only to have a financial black hole open up beneath my world (large unexpected bills & some nasty other personal sh1t...don't ask). This resulted in most of my gaming stuff being sold bar my faithful Space Wolves (and only 500points of them are painted!!)...mass panic to liquify assets!

So...I really want to come, but I refuse to get excited this time. I will watch this space, and let you guys know if I can.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 11:18:35 AM »
hold on a second... who in their right mind goes DOESN'T go on holiday to wales??  :P
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 11:29:08 AM by Jonik »

Offline small_furry_spider

• Council Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • www.small.furryspider.com
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 12:59:33 PM »
hold on a second... who in their right mind goes DOESN'T go on holiday to wales??  :P

Well, we went to Barcelona in April for a couple of weeks, so this is our cheap second holiday as my grandparents own a second home there- free accommodation and cheap travel certainly have more weight than the wonders of Welsh weather  :P

Offline 666_Mutley_666

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 03:17:54 PM »
i went to northern wales a few years ago, it rather nice over there. some nice castles :)
oink is a nancy!

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 05:34:10 PM »
Cardiff is regularly hot and sunnier than england!  :P It makes the sheep far more agreeable to my advances.

:P
« Last Edit: May 1, 2008, 04:02:49 AM by oink »