News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Army  (Read 3782 times)

Offline Asura

• I'm a llama!
Army
« on: February 17, 2002, 12:04:59 AM »
My friend, Archon Drakseer, is assembling a force.
He shall be hunting
Spacemarines x2 (Dark Angels)
Imperial Guard (Catachan, Armored Company)
Tau
And myself.
What units would be good to by, how much, you know that stuff

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
Re:Army
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2002, 07:10:27 AM »
DarkLances, DarkLances and Darklances...and did I mention Darklances?

No seriously.

Darklances.

I think that the best force is one that consists mainly of Raider infantery(to give the ability to take care of the Tau and IG) as well as give a few mobile darklance platforms. Back them up by Ravagers and Warrior squads and add a few Reavers with blasters as a quick insurgence force.
I would  put my Archon/dracon on a jetbike and ignore the Bodyguards since the Incubi would have too little effect against IG and Eldar.

The DE Elites arn't really good against tanks and high save troops(which sums up every opponent he will be facing.

Nope, in this case its the Troops, Ravagers and FA that will save the collective DE ass.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Karakth

• The Dark Eldar don't kill- They Slaughter!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2002, 07:20:00 AM »
Is it possible to give a warrior squad 2 Dark lances and put them on a raider?
~Karakth

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2002, 12:51:04 PM »
that seems like it should be possible.  Don't see why not.

Offline Haemonculi

• Dont fear agony, embrase it !
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2002, 01:03:17 PM »
nope, warrior squad dont have that option.
Raider squad do, BUT they consists of between 5 - 10   D E warrior and can only carry 1 dark lance.

Quote from: Karakth
link=board=2;threadid=1506;start=0#16870 date=1013948400

Is it possible to give a warrior squad 2 Dark lances and put them on a raider?
"Well well, its still alive. Take its skull to my vessel" Draconite Meschinoor.

Offline Slayer

• can you guess which internal organ this is?
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2002, 01:29:49 PM »
Thats correct, but could you not deploy the 5 man raider squad outside the raider with a 10 man squad on the other side with 2 dark lances, then embark them on the first turn?

Offline Kabal of the Bleeding Sun

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2002, 02:57:23 PM »
And do you even have to have the squad on the raider to begin with, everything I have heard as far as tactics is to leave them off and then embark them so they don't get shot down before you can use them.

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2002, 03:30:47 PM »
Also a squad cannot use another squads transport(unless you are cult of speed or an independent character). Its a squad options and for the use of the squad only.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2002, 07:45:47 PM »
So they can't use anothers squads transport, but do they have to be on the raider at the beginning of the game?

Offline Dark3lazer

• My OnLy CrImE Is CuRiOsItY
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2002, 08:27:45 PM »
no they don't have to be on the raider at the start of the game ;D
I walk alone in my Revloution

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2002, 11:59:30 AM »
Thats cool, though I don't agree with the people who start with them off, because sure if you lose the ability to strike first, they could all get shot down and half the troops destroyed.  But, if you do go first you have to embark your troops, fly them out there... and then you can't disembark them.  so they will still get shot down... but I guess they are closer.. for the survivors.  But since DE are almost always the attacker, they usually go first, so leave them in raider, fly out, drop the load, and then use the raiders as tank killers and targets.  But that is just my theory, and with the horrible save, most of the troops will die getting shot down, and I don't know if I want to do that, even if they will be closer for the survivors.  I don't know, what does everyone else do with their raiders?

lord maulus

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2002, 01:19:48 PM »
um .... oh yeah ive remberd
rubbish save = spl/cannon
good save = d/lance
rubish combat = bikes/talos away from rest of army
good combat = ravengers/d/lances
good shot = incubi body gaurd / every thing on a raider
rubbish shot = raiders are fast n cheap so have loads     ne way

Offline Prince of the laughing god

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2002, 01:52:21 PM »
You could VDR a transport for a warrior squad, but skimmer VDR vehicals are too costly.
This confusion is my illusion

Offline Trunkhead

• Drunken Master
  • Ancient
  • Cause this is too funny
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2002, 03:51:37 PM »
of course if you think about it a Raider squad can just as many darklances as a warrior squad can get (2) as there is one on the Raider. so really the only firepower you losing is the extra assault weapon since Raider squads can only upgrade to one of those.
I think the best tactic to use if you start your squad disembarked is to run them over to the Raider, embark, move the Raider 24" to a spot behind cover and wait, since you can't disembark anyway.  of course this is terrain dependant, depends on how the field is set up
You know what I'll say when I see God?
I'm going to tell him I was framed
 - The Way of the Gun

Offline Rhysk

• Begin the Litanies of Hatred!!!
    • My squatter page on the net
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2002, 09:57:35 AM »
I prefer the load up the Raiders, find some chunks of the board where a Raider squad could take up good firing positions and shoot out there and deploy the Raider Squads... Remember if you can't quite make it to cover it's ok, you can Fleet of Foot in the shooting phase. That's right kids you can't make a normal move in the movement phase if you deploy form a Raider, but Fleet of Foot moves are taken in the shooting phase and they are OK... snicker snicker...
"Victurus te Saluto!" (He who is about to win salutes you)

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2002, 10:07:30 AM »
See that is what I was thinking for tactics, but I guess if there is a large board w/plenty of large cover the 24" move would be good, just depends on terrain I guess.  I like the 12" put them behind some cover, then let the raiders take care of their own business.