News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Trukk Lists  (Read 650 times)

Offline a2thak

• Ork Boy
  • For the emperor! ummmm...waarrrgh?
Trukk Lists
« on: August 10, 2010, 12:24:06 PM »
What is the minimum amount of trucks etc you should be fielding in a trukk rush type list? What kind of criteria should i look for in a list like this?  I have thrown together an 1850 list feel free to pick it apart. =]

Big Mek KFF

Warboss PK eavy armor

4 12 unit slugga boy trukk mobs each with Nob pk eavy armor and BP.

10 Nobz 3 PK 10 eavy armor painboy BP waagh banner

19 gretchin w/Runtherd

12 lootaz

14 StormBoyz Nob PK eavy armor BP

DeffKopta TL Rokkit

Battlewagon DeffRolla Killkannon (10 nobz + warboss + Big mek in this.)

There are a couple points left over (1813/1850) that i can slap on trucks or what have you. How would this fare?  It is half the boyz of my slogger list and those small trukk boy squads make me nervous.  Does this type of configuration work? (see zerg rush)  Or should I stick to footslog?

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 12:52:15 PM by a2thak »

Offline AXEBLADE

• Burna Mek
  • Armies: Orks, Eldar, Imperial Guard
Re: Trukk Lists
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 06:57:41 PM »
These suggestions are all personal preference so feel free to ignore them. However when I run a trukk list I run a list with as many trukks as possible

-Stormboyz get shot up a lot. They will get shot up a hell of a lot more if they are the only infantry to shoot at. They really won't live long and 14 of them is going to be hard to hide, they are also expensive (relatively), I would drop them in favour of another trukk full of boyz.
-Deffkopta could be given a buzzsaw to increase the chance he will kill his target in the first turn.
-I don't like the grots as I feel that their points could be better used on something useful to the army rather than sitting in reserve and waiting to steal an objective at the last minute.
-I'm not sure the warboss is necessary in this list as you already have a lot of power klaws. dropping him would almost give you another mob of boyz.

So. By dropping the stormboyz you get another trukk + orks. By dropping the grots and warboss you get another trukk + orks. And probably have enough points to put a buzzsaw on your deffkopta. (I haven't done exact numbers).
This would give 72 orks, 6 trukks, 10 nobz in a battlewagon and a deffkopta for first turn tank killing.

Your deffkopta will die but will hopefully take out a tank. Turn 2 your trukks will hit your opponent and the rest of the game should just be an extended CC phase.

Upgrades on the trukks. Rams are usefull and I would put them on half of the trukks. I would give all of the trukks boarding planks so you can take out transports.
On the subject of transports. If they didn't move (or didn't move very far) then use 2 squads of trukk boyz to assualt it and cover the doors. 2 powerklaws latter and the vehicle should be dead and the squad inside will have nowhere to go and be killed aswell. Don't forget to use your trukks to block LOS from return fire or to block doors to help with this.

Trukk lists do very well if you get first turn however if you go second and your opponent has lots of ranged anti tank (or even heavy bolter equivilents) then your army starts walking. Thats why I like keeping my trukks cheap

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Trukk Lists
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 07:52:55 PM »
Excellent (rubbing hands together) another speed freak in the making!!!  ;D

Yes lots of trucks, I suggest red paint, all round, the extra 1" is so worth it even if you only use it once, getting a second free inch is just icing on the cake especially when playing for objectives.

The ram is essential equipment for all trucks, it allows you to go through terrain instead of around it, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, and to get that second turn charge is to enjoy your enemy fleeing before you and hearing the lamentations of their women.

The plank is also a great extra, attacking enemy transports and then having their contents unable to assault your boys is priceless, and they REALLY come in handy for those blood angle dreads with sustained assault, because your nob gets his attacks without fear of retribution. Also it is really handy when attacking tau vehicles as then the flechetes can't cause any casualties.

As Axblade has stated; drop the storm boys and add another truck squad.

As for your BW, drop the cannon, you are not going to be shooting the thing if you are going full tilt towards the enemy so that you can crush things with the death roller and get the nobs into combat. Use the points for red paint, rams and planks on all your trucks. Take two big shootas for the weapon destroyed results so that you do not become immobilized on a bunch of 3's. Also on a BW is the only vehicle where grot riggers can actually pay for themselves so they are also recommended for the BW.

Keep the death roller it is so efffective against necron monoliths it is on the verge of cheese, not to mention land raiders and leman russ tanks. On the BW red paint is good, as that 13" run at the monolith is well worth the look on your opponents face when his invincible monolith is destroyed.

For the boss and the nob squad add cybork body to them all, you may have to drop a klaw or maybe use the points left over from not taking storm boys, but the chance to ignore power weapon and monsterous critter hits is wonderful.

Happy Hunting
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak