News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: BattleTech?  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Wraithboss

• Most Potent of Geezers
  • Back from the dead, and ready to Party!
BattleTech?
« on: March 6, 2002, 01:04:32 PM »
Anybody here ever play Battletech? I have five butt-loads of miniatures, but never got into the game...

`Boss!
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
                                    T. Roosevelt

Offline the_Bard_72

• Kanu-rath Craftworld and Kabal of Martyred Souls
Re:BattleTech?
« Reply #1 on: March 6, 2002, 01:51:42 PM »
I only have 2 loads, but a friend of mine has about 20 loads...using your measurement, of course  ;D

Used to play on a regular basis...even had at least one 24 hour non-stop slugfest on the kitchen floor.  Once they started going beyond the regular stuff (by which I mean, they started progressing the timeline into the Clans and such), I began to lose interest.  The fun of the game got spoiled for me by way to many ways to vary a mech and way to many weapons.  I liked it when you had to slam on a mech a couple dozen times before he fell.  Once they had things that made your mech light up in one or two shots (dirty, rotten clans), it lost its appeal to me.  Still play on occasion.  My friend has a lot of the tanks and infantry stuff, too.
the Bard
Emmissary of the Kanu-rath Craftworld

Offline RedTwo

• Conversion Exarch
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: March 6, 2002, 03:55:01 PM »
I use to play a LOT, but that was about a decade ago.  I graduated high school about a year after the Clan rules came out and moved away from the friends I played with.  I had two companys (24 mechs - how many butt loads is that  ??? ) and each lance had an aerospace fighter, support vehicle, and it's own color/camoflage scheme.  We rarly ever played the vehicles and fighters, but it sure was cool having the minis  ;D.  I too had an all night sluggfest where we put the two companies against each other.  It was a hell of a lot of fun, but we all swore we'd never do it again - it was just too big of a game.

I only have five Mechs from my old collection now.  They were the ones discontinued for violating the Macross copyright.  I wish I had more of them now that Macross is getting popular again.
Over specialization builds in weakness.

Offline Wraithboss

• Most Potent of Geezers
« Reply #3 on: March 6, 2002, 04:57:45 PM »
<snicker> Just tell what you want. I probably have it , still in the blister...

`Boss!
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
                                    T. Roosevelt

Offline Vertaxis

« Reply #4 on: March 7, 2002, 01:22:32 PM »
BT Fanatic. here

Loads of figs.  Played in groups on 6x12 tables with Mechs and Vehicles.  Never got into Aerotech.

We'd custom modify and custom make mechs on Tonnage, not points.  Point was a waste of time after a while...
Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Wraithboss

• Most Potent of Geezers
« Reply #5 on: March 8, 2002, 04:19:23 PM »
I have listed my BT stuff for trade on the "Trading Post". Go get 'em!
                                    T. Roosevelt