News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Book 2 in my Epic Fantasy series is now released!  (Read 947 times)

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Book 2 in my Epic Fantasy series is now released!
« on: June 2, 2015, 09:36:19 AM »
Iron and Blood, Book 2 in The Saga of the Redeemed, is out today from Harper Voyager US! To be found wherever fine e-books are sold!

Part II of the Saga of the Redeemed picks up right where The Iron Ring left off …

After Tyvian Reldamar gets double-crossed by his business partner, he is affixed with an iron ring that prevents the wearer from any evildoing. Not one to be deterred by this setback, he quickly puts into motion a plan for revenge—one that will use every dirty trick in the book.

But things are never simple for mastermind Tyvian, especially not after he uncovers a sinister plot: evil wizard Banric Sahand is planning to decimate the city of Freegate. Now Tyvian must learn to work with—and rely on—his motley crew of accomplices, including an adolescent pickpocket, an obese secret-monger, a fearsome gnoll, and a Mage Defender…who is also trying to get him arrested. Time is running out for Tyvian's plan for revenge—while the fate of the city hangs in the balance.

Go and check it out (or both of them, if you haven't read the first one yet!)

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Book 2 in my Epic Fantasy series is now released!
« Reply #1 on: June 4, 2015, 08:55:48 AM »
Ah--here's a link to my UK Amazon page:

Amazon.co.uk: Auston Habershaw: Books, Biogs, Audiobooks, Discussions

Took me a while to figure out that there's a different Amazon page for different countries.  :-\

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #2 on: June 6, 2015, 03:31:23 PM »
While I'm certain you don't need this advice, here's an example of how *not* to deal with bad reviews.
Cait's review of The Boy and the Peddler of Death
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: June 7, 2015, 10:46:26 AM »
While I'm certain you don't need this advice, here's an example of how *not* to deal with bad reviews.
Cait's review of The Boy and the Peddler of Death

Oh, yeah. Never, never, never respond to bad reviews. I had a Goodreads troll for The Iron Ring who gave it one star before it was even released and said a wide variety of untrue and confusing things (in my estimation), but I did not respond, despite my honest desire to ask "really? Like...really?"

Nothing good comes from that conversation.

That is, to date, the only bad review I've actually gotten (of about 40-ish between Goodreads, B&N, and Amazon). I've only gotten 3 ratings of 2 stars or less, too (and that among a much higher number), so there is no reason to get defensive.

I've written a fun book. If you like Fantasy (especially if you like Scott Lynch or Brandon Sanderson), you'll probably dig it.