News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 Point all comers.  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
1500 Point all comers.
« on: July 1, 2013, 04:01:54 PM »
So ive playtested this vs guard where it did ok managed a draw but there were 7 tanks. 2 wins from the new eldar and one draw.

HQ
Ethereal

Elites
Riptide - Ion accel, Plasma rifles
6 Stealths 2 fusion blaster 2 target locks

Troops
10 fw with rifles
10 fw with rifles
10 sniper kroot

Fast
8 drones
8 pathfinders
1 bomber with TL missile pod

Heavy Support
HH ion cannon, BSF, D pods
HH rail gun, BSF, Sub-shot, D pods
Sniper - 6 drones 2 marksman

Aegis

1503 points

I tend to keep my fire warriors ethereal and snipers behind the aegis with at least one objective if i can help it the sniper drones are amazing at dealing with high T troops and within 12" of the ethereal they pop 3 shots a piece on twos lots of precision (which ive found handy to drop shimmerhield avengers and the like) the gun drones are pretty amazing as an anti air unit so i tend to hold them in reserve riptide and HH keep them moving and dropping pie plates where necessary stealths either outflank or deepstrike as and when.
So far the only thing thats proving tough is Swooping hawks but long as my interceptor drones are on the table they can deal with them. That and the nightmare that is the wave serpent
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: 1500 Point all comers.
« Reply #1 on: July 2, 2013, 04:06:16 PM »
I can see why you'd have trouble with Wave Serpents (nothing in your list that is likely to deal with them easily, unless the Stealths can get around behind). Two questions, though:

1) Has the Sunshark been paying off? It seems to me to be too fragile for its points, Interceptor Drones or not.
2) Early Warning Override for a Riptide is almost standard equipment. It ought to suitably terrify any deepstriking hawks, for instance.

If the Sunshark isn't a star performer and you aren't married to its inclusion, I'd put forth Deathrain suits as a suitable alternative. TL or Dual Missile pods (with any number of third options, or none at all) will put a major hurt on Wave Serpents and other medium-light armor, and can do suitable duty as anti air if you can get a markerlight hit on the flyer in question.

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: July 2, 2013, 07:09:20 PM »
The bomber is amazing its wonderful mostly because noone fears it there for it stays around the table chipping off points left right and centre. the drones have been amazing droping flyers and high armour infantry. i keep it cheap with just TL the missile pod.
Was seeing if i could get EWO on the riptide and maybe it would be worth dropping a kroot or two for it. but would they still get to drop their bomb if i killed them all with the pie plate

got another win against eldar today tabled him by turn three and his list was this
Farseer
Spirit Seer
10 Wraithguard
10 dire avengers shimmershield
10 guardians with shuriken platform in wave serpent with all the gubbins
2 prisms
2 Fighters with one exarch.

This time managed to get the serpent down didnt realise its shield only worked to the front so managed to get my stealths round the back and drop it. with hawks i think i might be best just spreading out a little
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'

Offline Ricburgis

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 10:33:40 PM »
I'd put forth Deathrain suits as a suitable alternative. TL or Dual Missile pods (with any number of third options, or none at all) will put a major hurt on Wave Serpents and other medium-light armor, and can do suitable duty as anti air if you can get a markerlight hit on the flyer in question.

I'll second this -- if you're still having trouble with wave serpents (although it sounds like you've worked out something that will work with your stealth suits), I had some great success today with deathrain suits against a couple of wave serpents.  The serpents are way overpowered, to be sure, but if you through enough S7 shots at them, you'll down them eventually.

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 06:43:19 PM »
yep now that i know the weakness in the rear wave serpents have posed less of a problem dropped both of them in my most recent game
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'