News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ynnari null deploy  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Determinator

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Ynnari null deploy
« on: February 16, 2017, 06:14:58 PM »
So I really wanted to make a list using the reborn warhost...and I definitely wanted to use yncarne and ynnead's net because the rules just look so fun to play.

This made me realise that my army is going to be very reserve heavy. Therefore I decided to go full null deploy  ;)

Reborn Warhost

HQ

Autarch, swooping hawk wings, banshee mask, fusion gun, Power sword 115

TROOPS

2x 5 Kabalite warriors, Blaster, Venom, 2x Splinter Cannon 120
=240

FAST ATTACK

Venom, 2x Splinter Cannon 65

Vyper, starcannon, shruiken cannon 55

LORD OF WAR

The Yncarne 275

FORTIFICATION

Imperial bunker, comms relay 75

YNNEAD'S NET

Warlock skyrunner 50

3 Windriders, scatter lasers 81

6 Reavers, 2 Blasters, 2 Cluster caltrops 146

Blades of fate 125

ASPECT HOST

2x 5 Warp spiders, exarch 105
=210

3 Dark reapers, exarch 90

ASPECT HOST

2x 6 Swooping hawks, exarch 106
=212

5 Fire dragons, exarch 120

TOTAL=1849

The dark reapers go in the bunker and they are the only things that start on the board. I'm hoping that the building is tough enough to survive until the rest of the army get there.

All the venoms deep strike (fire dragons go in the empty one), as well as the swooping hawks and the warp spiders. The vyper outflanks and the yncarne and the ynnead's net do their thing.

So what do u think? Can it work?

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
Re: Ynnari null deploy
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 08:59:55 PM »
AFAIK, you are not allowed to take fortifications in the reborn warhost.
Even so, the reapers alone could be shot to pieces unless they manage to stay out of sight entirely.
Sure Yncarne will pop up as soon as they die, but Yncarne would have to withstand a lot of firepower if facing a shooty army.
It would probably be a cointoss, and I wouldn't like those odds when being tabled turn 1 is in the pot.

Have you considered the Ulthwé strike force?
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline Determinator

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 05:43:02 AM »
You're right...there's too much of a chance that they can kill the building and I couldn't even have taken it anyway...

I hadn't thought of the ulthwe strike force. I was thinking about taking the scalpel squadron but I felt it was too unfluffy. This is much better. It seems like it could be suprisingly powerful as well. Ok now for the updated list.

Reborn Warhost

HQ

Autarch, swooping hawk wings, banshee mask, fusion gun, Power sword 115

TROOPS

5 Kabalite warriors, Blaster, Venom, 2x Splinter Cannon 120

5 Kabalite warriors, Venom, 2x Splinter Cannon 105

FAST ATTACK

5 Warp spiders 95

LORD OF WAR

The Yncarne 275

YNNEAD'S NET

Warlock skyrunner 50

3 Windriders, scatter lasers 81

6 Reavers, 2 Blasters, 2 Cluster caltrops 146

Blades of fate 125

ASPECT HOST

2x 6 Swooping hawks, exarch 106
=212

ULTHWE STRIKE FORCE

Black guardian Vyper, starcannon, shruiken cannon 60

Black guardian war walker, 2x starcannon 75

3 Black guardian jetbikes, 3x shruiken cannon 90

10 Black guardians, shruiken cannon 125

TOTAL=1849

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 08:53:00 AM »
Looks a lot better IMHO :)
I'm a little worried about the Autarch though, is he going to join the hawks or the reavers or the spiders, what is your plan? Maybe he should have a skyrunner instead of wings?

I'm not convinced blasters are going to be that useful for the reavers, maybe a warp spider exarch would be more worthwhile?

Overall it's bit too shooty for my taste, another CC unit (in addition to the reavers) would have been nice, like swapping 1 unit of hawks for shining spears, I think the shining spears will actually start to shine (no pun intended) with soulburst, since they are versatile in a way that they can do plenty both in short ranged shooting and CC.

Offline Determinator

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 09:43:31 AM »
I'm a little worried about the Autarch though, is he going to join the hawks or the reavers or the spiders, what is your plan? Maybe he should have a skyrunner instead of wings?

I agree Autarch skyrunners are normally much better but I only have the model for the Autarch with wings so that's not really an option. I plan for him to go down with the swooping hawks hopefully out of LoS of the major threats and then charge in on his own.

I'm not convinced blasters are going to be that useful for the reavers, maybe a warp spider exarch would be more worthwhile?

I think blasters will be useful because otherwise they're going to be standing around for a turn. Maybe I could use the points to get a celestial lance? Or am I not allowed to take iyanden options?

I originally had shining spears but then when I took ynnead's net I switched them out for skyweavers who I think kind of fulfil the same role (and are probably better at it). Do you think it's worth taking them as well or are the skyweavers enough?

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 04:01:04 PM »
When I play hawks I usually deploy them out of sight on the table, that way, I never have to roll for them to arrive, while they are still subject to be fired upon by things that ignore LoS like barrages, it's not all that common where I play at least.
Also having them on the boards gives them the option to get a T1 assault, still not useless even though their haywires got nerfed, the Autarch will deny overwatch which is particularly usefull against Tau fire warriors.

Blasters are by no means useless on reavers, it's just that they get expensive for such a fragile unit, especially in addition to cluster caltrops.

The Shining spears have higher strength and are better against tanks and in shooting, but the Skyweavers have hit & run so they are hard to compare.
However we don't have to do that this time, since the Skyweavers are needed to complete that formation and I think you could do with only 1 unit of hawks, so I would compare Hawks vs Shining spears.
If you decide to take S.spears you could swap place with the W.spiders in the aspect host since I think the W.spiders would benefit more from a higher BS.

Offline Determinator

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 06:34:20 PM »
OK so here is the updated updated list.

Reborn Warhost

HQ

Autarch, swooping hawk wings, banshee mask, fusion gun, celestial lance 135

TROOPS

5 Kabalite warriors, Blaster, Venom, 2x Splinter Cannon 120

5 Kabalite warriors, Venom, 2x Splinter Cannon 105

FAST ATTACK

3 Shining spears, exarch, star lance 95

LORD OF WAR

The Yncarne 275

YNNEAD'S NET

Warlock skyrunner,singing spear 55

3 Windriders, 3 scatter lasers 81

6 Reavers, 2 Cluster caltrops 126

Blades of fate 125

ASPECT HOST

6 Swooping hawks, exarch 106

5 Warp spiders, exarch 105

ULTHWE STRIKE FORCE

Black guardian Vyper, 2x shruiken cannon 55

Black guardian war walker, 2x starcannon 75

3 Black guardian jetbikes, 3x shruiken cannon 90

10 Black guardians, shruiken cannon 125

TOTAL=1848

I always deploy swooping hawks on the board so they can skyleap. I tend to be very conservative with their deployment though. I'd rather not risk them dying, even though it may be the wrong decision. I'm too much of a coward 😣 to do otherwise ;)

I'm actually really liking this list. I'm testing it out on Sunday against tau. Let's hope it goes well 😓

Offline Determinator

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 01:14:30 PM »
OK so I played today and I...won  ;D

I was playing an MSU tau list with a retaliation cadre a y'vraha a piranha firestream wing and a drone net.

The list worked really well. Soulburst especially against such a msu list was amazing it allowed almost all of my units to shoot twice every turn.

The speed and versatility of the list really impressed me so I'm definitely going to play it again.

I will maybe drop some of the reavers, they'really quite vulnerable and with a big unit it's hard to keep them out of LoS.

I really like Yncarne, her ability to teleport is amazing it kept her in combat most of the game and take objectives at will.

I might change the vyper to a war walker and the jetbikes to another guardian squad (who were deadly on the turn they came in knocking 3 wounds of a riptide). The fact that the ulthwe strike force didn't have soulburst was really annoying though.

It did lack objective secured but the increase in firepower more than made up for that.

Overall very happy.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 07:40:05 PM »
Great to hear, and congratulations on your victory :D
Although a MSU list suits Ynnari quite well, lots of soulburst possibilities.

I can see why the reavers might seem threatening as they would have quite a large footprint.