News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Al Gore on SNL  (Read 395 times)

Offline Zim

• Who wants to give me a sponge-bath?
Al Gore on SNL
« on: December 12, 2002, 11:17:04 PM »
Al Gore will be hosting Saturday Night Live this weekend.  Does anyone thing he has a reasonable chance of taking the election in 2004?  More importantly, will he be funny on Saturday?

I hope he gets yelled at by Chris Matthews.  "You're all crazy!  YABBADA HABAA!!!"
I am the surprise in the midget pants!!!

Offline Lomendil

• Mad Prophet of Commorragh
  • Ancient
  • If it's comprehensible, it's obselete
Re:Al Gore on SNL
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 11:22:57 PM »
A great deal depends on Bush's handling of Iraq , North Korea and the 'War on Terrorism' , IMO . If Bush handles these well , and without too much cost , then he'll go into the 2004 elections very strong .

You never know , some kind of scandal may surface and ruin the reputation if the Republicans . I'd guess at Bush getting a second term though , he is seen as more decisive than Gore .

Offline SeerBrun

• Illustrator
    • Immortal Enemies
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2002, 03:58:36 AM »
I don't think Gore has much of a chance on 2004. He's not exactly a charismatic type and the whole sympathy vote thing probably went out the window after Sept 11th and the feeling that he'd probably be paralyzed with indecision (or at least not handle things as well as Bush). I wouldn't write the Dems out of 2004 (the Republicans have about the most anemic PR department I've ever seen), but I don't think Gore stands a chance against Bush.

Will he be funny on SNL? Are you kidding? No... and if he is, it won't be his fault.

cullyJR.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2002, 08:47:15 PM »
maybe they'll sell his skin at the leather shop.  they certainly wouldn't have to tan him.  who's the musical guest?  not Bubba...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2002, 08:47:42 PM by cullyJR. »