News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tau Army list: 1250pts  (Read 574 times)

Offline Adkjfhaskljdgflaksj

• With me, it's instant chummy.
Tau Army list: 1250pts
« on: February 24, 2004, 05:08:01 PM »
Well this is my Tau Army list. Please Criticize it. NOt to harsh ;D  :-\

HQ
1x Shas'o- PLasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, Shield generator, Hard-wired multi-tracker, Hard-Wired target lock, Hard-wired Drone controller and 2 shield drones.

1x Ethereal- Hard-wired drone controller, and 2 shield drones.

Elites
2x shas'ui- Plasma Rifle, Shield generator, Target lock
1x Shas'vre- Same as above

Troops
11x Shas'la- Pulse Rifles, Photon Grenades, bonded
1x Shas'ui- Pulse Rifle, Photon Grenades,

11x Shas'la- same as above
1x Shas'ui- same as above

11x Shas'la- same as above
1x Shas'ui- same as above

Fast attack
5x Gundrones

5x Gundrones

Heavy Support
1x Hammerhead- Railgun, 2 burst cannons, targeting array, Multi-tracker, Decoy launchers, Disruption Pod, target lock

Overall I believe it is 1238 (correct me if I'm wrong) pts. In all of it there is:     HQ: 254pts
                      Elites: 233 pts
                    Troops: 456 pts
             Fast Attack: 120pts
        Heavy Support: 175pts

Offline MonkeyGod

• The Youngin'
  • "...you dont know what i got in this fake suit..."
Re: Tau Army list: 1250pts
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 06:03:42 PM »
Drop the target lock on your shas'o, and on one of the XV8s.

Looks purdy solid, quite even and such. It should do well.
I'm Back!

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 06:14:46 PM »
Hmm. I was thinking of changing the gundrone squads too because they seem to end up getting shot at once and running away on their new leadership. And also what are some tactics I could use with this list? I have played a few games and usually It seems I don't have enough to shoot at the enemy. It looks like I have enough but it just doesn't seem to do the job? Is it my tactics or what?

Offline The Orange

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 07:05:03 PM »
Well heres my take on you list.
HQ: Drop the shild drones on both the shas'o and the ethereal.  The etherial should always be joined to a squad and so should not need them and your shas'o should also be joined to a squad so should not need them either, consider having him join one of your drone squads, then he'll get 5 extra wounds, the drones will  get the LD bonus, and they may even  pin a unit onece in a while.
Elites: Get more weapons on your XV8's, only having one PR on each is a waste of points, expecially since they only have BS 3, either twin-link them, or get another weapon on them (such as a missle pod) to increase their number of shots. You dont really need the Target locks as you should want to concentrate your fire on one squad at a time, and you shouldent need the Shiled genereator because they shoud be jumping in and out of cover.
Troops: Good solid core you got there, only think i can advise is to bond them all, with the ethereals reroll moral ability, the shas'ui team leaders, and bonding those troops should be able to provide a strong firing base during the whole game regardless if the squad gets reduced to 5 men or less.
Fast Attack: 5 drones is a bad number, drop one squad and beef up the other or your gonna have alot of points running off the table real quick, and as i said before consider joining a 4 drone squad (or more) to you Shas'o.
Heavy Support: There are alot of upgrades on your hammerhead, i think you should drop the disruption pod and target lock, because the chances that you'll be out of range of another heavy weapon is slim at best, and if you can fire off more then one weapon (i.e. not moving more then 6 inches) your not making full use of your Multi-tracker and Decoy launchers (which should help your HH last longer).
This all should free up alot of points for you, and with them you can get more Fire Warriors, and therefore more shots, or whatever else you want.

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 07:21:51 PM »
I seem to be up against Eldar and Dark eldar quite frequently so THe disruption pod can sometiems keep those lances and disinigrators out of range. I think I will drop the shield drones so then I will have 14 gundrones (which I will split into a 6 squad for my HQ and an 8 squad to go and cause some havoc) I believe I put that my units were bonded and If I didn't I meant too (including the battlesuits). I will also be attaching missle pods to the battle suits. Does anyone have any advice on tactics I could use?