News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tau and Eldar vs. DE battle report  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Aerundel

• My name is Oobedoob Benubi.
    • My BatRep
Tau and Eldar vs. DE battle report
« on: July 22, 2002, 04:03:18 AM »
My friend Mystic511 has posted a battle report posted on the Dark Eldar forum involving his DE army, my very new Tau army and a mutual friend's Eldar army.

http://www.eldaronline.com/community/index.php?board=2&action=display&threadid=11881&start=0

There's another link at the bottom of THAT page to Part 2, since it's pretty long. Please post comments on the Part 2 thread. The report is from the DE perspective, and I'll be posting a short commentary from my side on that thread.  :)

Hope you enjoy the read.

Offline Tycho

• BEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • My 40k Site (still lots to to be done)
Re:Tau and Eldar vs. DE battle report
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2002, 06:43:01 AM »
 dont you think that Tau and Eldar vs. DE is abit un fair
"The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!"

Offline Aerundel

• My name is Oobedoob Benubi.
    • My BatRep
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2002, 10:09:42 PM »
Tau + Eldar = 2000 w/ 1 HQ each
DE = 2000 w/ 2 HQs

The DE almost won, didn't you read the report? I thought it was pretty evenly matched.

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2002, 03:32:08 AM »
I didn't read the report yet, but it's always the problem with alliances that you can play your strenghts and the other army hides your weaknesses. Tau firepower with aspect warrior close combat ability is great. There is a good reason why Tau have only crappy Kroot to do close combat.

jwu

Offline Mystic511

• I *Love* EldarOnline! No, really, i do!
    • Personal Website
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2002, 03:06:42 PM »
It really was pretty even.  One of my requests as the DE player was that they deploy seperately, coherent with their own army.  This kept them from playing on their strengths, and actually helped me out alot, as I deployed my army pretty well to counter theirs.

Well, i wont' spoil the batrep if you haven't read it yet, but once you read it, it'll all make sense.