News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tervigon/Tyrranofex Model  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
Tervigon/Tyrranofex Model
« on: August 12, 2012, 01:14:37 PM »
Hey guys, I finally gave in and bought the new Tervigon/Tyrranofex model and putting my converted Fex on the shelf to collect dust. :-\

So, I plan to convert it so that it can be played as either a Tervigon or Tyrranofex, something I have the knack for to take it as either model when need be.  It's all about getting the most of my money when it comes to large purchases!  I have a few questions....

1.  Would you like to see a conversion tutorial thread?
2.  If its good enough, have it stickied as well as linked in my signature with my others. (whats appropriate here?)
3.  Is there an existing tutorial already that anyone knows of?

and most of all 4.  Will the hind legs support the model entirely?  This appears that it will be important for the conversion to be successful as the ST of the Tervigon seem to help hold it up.  This will also determine if I use magnets for the upper extremity slots/holes or use brass square tubing as I did on the mandibles of my Trygon/T.Prime.  (see signature link).

Thanks and look out for it soon, I will be doing a decent amount tonight.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:39:36 PM by Master Bio-Titan BT »

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline Tethesis

• Dreamers come and go, but the dream's forever
Re: Tervigon/Tyrranofex Model
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »
I've never seen the model in person myself, but the legs look quite resilient, and sisnce it's all plastic they shouldn't have any trouble holding up the whole thing.

As for the conversion, I recommend taking some pics along the way just in case, and you haven't said how you plan to make your conversion, or what you plan to do for that matter. But regardless, I recommend having fun with it and showing it here anyway, I love Tyranid MC conversions ^^

Eldar fight dirty! d(ºwº)b

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 09:42:05 PM »
As for the conversion, I recommend taking some pics along the way just in case, and you haven't said how you plan to make your conversion, or what you plan to do for that matter. But regardless, I recommend having fun with it and showing it here anyway, I love Tyranid MC conversions ^^

Of course pics will be taken.  I thought my question was clear, but I edited my OP to state that the model is to be converted to be fielded as either a Tervigon or Tyrranofex.

It will have pics and script to depict what to do of course, you can see my previous works in a link in my signature.

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 09:06:15 PM »
(Purposeful Double Post!)

Hey guys, since there is so much interest (sarcasm), I should have the completed "How to convert your Tervigon/Tyrranofex Model" tutorial up this weekend.  I have done most of the converting and picture taking.  Its just a matter of putting it all together now. 

It was previously said that the conversion can't be done "due to the abdominal sac being too large" (not sure who said that) but I will prove him wrong!

Stay posted!

Offline Tethesis

• Dreamers come and go, but the dream's forever
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 11:28:07 PM »
Proving people wrong is part of the fun of converting xD

Eldar fight dirty! d(ºwº)b

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 03:46:35 AM »
I've done this conversion. It works fine. The belly-sac does not get in the way, provided you don't go crazy on decorating the base. I magnetised it with just a pair of magnets glued into a glob of greenstuff either side, with the termagant bits attached to one side (I chose the left). The arms are straightforward magnetising, except you might want slightly stronger magnets than for, say, a carnifex as some are quite heavy.

Regarding the legs, the rear legs are stong enough to support the whole thing. I built mine with the scything talons detachable, and one front set of claws glued, as both the tervigon and tyrannofex use them, but the back legs will hold it on their own. If you are gluing the front claws, just be careful to make them wide enough to remove your magnetised belly-sac.

So the whole thing is fully interchangeable with one set of arm sockets, about 4 pairs of arms, the belly, and the two heads.

Just finished painting mine, in time to take it to the 40konline tournament.

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 04:13:41 PM »
It's coming together well, but not without a few snags, which I will report in the tutorial itself.  I haven't had as much time as I thought I was going to have to work on it.  I have already taken some photos and only have to work on the Scything Talons and should be done soon.  Might finish it tonight, maybe tomorrow.