News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 blood angels (night lords counts as)  (Read 422 times)

Offline Host of the Tumultuous Storm

• My name + Host of the Tumultous Storm(Night Lords)
    • Team Snake Eyes
2000 blood angels (night lords counts as)
« on: August 8, 2010, 07:37:41 PM »
Ok, heres how iv been running my list;  Keep in mind this is fluff based, and so far i've gotten a pretty decent fluff explanation for everything

Astorath the Grim
Captain w/ Lightning Claws, jump pack

2x;
10 Assault Marines, 1 melta, Dual Lightning Claws

3x;
10 Assault marines, Power Fist
Drop Pod

5 Devastators, 3 ML, 1 LC, Power Weapon

Predator, all LC

Furioso Dreadnought w/ Fear of the Darkness, Shackle Soul

So far i've been pretty succesful.  I wish i had more models to add more meltaguns in there, but i haven't really been missing out on anything too big.  The front line of drop pods generally screens the bigger harder hitting HQ units moving up, and if they don't die, a powerfist in the mech's face isn't a pretty thing.  I love having furious charge on half my army as well, and it has really worked nicely, but the furiouso hasn't really made his points value in over half the games, and he always dies to the first shot fired at him... really quite unlucky, actually.  But when he does do things, he makes back his value.  Causing 3 veteran squads to flee off the table in 3 turns, that was nice ;D

So does anyone have any suggestions? I've been considering dropping either the captain or the furioso for another dev team or just meltaguns in all the squads to be proxied, but im not sure quite yet

Offline Wuestenfux

• Veteran Force Commander
  • Ancient
  • Calculator of Off-Chances
Re: 2000 blood angels (night lords counts as)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 11:37:18 AM »
Well, the army consists of a mix between Assault squads and supporting units. I'd go a different route and replace the supporting units by more Jump Packers. Note that Honour Guard can have special weapons. Assault Sergeants need power fists, as fists are Dreadnought insurance.

Offline Host of the Tumultuous Storm

• My name + Host of the Tumultous Storm(Night Lords)
    • Team Snake Eyes
Re: 2000 blood angels (night lords counts as)
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:00:51 PM »
I thought the same, and i'll probably try it out at some point, but right now it's working for me that the drop pods (with the fists) get there first, and generally get the walkers into melee / shot down / destroyed by said melee before the lightning claw assault / IC squads get to the fray.  As it is i like getting furious charge on my lightning claws and annihilating squads before they can attack back, but i am inclined to try out fists on everyone, especially because i haven't played nids with this list yet