News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Soulburst  (Read 3779 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Soulburst
« Reply #20 on: April 3, 2017, 07:54:57 AM »
When I played Reborn Warhost with my harlequins, it wasn't a small boost of power. It was utterly game breaking how good soulburst was. It's incredible how good the rule is. Charging in your opponent's turn is amazingly good. So so good.

if the Shadow War leaks are any hint the nerf bat is certainly coming and will make Soulburst (if it survives the edition change) less overwhelming when paired with a CW army

Shadow wars is based on the Necromunda rules, which is based on 2nd edition. Shadow wars doesn't in any way represent what 8th edition will be.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #21 on: April 3, 2017, 04:13:15 PM »
@Irisado- Yes Irisado I do agree with you. While I didn't get a chance to play Epic, I've heard 7th takes a lot of cues from that game. I like the idea of it... but with the weapon profiles on the CW codex and spammability of hyper points efficient units, it just doesnt help the game. Totally agree with you.

@KS- Yeah I love what it does for Harlies... its just makes them ridiculous fast, and increase their offense exponentially. However because Harlies have dramatic built in weaknesses that CW Eldar dont have, I don't mind it from a game balance perspective. Do you think its too much as far as Harlies and DE go? I don't think its too much, but thats just me.

As for Shadow War... I was actually referencing the Movement stat and the weapon profiles. Could be wrong as far as it being a portent for the future... but GW certainly has a habit of telegraphing future moves with certain releases. Thinking specifically the stats on the distortion weaponry the Wraithguard are rocking.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #22 on: April 3, 2017, 06:24:46 PM »
@Irisado- Yes Irisado I do agree with you. While I didn't get a chance to play Epic, I've heard 7th takes a lot of cues from that game. I like the idea of it... but with the weapon profiles on the CW codex and spammability of hyper points efficient units, it just doesnt help the game. Totally agree with you.

@KS- Yeah I love what it does for Harlies... its just makes them ridiculous fast, and increase their offense exponentially. However because Harlies have dramatic built in weaknesses that CW Eldar dont have, I don't mind it from a game balance perspective. Do you think its too much as far as Harlies and DE go? I don't think its too much, but thats just me.

As for Shadow War... I was actually referencing the Movement stat and the weapon profiles. Could be wrong as far as it being a portent for the future... but GW certainly has a habit of telegraphing future moves with certain releases. Thinking specifically the stats on the distortion weaponry the Wraithguard are rocking.

Soulburst charging IMO is way more powerful then soulburst shooting. I think assault based armies get the most out of that rule.

Also, I wouldn't assume anything from Shadow Wars. It's basically a copy/paste of the Necromunda rules, which had movement stats and save modifiers. It's as much of a portent of 8th edition, as the Renegade Knight game is foreshadowing the future of Super Heavy rules.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria