News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 Boring Tourny Army  (Read 313 times)

Offline Polonius42

• I'm a llama!
1850 Boring Tourny Army
« on: April 16, 2004, 04:55:21 AM »
It's tournament time on Saturday, and after fliritng with bringing Mechanized or All infantry, I decided to field my boring old 1850 list.  All comments, critiques, flames welcome. 

Praetorian 37th Company B, “The Emperor’s Orphans”

HQ – 225 points, 6 pts. Wargear
Command Platoon

Heroic Senior Officer “Karyth Teel” with Iron Discipline,  Bolt Pistol and Power Weapon, Veteran w/ Company Standard, Veteran w/ Medi-pack, two Flamers.  115pts. – 6pts wargear

Anti-Tank Squad: 3 Lascannons,
110 points

Elites – 141 points, 5pts Wargear
Stormtroopers
10 Troopers, 2 with Meltaguns, Vet. Sarge “Sentgeorge”  w/ Power Weapon Deep Strike
141 Points, 5 Wargear

Troops – 998 points, 18 pts wargear
Grey Platoon
Junior Officer “Crazy Joe Grayson” w/ Iron Discipline, Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon; 4 flamers.  75 points, 6pts. Wargear

Blue Squad w/ Autocannon & Grenade Launcher  83 points
Green Squad w/ Autocannon & Grenade Launcher  83 points
Orange Squad w/ Autocannon & Grenade Launcher  83 points

Black Platoon
Junior officer “Lt. Scholdberg” w/ Iron Discipline, 4 Meltaguns 91 points, 6pts. Wargear

Blue Squad w/ Missile Launcher & Plasma Gun  85 points
Green Squad w/ Missile Launcher & Plasma Gun  85 points
Orange Squad w/ Missile Launcher & Plasma Gun  85 points

Armored Fist Green
Squad w/ Heavy Bolter & Flamer
Chimera “Mackenzie”, Multilaser, Hull Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launchers 

Armored Fist Blue
Squad w/ Heavy Bolter & Flamer
Chimera “Macdonald”, Multilaser, Hull Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launchers 

Fast Attack – 189 points, 5 pts. Wargear

Rough Riders
8 Rough Riders w/ Hunting Lances, Vet. Sarge “Muscat” w/ Power weapon  99, 5 WG

Sentinel W/ Multilaser

Sentinel W/ Multilaser

Heavy Support 296 points, 6 points Wargear
Leman Russ Battle Tank
LRBT, Hull mounted Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launchers   

Leman Russ Battle Tank
LRBT, Hull mounted Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launchers   

Army total: 1850 points
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 05:09:43 AM by Polonius42 »

Offline Polonius42

• I'm a llama!
Re: 1850 Boring Tourny Army
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 05:07:09 AM »
Doctrines:
Rough Riders
Stormtroopers
Close Order Drill
Iron Discipline
Drop Troops

In my haste, I failed to describe my battle plan.  It's pretty simple.  Form the infantry core into a SAFH fortress situation, with the Armored Fists ready to dash for quarters or objectives.  During VP mission, the AF squads get on the firing line, and the Chimeras hang out shooting what's available. 

The LRBT provide basic fire support, but are also great for claiming quarters, a role that most opponents do not expect.  after all, it's cheap for an AV14 model.

The Stormtroopers prime target is indirect fire, but may deploy on the line if I fear a quick assault.  They are a unit that if they accomplish nothing but sit in a forest all game to claim it, I'm happy.

MY HQ is there to provide leadership, with a very minor countercharge ability tossed in.  Iv'e kept the squad cheap to minimize the losses of a lucky Whirlwind round, while keeping a strong bubble of leadership.  The anti-tank squad does exactly what you'd expect.... Kill tanks.

The platoons are the bulk of the army, and provide a fine base of fire.  Autocannons pick off transports, Missle/plasmas attack power armor, it's a beautiful system. 

My beloved Rough Riders are my stud counter charge unit.  They're job is to beat the living lymph out of any enemy squad that tries to crash my lines.

My major worry right now is that two LRBTs isn't as useful as I may think.  I may replace them with a Griffon, make the Stormtroopers Grenadiers, and drop a second Grenadier squad with triple plasma, and twnety Conscripts w/flamers.  The sheer brute force of the LRBT is fun, for psychology if nothing else, but the Griffon, Grenadiers, and Conscripts may be a touch sronger, and possibly even fulffier.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 05:13:44 AM by Polonius42 »