News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Returning to the EldarOnline  (Read 2114 times)

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
Returning to the EldarOnline
« on: June 11, 2017, 11:58:24 AM »
Hi everyone! :)

I'm back to the Eldar forum after what, 6-7 years? Not sure if many people still remember me, but I was an active member of Eldar community here back in the days of 5th edition - and even participated in some heated discussions on the Eldar Redux.
Craftworld Eldar have always (since year 2001 or so) been, and still are, the only 40k army that I truly love and enjoy. Despite my best attempts I never quite managed to force myself to play any other armies - all that I tried just feel too bland and mundane :) But, however great my love of the Eldar is, by the end of 5th I got fed up with endlessly fighting uphill battles and took a break; and when the 6th edition codex hit us I was so frustrated by it that I almost left 40k completely.
It was the glory of the 7th edition codex that brought me back :) I didn't show up on any forums however because the codex was so good and solid and all best builds and tactics so obvious that there was really nothing to discuss.

But now a shadow is once again upon us, and all good Eldar players once again need to put their heads together to steer the Craftworlds through the turbulent waters of the new edition, and every good idea is valuable as the new Eldar rules are but a shadow of their recent glory.

Seriously though, this place has always been great for finding and sharing tactical and list-building ideas, and I already feel that these would likely be sorely needed and sought for in the upcoming months. That's why I'm back :)
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Returning to the EldarOnline
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 12:05:21 PM »
Welcome back :).  I remember you.  It doesn't feel as though it has been so long, but it has.

There are certainly a lot of new challenges and options to discuss with this edition.  I'm sure that there will be plenty of debates to get involved in.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline LiRM35M4419

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 06:39:02 PM »
I am also returning after a long absence (10 years or so). Looking forward to starting from scratch, both here and collecting the minis.  We will see if my eyes are up to doing decent painting or not.

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 11:47:45 PM »
Woot - Woot! Loving seeing people coming back to the hobby!

I also have started to really invest in it again, and am stocked over 8th changes. Finally dabbling more into the Eldar side of things now too
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 08:03:27 AM »
Welcome back to the hobby. You've come back at an exciting time in the history of the hobby and to an excellent community.

Offline admironheart

• later
  • Armies: Eldar,Exodites,Harlequins.Squats,Dark Eldar&BA
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 09:43:06 AM »
Glad your back and running....saw some of your miniature postings since....very impressive.

Even though I was not active for very long I noticed that you joined this site just days after I did. I have just returned to the hobby after  15 years.  We are the old timers from when yahoo groups and email boards were the way. Eldar Online  was just the newest thing back then. 

Do you remember my pal Rasmus?
"Battles are decided by slaughter and maneuver.  The greater the general, the more he contributes in manuever, the less he demands in slaughter"...Winston Churchill