News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 'First' list (1,000pts)  (Read 1769 times)

Offline EightyEight

• The Santa hat is here to stay.
'First' list (1,000pts)
« on: July 14, 2010, 09:32:31 PM »
So I've been out of the hobby for quite a while, and I'm just getting back to work on my Tau. With a sort of bewildered surprise, I discovered that without upgrades, I have near on 1,300 points, but for the next games night I'm restricting myself to 1,000 as a good starting point.

The list is below. It's quite restricted by the models I have available, but I do have a few options. I wanted to go with something markerlight-heavy, since they're quite a unique part of the Tau. Also because I think the Sky Ray is fantastic as a concept and a model. Also, I like monat suits (partly for fluff and/or coolness reasons). I like having flexibility, and not having to worry about target locks (though as the list expands up to 1,500 it'll probably be necessary to make squads of 2 at least).

At the moment, I think my next acquisitions should be a Broadside or two, more Stealth suits, and personally I'd like to get two sniper drone teams.

Anyway, without further ado:

HQ

XV8 Fireknife Shas'O - 132
Missile pod , plasma rifle and shield generator, and hard-wired multi-tracker
This unit is much more expensive than it could be. Mostly I'm a fan of strong characters, whether they're points-effective or not. In choosing between 'el and 'O, the extra BS was a big factor.
Role: all-round support from the rear.

ELITES

XV8 Cloudburst Shas'vre - 72
Twin-linked burst cannon, AFP, hard-wired multi-tracker
Another slightly cool-factor-induced choice, but good for crowd control.
Role: horde suppression.

XV8 Soulburn Shas'ui - 69
Team leader with plasma rifle, flamer, targeting array and hard-wired multi-tracker
This was originally a Fireknife when my 'O was a Deathrain. When I finally decided that the TL MP wasn't worth it (especially with the high BS of the 'O), I realised I now had two Fireknives, and didn't want that. Looking at the Crisis parts I had left over, I was going to go with TL PRs, but only have one left over :P. So we're left with somewhat a confused configuration. Fusion blaster is a possibility - I don't like the idea of the suicide Sunforge, but I might go with that in the end.
Role: close support for Fire Warriors?

Stealth team - 90
3x Shas'ui
3 of them is all I've got!
Role: infiltrate and pester enemy advances.

TROOPS

Fire Warrior team - 120
8x with pulse rifles, Shas'ui with marker drone
Two identical squads of 8 seems a solid core, though I'd like to expand on them. Another box or two of FWs should round out my troops section in the long run - I'd like to have two big squads with marker drones, eventually. Anyway, focusing on the present: I'll probably keep the FW squads stationary to make use of the marker drones.
Role: firebase, markerlighting.

Fire Warrior team - 120

Fire Warrior team - 70
6x with pulse carbines, Shas'ui
This is an odd squad, existing mostly because I dearly love pulse carbines. I envision it acting as close-ranged support for the other two squads, or advancing towards the enemy to make use of their shorter-ranged weapons. Another option is to use them as counts-as Pathfinders, though that means taking another Devilfish :P.
Role: 'assault' and close support for other FW squads.

FAST ATTACK

Pathfinder team - 162
6x, Shas'ui, Devilfish
The main concentration of markerlights in the force.
Role: markerlights.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Sky Ray - 150
Smart missile system, disruption pods
Again, I love the Sky Ray. The SMS is there to give it some additional firepower while keeping out of sight. The disruption pods should make it quite tough, and are partly there to make the vehicle cost an even 150 - the same as the Hammerhead config I might sub in.
Role: fire support.

Total: 985

So that's what I've got in mind so far. The spare 15 points will probably go to bonding knives, unless I find a better option.

Like I mentioned, I've got quite a few options and things I'm not certain about. One is a lot of spare gun drones. I like the idea of a drone squad to harry the enemy. However, could that be accomplished by using the small squads that dismount from vehicles? The second is that I have three Piranhas. I like the idea of Piranhas carrying seeker missiles, but obviously can't fit them into the points limit at the moment. Two of them with two missiles each could substitute for the Sky Ray - that's more mobile firepower, but less of it. And my third dilemma is the Hammerhead. With a railgun (the only option for me! :P) and burst cannons, it can substitute for the Sky Ray perfectly points-wise. However, that may mean some markerlights go to relative waste.

Thoughts? Thanks for reading :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:43:24 PM by EightyEight »
Are we as offensive as we might be?

Offline SwampyTurtle

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Death is no respite from War"
    • Behind the lines gaming blog
  • Armies: Tau (Jar'kai Sept);Tanith 1st;Phantine Skyborne IG
Re: 'First' list (1,000pts)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 12:05:12 AM »
This unit is much more expensive than it could be. Mostly I'm a fan of strong characters, whether they're points-effective or not. In choosing between 'el and 'O, the extra BS was a big factor.

havent done one of these in a while so i thought i show my tau brethern some love.  Now you say that you got only limited models but i honestly would recommand a shield drone for the Shas'O over the Shield gen. Add in a hard wired drone controler and 2x shield drones makes for a very handy (and hard to kill) character. The weapon layout seems ok, though not usually one i take myself prefering the CIB / PR combo over the MP.  However this is totally up to you and MP / PR works really well for general support.

Nice for horde hunting but overall effectiveness? not so much....I tired this out a few weeks ago on a 'ard boyz tourny list. Did very little and had to get too close to the Las Cannons in order to hit. If you were facing orks or nids, the story maybe alittle differnt. Again use at your own choice. The shas'vre upgrade is in itself meaning less. I would take a teamleader upgrade instead and save a few points for else where.

Team leader with plasma rifle, flamer, targeting array and hard-wired multi-tracker
This was originally a Fireknife when my 'O was a Deathrain. When I finally decided that the TL MP wasn't worth it (especially with the high BS of the 'O), I realised I now had two Fireknives, and didn't want that. Looking at the Crisis parts I had left over, I was going to go with TL PRs, but only have one left over . So we're left with somewhat a confused configuration. Fusion blaster is a possibility - I don't like the idea of the suicide Sunforge, but I might go with that in the end.

Too confused on its roles here,  I  would say that it should take ethier a support role for range or close and then pick a way to do it. Right now, its doing neither of these jobs.  I would suggest a TL flamer, or preharps a twin linked Fusion with a plasma , which is a beast at termi hunting.  Otherwise i dont think your gonna get much work out of this suit.

Stealth team - 90
3x Shas'ui

Use what you got and pray it does its job :o

Fire Warrior team - 120
Two identical squads of 8 seems a solid core, though I'd like to expand on them. Another box or two of FWs should round out my troops section in the long run - I'd like to have two big squads with marker drones, eventually. Anyway, focusing on the present: I'll probably keep the FW squads stationary to make use of the marker drones.

Fire Warrior team - 120

Fire Warrior team - 70
This is an odd squad, existing mostly because I dearly love pulse carbines. I envision it acting as close-ranged support for the other two squads, or advancing towards the enemy to make use of their shorter-ranged weapons. Another option is to use them as counts-as Pathfinders, though that means taking another Devilfish .

See these troops? Dead without a devilfish. Tau in 5th edition arent gonna last long without a backup plan. The days of 4th were the gunline was king are  gone :'(  but i think we can adapt and over come. The marker drone is worthless on the shas'ui. Preharps move it to the suits with their USR so that they can use it?  If you desire to be firing off markerlights then take a Multi-tracker for each shas'ui. personally i perfect Option #1 as it allows more tatical flexability.

6x, Shas'ui, Devilfish
Role: markerlights

Better hide them well, otherwise they will be targeted out turn #1. Still a solid unit for the finders. As for the fish, Disruption pods + Multi trackers and missile pods are a must for a warfish!  re-read the rules for the pod and you'll understand why...

Sky Ray - 150
Again, I love the Sky Ray. The SMS is there to give it some additional firepower while keeping out of sight. The disruption pods should make it quite tough, and are partly there to make the vehicle cost an even 150 - the same as the Hammerhead config I might sub in.

I'd take the HH, Marker lights are nice and all but they dont always come thru for you and dont get me started on seeker missiles.  take the HH, you'll be happier you did.

Drones: Not worth the points, not worth the unit....use the freebies off the fish
Piranhas: Dont use them (but i want to)  so i cant help you too much here. I said for what its worth, ive seen Piranhas do more then i though possible alot of the time. Great little fish we have...

Record:                                    W/L/D
Jar'kia Sept:                                  5/6/3
Tanith 1st:                                    2/0/2

my blog:  Behind the Lines gaming

Offline Kaiizen

• Best Painted Fire Warriors
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 12:57:31 AM »
The shas'vre upgrade is in itself meaning less. I would take a teamleader upgrade instead and save a few points for else where.

Actually in order to take the The AFP he has to have the Shas'vre. Team leaders can't take special issue wargear.

Personally though if you're going to throw a suit to the wolves, such as it is, I'd prefer TL-flamers over the burst cannon. Statistically flamers will cause more damage, even against MeQ's. It'll also be cheaper for what is essentially going to be a suicide unit.

It's a little out of my element either way though as I don't see our elites as expendable.

HQ

For a 1000 point match it's just hard to sell the Shas'O. He gives you a bunch of situational stats that won't amount to much. You'll want to pinch points anywhere you can at this point level, but if you're set on him then drop the shield gen and add shield drones instead.

This was originally a Fireknife when my 'O was a Deathrain. When I finally decided that the TL MP wasn't worth it (especially with the high BS of the 'O), I realised I now had two Fireknives, and didn't want that. Looking at the Crisis parts I had left over, I was going to go with TL PRs, but only have one left over :P. So we're left with somewhat a confused configuration. Fusion blaster is a possibility - I don't like the idea of the suicide Sunforge, but I might go with that in the end.

I cannot praise helios suits enough, but if you're going to take them then you'll do you best work in teams of 2 or 3. 1 suit just isn't going to cut it.

My only other bit of advice has already been stated. Drop the marker drones, they are more than worthless in a firewarrior team. They are questionably useful on battlesuit and stealth teams, but you have more than enough markerlights for a 1000 point match. In fact, it might be best if you drop the pathfinders entirely below 1500 points. They end up diluting your firepower without giving you a cost effective return.

You don't have to mount all of your firewarrior teams, in fact in a lot of ways it's detrimental. They're expensive and they're really going to hinder your firepower at 1000 points. I think for this match 2 devilfish would be more than enough, with one caveat. I recommend minimum squads of firewarriors, 4 6 man teams should do well. The reasoning is fairly straight forward, the 2 mounted teams can claim objectives out of arms reach while the other 2 attempt to claim a homefield objective and lay a little support fire. The reason I prefer multiple minimum squads is to limit the damage an opponent can cause in a single turn or during an assault. Due in no small part to the metagame, small squads are also less threatening to an opponent and can cause them to be overlooked in favor of larger or more dangerous units.

Offline EightyEight

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 02:06:07 AM »
Now you say that you got only limited models but i honestly would recommand a shield drone for the Shas'O over the Shield gen.
For a 1000 point match it's just hard to sell the Shas'O. He gives you a bunch of situational stats that won't amount to much. You'll want to pinch points anywhere you can at this point level, but if you're set on him then drop the shield gen and add shield drones instead.
I've actually been looking for an excuse to convert some shield drones :P. I guess I'd be fine enough dropping the 'O to an 'el, at least in 1,000 points. Maybe TL the missile pod, since I really do enjoy when it hits :P. Targeting array is another option, but I might just keep it minimal.

See these troops? Dead without a devilfish. Tau in 5th edition arent gonna last long without a backup plan. The days of 4th were the gunline was king are  gone :'(
Okay, I'm gonna plan to be more mobile. I figure I'll drop the pathfinders altogether, and give the larger FW squads Devilfishes.

I'd take the HH, Marker lights are nice and all but they dont always come thru for you and dont get me started on seeker missiles.
Disadvantages? I reckon they're awesome, but that's without actually having played a game in a very long time :P. Either way, I think I will go with the HH for now, at least until I find my feet.

It's a little out of my element either way though as I don't see our elites as expendable.
I agree - I didn't see the Cloudburst as a suicide unit, just one that would require a lot of attention and care :P. It can theoretically stay out of assault range of most things while still within weapons range, unlike a configuration with a fusion blaster (which requires being very close and personal).

I cannot praise helios suits enough, but if you're going to take them then you'll do you best work in teams of 2 or 3. 1 suit just isn't going to cut it.
I may drop this suit if I can't find anything for it to do - or maybe convert a dodgy 'counts-as' TL PR.

Marker drones on the Stealth suits? I'm going to say probably not (for the price), since the stealth suits will want to be pretty mobile...

If I drop the pathfinders, I can use them as another FW squad with carbines, which I actually like the sound of.

EDIT: I may make that indecisive Crisis suit a Forgefire - MP, FB and multi-tracker (maybe targeting array would be more useful).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:19:31 AM by EightyEight »

Offline Kaiizen

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 05:07:49 PM »
Marker drones are actually best attached to a stealth team, it may in fact be the only time when it's worthwhile to take a marker drone. The reason being is that a drone takes on the characteristics of the model they accompany, giving markerlights in a stealth team the Relentless special rule. That means they can move full distance and still fire the markerlight.

At 30 points a model though it's still a hard sell. For the same cost you can have a model that actually shoots And won't be removed due to wound wrap accidentally killing the Drone Controller.

Offline EightyEight

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 09:39:53 PM »
Ahh, that's a 5th ed thing I hadn't managed to cotton on to :P. If I'm reading this right, this effect doesn't apply to marker drones attached to Broadsides or Crisis suits? Since their Codex entries specifically state that their abilities don't apply to heavy weapons, overriding the USR. Curiously, this isn't in the 5th ed FAQ I found :P.

At 30 points a model though it's still a hard sell. For the same cost you can have a model that actually shoots And won't be removed due to wound wrap accidentally killing the Drone Controller.
Since all the suits have to take a support system, each of them could control one drone, minimising the losses somewhat. I don't know whether the cost is worth it - but considering you get stealth-fielded markerlights which can move and fire at a decent BS, I'd be quite attracted to the option. Certainly brings a different sort of value to the unit than more stealth suits.

Offline Kaiizen

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 10:17:33 PM »
Drones take the unit type of the the unit they are assigned to. They do not become XV 8's or stealth suits, they merely become 'infantry' or 'jump infantry' meaning that they get relentless just like any other suit. It specifically states which units cannot move and fire heavy weapons and which can.

Offline SwampyTurtle

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 10:32:37 PM »
relentless is a beast of a rule, running around the table with mobile markerlights and suits is one of my key stones of playing here at my local meta. It alone has helped me soooo many times when i though i was a dead tau commander. Pathfinders usually do VERY little for me but thats because they fall so fast due to people targeting them over the suits. People know pathfinders are carrying the lights. Not all know that we have a backup if Plan A fails us.  ;)

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 05:46:26 AM »
Hmm, at 1000pts you really have to be carefuly about how much you invest in "support" and how much you invest in "killiness". What this means is that you have to try anhd strike the balance between number of markerlights and number of units (read guns) to take advantage of them. Too many markerlights and you won't have enough guns to capitalise!

It doesn't quite work the other way around though, as too many guns and you still get yourself lots of guns! hehe!

At low points limits like this, you probably want to have more emphasis on guns than on markerlights. Still, as you are expressing a keen interest in building a markerlight network lets look to see how we can make this as workable as possible.

HQ

I don't particularly like expensive characters... 132 points can get you a lot of guns after all... and when considering a markerlight network the guns are whatr you need to take advantage of the lights... For only a few points more, you COULD take a fireknife commander and a bodyguard suit (a cheap one like a Deathrain for instance). The bodyguard not only provides firepower, but effectively acts as ablative wounds for the comander! hehe!

Alternatively, you could consider taking a unit of gun drones as a fast attack, and then join the commander - can be risky, but is also lots of fun... and importantly, it gives you a big UNIT to take advantage of markerlight hits.

ELITES

although way off the cuff i must say i do quite like this suit! yes, it does have a degree of cool factor, and i would say that he is kitted out pretty well. as you HAVE to have a shas'vre for the AFP, you might as well make use of the other bonuses, such as using HW kit. Well done.

You could also consider swapping the twin bursts for a burst and a flamer... TRUE horde control! and the choice of 2 out of your three weapons each turn.

This suit is definatley less successful... for a number of reasons. firstly, you are right, the weapon combi isnt great (especially as the target array is a waste on the flamer, and also because the flamer and plasma arent well suited). You might well be better served with a plasma-fusion, or a plasma-burst. (probably fusion for anti tank help).

My main concern though, is the Targeting array. With all those markerlights, i'd hope that you could do without it completely, if you need better BS, then make use of those lights!

Stealth team - 90
3x Shas'ui

its a shame you only have three... still, as they are they can form a pretty good annoyance unit. when used in larger squads (5-6) they become monsters as they can all take advantage of markerlight hits making giving them tons of quality shots.

TROOPS

Fire Warrior team - 120

Fire Warrior team - 120

hmm... tough one here. I think again you are missing a slight trick. markerlights are best used by large squads. that way the one hit, can (for eg) increase the BS of more models... improving a greater number of shots. by using smaller units you are actually making the markerlights less effective. I would suggest that, because you have markerlights elsewhere, you should probably look to dropping these ones - and packing out the units a little more, or divert points to other options.

Fire Warrior team - 70
This is an odd squad, existing mostly because I dearly love pulse carbines. I envision it acting as close-ranged support for the other two squads, or advancing towards the enemy to make use of their shorter-ranged weapons. Another option is to use them as counts-as Pathfinders, though that means taking another Devilfish :P.

This is an interesting unit. good for close support of other elements, and as a speed bump against fast enemy assaulters.

You may also want to consider a  unit of kroot.

FAST ATTACK

Pathfinder team - 162
6x, Shas'ui, Devilfish
Role: markerlights.

nice and simple, but a good way of getting markerlights on the board - because of this unit, i'd definatley recommend dropping those marker drones. these guys should provide you with all your markerlighting needs. the rest of your units should be geared to take advantage of the hits and destroy one unit each turn.

I would again second the point that a unit of kroot could be useful. a unit of ten is quite cheap, but they can jump into the devilfish and do kroot of fury attacks! the biggest arguement against kroot for this force is that they can't use markerlights themselves.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Sky Ray - 150

I love them too! but don't forget the target array here - as hitting on 3+ is much better than hitting on 4+!!!

my main concern is that you are putting too many markerlights in and do not have enough of the right type of unit to really capitalise on them. The pathfidners and sky ray should be more than enough of a markerlight network at 1000pts... its probably enough markerlights for your full force!

If you keep BOTH of those markerlight support units then the rest of your army needs to be ruthlessly picked to make use of those lights as best as they can.

you want lots of shots... LOTS... and you want to try and avoid really small units (and individual XV8s, as its a less effective use of the lights.

A lot to think about...

Offline EightyEight

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 09:20:17 PM »
A lot to think about indeed....

With respect to both sets of feedback, I think I'm going to split this into two lists which I will alternate depending on opponent and mood :P. One straight-shooting mobile list, and one markerlight list. Maybe fitting nicely into the doctrines of mont'ka and kauyon respectively?

1,000 points Shooty

HQ

Fireknife Shas'el - 93
TL missile pod, plasma rifle, HW multi-tracker
Cheapened this guy down. I originally went with shield drones as suggested, but decided to just swap that out and get more guns on the table for this list :P.

ELITES

Cloudburst Shas'vre - 72
TL burst cannon, AFP, HW multi-tracker
Flamer is also a possibility here. It costs the same either way, so I'll probably go with it.

Forgefire Shas'ui - 54
Fusion blaster, missile pod, multi-tracker
So FB/MP seemed an interesting combo. Able to harass light vehicles and small units while trying to get close - and cheap enough to maybe risk deepstriking.

Stealth team - 135
3x Shas'ui with drone controllers, 3x gun drones
In the end, I had points left over, so I decided to add to the shootiness with drones in lieu of having more actual stealth suits :P. Plus, pinning. Though majority toughness/save may become an issue?

TROOPS

Fire Warrior team - 169
8x Shas'la with pulse rifles, Devilfish with disruption pods

Fire Warrior team - 169
8x Shas'la with pulse rifles, Devilfish with disruption pods

Fire Warrior team - 60
6x Shas'la with pulse carbines

Fire Warrior team - 60
6x Shas'la with pulse carbines

HEAVY SUPPORT

Hammerhead gunship - 155
Railgun, burst cannons, disruption pods

Total: 959

That leaves me with 41 points to spend - not sure where I should put them. I could bring back the commander's shield drones, I guess :P. The Hammerhead could be tooled up some more, or I could add the Shas'uis back into the FW squads. Another possibility is grenades for the carbine squads. Photon grenades would be nice for slowing an assault, and EMP for combat-oriented vehicles that may get to my lines (had a Furioso charge me yesterday... the carbine squad actually lasted three turns, but couldn't do a thing to strike back!). I'm also tickled by the idea of a multi-tracker on the Hammerhead.

And, the other leg of the trousers:

1,000 Markerlighty

HQ

Fireknife Shas'el - 102
Missile pod, plasma rifle, multi-tracker, HW drone controller with shield drone

Shas'vre bodyguard - 64
1x with fusion blaster, missile pod, multi-tracker
These two suits together can put out 4 missiles a turn, as well as plasma shots and fusion shots as the enemy closes. As oink suggested, I put them together to get the most use of markerlight hits. Shield drone adds a little more ablation to the unit.

ELITES

Stealth team - 90
3x
This unit could be very annoying with enough markerlight hits :P.

The Cloudburst is gone - I felt he didn't fit well enough with the theme of the army. The weapon selection it has doesn't make the best use of markerlight hits, and I wanted to spend points elsewhere.

TROOPS

Fire Warrior team - 80
8x Shas'la with pulse rifles

Fire Warrior team - 80
8x Shas'la with pulse rifles

FAST ATTACK

Pathfinder team - 152
6x Shas'la, Devilfish

Pathfinder team - 152
6x Shas'la, Devilfish
TWO finder teams in 1000 points?? I think I might be crazy, but I believe it's justified. For a start, I probably would have taken a 6-man FW team if I hadn't had the second squad of finders, and at 2 points more for the finders, the difference is small enough. Second, I wanted the Devilfishes for the FWs - with only two troops choices, they need to be able to grab objectives as much as possible (and, I guess, survive :P). Third, I want my Sky Ray in cover as much as possible, where it won't be able to make use of its own markerlights effectively. Fourth, redundancy.
Now, it's you guys' job to convince me I actually am crazy :P.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Sky Ray gunship - 150
No targeting array - I'll rely on markerlight hits. Also, I was squeezed for points :P.

Hammerhead gunship - 130
Ion cannon, burst cannons, multi-tracker, disruption pods
Yes, I went for both of them :P. I may be overextending myself, since I don't actually have 4 chassis yet - so maybe going for Piranhas will serve me better in the short term. (Also, they could have fusion blasters - good fun.) But I did like the idea of being able to fire 9 shots on the move, hopefully with some nasty cover modifiers.

Total: 1,000

So even looking back now, the above list seems pretty bananas. I'd love to try it out to see how it went, almost for novelty value :P. I'm sure it could do some very nasty things to a lot of enemies, but may be something of a one-trick pony (the key vulnerability I can see is lack of anti-tank power). But I would find it more interesting to play, that's for sure!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 11:30:58 PM by EightyEight »

Offline SwampyTurtle

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 09:44:39 AM »
I like the second list better, Seems more inline with a style that i would see as "working" over the the first list where you might encounter alot of unseen problems or issues. This is not to say however that it wouldnt work. Just that your pumping alot of points into drones that may not live to get thier shots off. If you want markerlights then 2 pathfinders squads cant be wrong, (add in the skyray for extra incentive)   Im a Mont'ka commander in every sense of the form. Hammer the enemy till he cant fight back.  Destory his incentive to fight.  I  feel this second list will be a real interesting one to run. Maybe not the way i would do it certainlly but this is your list and I think you would get the mileage  (and points) out of it in the end.