News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Flag Burning: Freedom of Expression or Civil Disobedience  (Read 4487 times)

Offline Captain Hajime

• 1st Regiment Fuji System
    • Captain Hajime's Warhammer Web site
Re: Flag Burning: Freedom of Expression or Civil Disobedience
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2005, 10:22:55 AM »
I agree with Rasmus. Also I ask you, how much blood is one such as yourself willing to spill/expend to ensure that everybody agrees and coexists cooperatively? Honestly dude.
  None. As long as it has to be forced it cannot work or be susteined. Only through conscious unified effort can this world be remade. I can just do my part, not force someone else to.
Now that is the right attuide! It seems to me that so many dreaming of a great and peaceful future seem to lose sight of this in there bold future.

As for Flag burning, as a Personal choice I would ban it if I had the power to do so, however in the current society I live in [Canada] such a law would not stand for long in court.
"Men from different wordls, with different views, bound together by loyality to the Emperor. This is what we have become." Captain Hajime
"I have remembered, I do remember, I will always remember."
Imperial Guard, Space marines and Ork Collector.
First Fuji Regiment W: 0 L:     2 D: 4
Tenno No Samurai W: 1 l: 5 D: 7

Offline faithlessmonkeigh

• Dracon. Nope, no more title shenanigans.
  • let me!! judge you!!
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2005, 05:08:14 PM »
In my country it is illegal - but i think it is tied back to the colonial days - no one cares much about the law now.
i do know that some guy was prosecuted a while back though for it.
i think the case fell on its face, so it probably doesn't really count over here.

I would never do it to my countries flag - it would be saying that i denounce and hate everything about my country, and i love my country very much - i think that burning another nations flag is a very very strong statment to make and i wouldn't burn the flags of many nations - maybe zimbabwe's or something.
But not like the US's or like China's or anything - to do it i think you have to really say : i hate these people or what is happening over there, and i denounce their culture and way of life.

nuff said form me

fifififaithless

...Aaaaaaaand you completely missed the point of the topic.  Thanks.
-Kyure -

Offline Abraxas

• You do not speak for the rest...
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2005, 04:02:29 PM »
In my country it is illegal - but i think it is tied back to the colonial days - no one cares much about the law now.
i do know that some guy was prosecuted a while back though for it.
i think the case fell on its face, so it probably doesn't really count over here.

I would never do it to my countries flag - it would be saying that i denounce and hate everything about my country, and i love my country very much - i think that burning another nations flag is a very very strong statment to make and i wouldn't burn the flags of many nations - maybe zimbabwe's or something.
But not like the US's or like China's or anything - to do it i think you have to really say : i hate these people or what is happening over there, and i denounce their culture and way of life.

nuff said form me

fifififaithless

Thank you for bring us back on topic.

I want to metion that this has slightly skewed into another tangent of conversation (granted... I am to blame) so I would like to steer us back on topic, if at all possible.

Thank you.
The avalanche has started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Ambassador Kosh

The universe is driven by the complex interaction between three ingredients: matter, energy, and enlightened self-interest.
Ambassador G'Kar