News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: To all those who take this place seriously  (Read 14402 times)

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Small, Green & Spammish: Now with Extra Alcololz
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's the damn festive cheer?
    • Original Writings
To all those who take this place seriously
« on: November 9, 2005, 05:28:11 PM »
Hi there. I'm your local nutcase and general annoying person and today I will be instructing you on how to use this fine *cough* board.

Ok, so maybe not quite, but I all honesty some people round here should learn how to relax and enjoy themelves.

I am more specifically referring to the Black Dragon, BBQ Pit and Swiper's Shack. To me they're all pretty stupid and aren't to be taken particularly seriously. However rather a lot of people seem to care so deeply about these things it astounds me.

Yeah, so maybe I went too far relieving myself in the fridge of the Black Dragon but the whole point of this exercise is to have fun and have something to do is it not?

What exactly is it you want from these places? Do you want a down to earth roll play just sitting around drinking and grumbling about the other places? Do you want pathetic arguments with the odd person and maybe an ill planned war that will wither and die like the last one? If so then just carry on the way you are going. That or take yourself over to The RP Board. There you will find many violent wars and no little wretches trying to have fun and a few laughs.

Alternatively we can actually be friends (though not necessarily in-game), have a fun time and actually do more than grumble and plot. How about some interaction? How about some real character building? How about some games? How about less god-modding? How about some real RPing and less of the boring limited actions? The suggestions could go on and on...

So basically I don't want this place being filled with spam (hypocritical I know). I don't want it filled with flame (not quite so hypocritical). I want it filled with people having a good time and getting along. Even if that involves making fun out of eachother ;) Just stop acting so violently to anything that is in the least bit provoking. please?

That's right folks, ectoplasm, the force which keeps the sun orbiting around me. Learn it well.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
Re: To all those who take this place seriously
« Reply #1 on: November 9, 2005, 06:08:39 PM »
Well said.

~MTWC
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline BladeWind

• Infinity Circuit, Iconic Wizard
  • ~BW~
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 11:27:30 AM »
I gotta agree with you there, i do have a life involving studies etc. why else would people join the taverns etc. with no intention of having fun?

I was a bit serious back then as it was like my first ever attempt at RPing, but now I'm much preferring relaxing etc. The reason i RPed some cannons and defense systems into the BD Tavern was simply because I'm getting tired of random tanks that god-mod its way to firing into the Tavern and deliberately ruining the moment where people are actually having fun. so some RP defenses are there just because of that...i don't really want any more wars hence i think I'll just be reading with the odd posts aswell ... BTW this War of the Red Dragon sounds interesting... I'm sure it'll be fun to 'watch' :)

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 12:53:20 PM »
You have just stated the reason that once the only Tavern War I was involved in collapsed I didn't start again. I was trying to lighten the tone, everyone else just wanted to go nuts with the hating, and was getting way too serious. Lighten up people.

And Mak, mod or not that was officially the spammiest post I have ever seen  :). Ah well, what are you gonna do?
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Seer Fox

• The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No. I'm not keeping the girl.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 07:32:06 PM »
You have just stated the reason that once the only Tavern War I was involved in collapsed I didn't start again. I was trying to lighten the tone, everyone else just wanted to go nuts with the hating, and was getting way too serious.

Err, you DO remember I transformed myself into Pacman as I attacked the Tavern, and then sent my heart emblazoned boxer shorts after them to choke them to death don't you?

Otherwise, I agree with all the above statements. Except Makenshi's.

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 02:19:37 AM »
No, cause that Tavern War was cancelled by Makenshi on the grounds that everyone was just going mental with flaming and god-modding.

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Lazerous Penguin
    • Original Writings
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 05:48:56 AM »
Incorrect, it was cancelled because of all the spamming, not flaming. And let's just not go into the 'we praise Makenshi' thread. Bascally it got too silly. Which they didn't like... so we need to find a point where the mods won't kill us for it but isn't really boring and too down to earth like the last failure. Or something like that.

That's right folks, ectoplasm, the force which keeps the sun orbiting around me. Learn it well.

• Ancient
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 12:05:43 PM »
My bad.

No one likes a suck-up, and I doubt the mods want a huge amount of bowing and deference just because they have powers undreamed of by mortal poster... ahem. I could, of course, be wrong.

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Lazerous Penguin
    • Original Writings
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 12:16:43 PM »
It wasn't sucking up though. It was a total piss take.

If it really was sucking up and trying to get into his good books it might not have been so bad but...

Offline Seer Fox

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 05:37:46 PM »
Can't we say it was a 50/50 spread?

It did have a very nice song in it...

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.

Offline FarseerTelemnar

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 05:52:55 PM »
I have to agree. The Song was original and slightly catchy. Then again I forget it now since its been awhile.
New RPG Click Here

Remember the Black Dragon Inn

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 07:00:21 PM »
I copied it down. But I won't post it because Mak would kill me.

*wanders off humming to REM*
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline GladeRider

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2005, 07:56:21 PM »
Aye, but it was all in good fun....... ;)

so long ago it was. I dont remeberalot of what whent on that night, i could look in my last posts about a few pages but aye.. all in good fun ::)

Offline Kragtast

• 'Ello, poppet
    • Cool Cats Clan nexuiz clan
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 11:08:11 AM »
whats god-modding?
ZOMG OHNOES ZOMG OHNOES ZOMG OHNOES ZOMG OHNOES I forgotted mah blanket :(

Offline Seer Fox

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »
YOUR FACE.

Ciat,
Seer Fox

How bothersome.

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Lazerous Penguin
    • Original Writings
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 04:33:10 PM »
The ever-helpful Fox strikes again....

Offline Uzzy

• Long Fang | I argue as no-one cares
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Major Badass
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 04:35:17 PM »
What? People take this place seriously? That's nonsense.

P.s. I still won, Seer Fox!

Offline Seer Fox

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 05:00:41 PM »
YOUR FACE WON.

The ugly competition, that is.

Ciat,
Seer Fox

How bothersome.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 08:40:02 AM »
   And neither of you bothered to answer Kitten. Bouh!
   To my knowledge, god-modding could be translated by ''Very/Overly Active Moderator Presence'' or ''Rightfull/Overuse Of Modly Powers'' or simply ''Pissed off Moderator stomping on spam/spammer/flame/flamer/etc/ ad nauseam''.
   Take your pick.

Off course, I may be wrong and deserve to be modded, splattered, burned and/or staked.  :P

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline Seer Fox

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 12:00:10 AM »
You are. And you do.

God-modding is when a player takes it upon himself to decide the fates of others, or the outcome of his own actions.

Case in point, if someone wanted to run through a firefight to reach the other side and thus wrote 'he ran through the firefight and reached the other side', this could be considered god-modding, as it is the GM's job to decide if he makes it through unscathed or not.

And now you know.

Ciat,
Seer Fox

How bothersome.