News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Two prospective Dark Angel tournament lists 2000pts  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Two prospective Dark Angel tournament lists 2000pts
« on: November 10, 2017, 12:43:12 AM »
There is a tournament coming up that I am thinking about going to, but I'm torn on two prospective lists.  One is pretty much a pure Deathwing list, whereas the other is a mishmash of Dark Angels and Imperial forces.

Quote from: List One
Battalion
HQ
Company Master:  Bolt Pistol, Chainsword.  74pts
Librarian on a bike:  Force stave, Bolt Pistol.  135pts

Elites
Vindicare Assassin90pts

Troops
5 Custodes:  Vexilla & Storm Shield; 1x Sentinel Blade & Storm Shield; 3x w/ Guardian Spears.  285pts
5 Tactical Marines:  Lascannon.  90pts
5 Tactical Marines:  Lascannon.  90pts

Fast Attack
Ravenwing Darkshroud138pts

Heavy Support
Custodes Venerable Land Raider364pts

Super-Heavy Auxiliary
Knight Crusader:  Avenger Gatling, Rapid-fire Battle Cannon, Stormspear Rocket Pod.  585pts

Total Points:  2000pts
Command Points:  6
Total Drops:  9
Model Count:  26

This list feels like it has a more balanced approach and can deal with multiple threats, while still having sufficient coverage to look after objectives.

Quote from: List 2
Vanguard
HQ
Asmodai145pts

Elites
5 Deathwing Knights:  Watcher in the Dark.  255pts
5 Deathwing Terminators:  Cyclone Missile Launcher & Claws; Sergeant w/ Shield & Hammer; 3x Storm Bolters & Fists.  284pts
5 Deathwing Terminators:  Cyclone Missile Launcher & Claws; Sergeant w/ Shield & Hammer; 3x Storm Bolters & Fists.  284pts

Heavy Support
Land Raider Crusader287pts

Vanguard
HQ
Belial:  Sword of Silence & Storm Bolter.  150pts
Librarian:  Force Sword & Combi-Grav.  122pts

Elites
Deathwing Ancient:  Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield.  143pts
Deathwing Apothecary77pts
5 Deathwing Terminators:  Sergeant w/ Lightning Claws; Assault Cannon / Fist; 3x Storm Bolters / Fists.

Total Points:  1997
Command Points:  5
Total Drops:  5 or 6 depending on character placement
Model Count:  26
Asmodai, Ancient, and Librarian jump into the Land Raider with the Deathwing Knights.  Terminator Squads deep strike with Belial.  Apothecary will either be in the Raider or deep striking depending on where I feel he is needed.  A much more traditional Deathwing army, but very reliant on characters to maximize damage potential.

If I go with the second list, I just have to finish painting my Deathwing Knights, Apothecary, and Librarian.  If I go with the first list, I have to paint the Land Raider from scratch.

Personally, I am leaning more towards the first list because I think it will hit harder and be more entertaining to play (and I may or may not want to paint a golden Land Raider), but I wanted to get some thoughts from you guys.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...