News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Admech Rumours  (Read 7508 times)

Offline Ludo

• Why, you ask. Why not?
  • Armies: Marines, Flesh Tearers, Dark Eldar, Guard, Tau
Admech Rumours
« on: March 15, 2015, 11:54:44 AM »
I am hearing rumors on the major rumor sites that they are going to come out with two new codex based on the Mechanicus.  Let us assume this is true for a moment and that one of them will be Skitari.  What else does the mechanicus have that could fill a whole codex besides Knights and Titans.  I thought the skitari were their version of a defense force.  The only other force that comes to mind are battle servitors. Does anyone have guesses or conjecture what the other Mechanicus codex could be?
Smurf Hero Extrodinaire

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Admech Rumours
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 04:36:05 PM »
Well who would have thought that the Imperial Knights could have been released as a stand alone Codex before it actually happened. So based on that maybe a Mechanicus release would just be a choice from the various types of Tech Priests that are known to exist.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Ludo

• Why, you ask. Why not?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 06:05:16 PM »
Tech priests that you could add similar to inquisitors would be a welcome addition. Different types or disciplines of Magos with various stages of upgrades. Could make for amazing modeling options.
Smurf Hero Extrodinaire

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 06:08:50 PM »
Oh hell yes.  It's about time the Meccies got some attention.  I'm hoping for lots of customization and wargear options.

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 01:57:15 PM »
There are tons of leaked photos now, none of which I can post here since GW might sue us (it's happened to other sites).  Lots of cheap infantry with good armor and feel no pain, lots of crazy weaponry like triple shot plasma guns.  The chicken lancers have kinda lousy rules and the kits are very expensive, the dragoons are quite good for anti-air work.

What isn't known is how the Doctrine Imperitives work.  Since some of the infantry is so good and because of how the Horus Heresy Adeptus Mechanicus stuff works, I presumed that they were a penalty system similar to Tyranids and Instinctive Behavior.  Recent rumor suggests, actually, that it's a bonus more like Orders for Imperial Guard.  One is rumored to give +3 ballistic skill to all units with the Imperative rule for that turn.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 02:03:15 PM »
This Doctrine Imperitive does sound like it should be similar to IG orders.  It must be related to this 'noosphere' data cloud that they use.  This makes me like them even more, because it's like familiar territory for me. 

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 02:26:16 PM »
I wondered if the listing of Doctrina Imperatives was a mistake. Under the Skitarii Vanguard entry is the special rule "Rad-saturation" but none of the models are listed as having this special rule. I thought it odd that whilst "Dunestrider" is detailed and allocated to a model things like Doctrina Imperatives is listed without explanation and "Rad-saturation" is detailed without being allocated.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Ambience 327

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 02:52:49 PM »
Dunestrider is a rule given to multiple units. In the actual Codex it will be on the Special Rules page (along with Doctrina Imperatives). Rad-Saturation (and Incense Cloud are unit specific special rules, and are listed in the Special Rules section of the unit they are specific to. So Skitarii Vanguard and Vanguard Alpha models all have Rad-Saturation and nobody else does (while Sydonian Dragoons are the only models with Incense Cloud).

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 05:16:52 PM »
Well let me tell you that if they have bonuses added to them... more than what they already have, with the doctrine i mean, i srly think they are going to be way to steong i mean ok they are enpowered human with the power of the mechanicus god ... but they are way undercosted in my opinion.
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 05:29:39 PM »
Bare in mind that despite all the fancy wargear, they are still only human.  I might be wrong but I think that they won't do so well in assault.  It might be too early to tell that though.

Offline Ludo

• Why, you ask. Why not?
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 06:16:51 PM »
They are coming across as a glass cannon. Their shooting attacks seem very good and their new assault unit sounds great as long as it survives round one of close combat. If they have the same toughness and armor save as scions then they won't be hard to kill.
Smurf Hero Extrodinaire

Offline Gunner_Sabot_Tank

• Armies: IG, GK, Tyranids, Blood Angels
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 09:16:05 PM »
Idk which unit it was talking about, but the rumor I just read on Faeit had these guys at some stats with FNP.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2015, 03:23:22 PM by Lorizael »
Vincere Vel Mori

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 10:04:48 PM »
I think the 6++ is the Feel No Pain. They basically have the Iron Hands special rule.

Could be wrong, though.

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #13 on: April 1, 2015, 08:26:17 AM »
if i remember correctly that's what it is said in the white dwarf, save some other stats but i'm not sure
« Last Edit: April 1, 2015, 03:23:47 PM by Lorizael »
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #14 on: April 1, 2015, 08:50:17 AM »
if i remember correctly that's what it is said in the white dwarf, save some other stats but i'm not sure

The basic infantry are more stats! from what I've seen. They've basically got the Scion statline.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2015, 03:25:09 PM by Lorizael »