News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Weapons with multiple profiles question  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Wonderbadger

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Weapons with multiple profiles question
« on: July 6, 2015, 01:48:44 AM »
In a unit that has more than one model equipped with weapons that have multiple profiles (like a Space Marine Devastator squad with 2 or more missile launchers), do all the models in the unit have to use the same profile when they shoot?

It's not something that happens frequently, but my gaming group did run into this. In this case, it was a squadron of 2 Eldar Fire Prisms. One was shaken. Could that one fire its prism cannon with the Lance profile (as a snap shot because it was shaken) while the other fired with the focused profile (small blast)? The description of the prism cannon does not say anything about this (same with the Harlequin Prismatic Cannon and the Missile Launcher in the 40k rulebook), whereas in the new Space Marines codex it does specify for the weapons that have multiple profiles (i.e. the whirlwind launcher and the Thunderfire cannon) that all models in the unit have to fire using the same profile.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Weapons with multiple profiles question
« Reply #1 on: July 6, 2015, 02:38:17 AM »
The Whirlwind and Thunderfire are specific examples where the rules state that you must fire the same rounds with everyone in the squad.  No such rule exists that I can find.  Unless there is something specifically for the Fire Prisms like the Whirlwinds, then no, there is not a rule that would require them to fire in a single mode.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...