News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: units in 8th ed  (Read 2630 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
units in 8th ed
« on: June 14, 2017, 07:23:33 PM »
So scourges...

So Haywire is nice, but they are heavies, so yeah, kind of miss alot.
Looks like Blasters are a nice option though, but due to lack of volume don't really do that much.

As an anti-infantry unit, they can put out alot of wounds, but at a serious cost of points when you add the cannons and you can do a little better for the same amount of points in KW.

So are you thinking of using them, what are you going to use them for?

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
Re: units in 8th ed
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 06:35:11 PM »
Could you clarify which unit you are talking about?

I am thinking maybe the Talos based on some of the weapons..

I have never really liked the Hamey side of DE - too slow for my taste. Perhaps this edition will change that though as a lot of things will be faster now, and so get into combat etc easier.

As for haywire - it sucks. It is only, imo, good vs necrons and Knights. Anything else our dark lances on vehicles are just so much better.
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 07:50:52 PM »
Could you clarify which unit you are talking about?

I was referencing Scourges, they seem to be in an odd configuration now, their heavy weapon shots will be 50/50 to hit if they move, which kind of stuff the idea of their mobility.

As anti infantry their armour save is bad, so, combine that with range and they will get into rapid fire ranges fairly quickly.

So I'm trying to work out how they will be used.. if at all really.

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 10:23:46 PM »
Ah scourges... must have missed that in the original post..

Anyways, Haywire are actually assault, not heavy, but they still suck. Only the DL is a heavy option....

I think they will be a less expensive, less survivable trueborn squad with blasters.

Note: the solarire can take a power lance, which is not a bad cc weapon. Get them close with blasters/heat lances and finish something off with the charge? Need to be an isolated unit though or the rest of the army will tear them apart.
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 06:16:49 PM »
Ah scourges... must have missed that in the original post..

Anyways, Haywire are actually assault, not heavy, but they still suck. Only the DL is a heavy option....

I think they will be a less expensive, less survivable trueborn squad with blasters.

Note: the solarire can take a power lance, which is not a bad cc weapon. Get them close with blasters/heat lances and finish something off with the charge? Need to be an isolated unit though or the rest of the army will tear them apart.

Kind of thinking of using them like a suicide squad much like CWE Fire Dragons, except to pop characters.