News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: [2000] - Dark Eldar - Combined Arms - Ravagers  (Read 3594 times)

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
[2000] - Dark Eldar - Combined Arms - Ravagers
« on: April 2, 2016, 01:21:19 PM »
After a LOT of research, amazing advice/support from the Dark Eldar community, a fair amount of time spent converting based on suggestions, and a plethora of time re-working my Air Force list...I bring to you my second themed list based on using my 3 ravagers. One of which I thought had DL turns out they are all disintegrators. Unlike the air force which I felt needed a lot of tweaking I dare say I've learned a lot from all of you Dark Eldar players and that this Ravager list is damn near perfect for the task of showcasing the ravagers...

2000 Pts - Codex: Dark Eldar Roster - 2000 - CAD - Ravager

: Combined Arms Detachment (68#, 2000 pts)
   1 Archon, 145 pts (Plasma Grenades; Blaster)
      1 Venom (Splinter Cannon; Chain-snares)

1 Archon, 145 pts (Plasma Grenades; Blaster; Warlord)

5 Kabalite Trueborn, 185 pts (Close Combat Weapon; Blaster x4)

10 Kabalite Warriors, 170 pts (Close Combat Weapon)
      1 Raider (Dark Lance x1; Night Shields; Splinter Racks; Stealth)

5 Scourges, 120 pts (Fleet; Close Combat Weapon; Haywire Blaster x4)

5 Scourges, 120 pts (Fleet; Close Combat Weapon; Haywire Blaster x4)

1 Ravager, 125 pts (Deep Strike; Night Shields; Stealth)

1 Ravager, 140 pts (Deep Strike; Dark Lance x3; Night Shields; Stealth)

1 Ravager, 140 pts (Deep Strike; Dark Lance x3; Night Shields; Stealth)

Total Roster Cost: 2000

Design Notes:
I started with the ravagers and worked my way around the list from there. I wanted to try the 10 man warrior units in raiders since my airforce already had venom spam warriors, and I wanted a strong anti infantry punch. Next I added the scourges becuase ravagers may struggle against certain vehicles and I hear that scourges with haywire are the ultimate DE anti-vehicle. Next up I wanted to try out my newly converted Blaster Born en masse...riding venoms so yeah surprisingly enough that also fit into the list giving me more anti tank and anti infantry power. The HQ choice was my last thing to address the Lhamaean option was going to be my goto since i figured the blasterborn would take up a lot more points, but alas it did not so I wanted to include Archons in venom to be like mini blaster born riding around. Ultimately I ended up with a list that fit what i initially wanted, and included very strong options against both infantry and vehicles. Anti Flyer would be the only drawback i think

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: [2000] - Dark Eldar - Combined Arms - Ravagers
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2016, 09:32:33 PM »
Nice list. Only changes i would suggest is adding 4 incubi in the list as Archon body guard. Also scourges are fragile, I prefer 4 dark lances and cover for long range as well as safety. They still have great maneuverability if they need to get outta dodge fast.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2016, 09:55:00 PM »
Thanks for the tip, I prefer not putting any heavy weapons on mobile infantry though that just seems counter productive.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #3 on: April 2, 2016, 11:18:08 PM »
I went thru that too. I have 4 units set up with each different weapon option. I found that 2 to 3 turns of max shooting range against heavy armor from safety worked better then 1 turn of short range. However with usually not knowing what your opponent is bringing heat lances and blasters do great against termies and MC while multiple poison can work great against troops as well as MC, making them take way more saves. I guess it really depends on the role you want this great unit to play. It also can depend on mission which inst known till the beginning of the game. But having a fast moving objective taker does make good sense whether they get to shoot or not.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: April 5, 2016, 12:45:29 AM »
on the scourges i just feel like haywire blasters are the perfect fit. Dark Lances are mostly anti tank, with an alternate use against elite infantry. But in terms of the main purpose that it's taken for Anti Tank role is better done by Haywire Blaster in terms of the math of it. Less risk of failure with haywire blasters and the range is similar enough while staying mobile giving it the same threat range as the Dark Lance.