News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 7ed Haemonculus Covens “It Will not Die” on units with 1 wound  (Read 3023 times)

Offline Kiaru

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
7ed Dark Eldar's Haemonculus Covens' "power from pain" rule gives their wracks the "it will not die" (IWND) special rule by turn 4. My question is this: Does a unit with one wound (wracks for instance) stand to gain anything from "it will not die"? In my reading of the rules this would be useless because "IWND" rolls occur at the end of your turn while models that are reduced to 0 wounds are automatically removed from the game as casualties. Does this mean they never get a chance to use "IWND" to get their wound back before they die?

A little back ground - I'm a new player using my little brother's ultra smurfs army against a DE player with Covens. I really enjoy DE but I think reanimation goes beyond IWND and would be a huge buff to coven units in general but on the other hand, why bother including a rule to give 1 wound untis IWND? If you have a some perspective to offer I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: 7ed Haemonculus Covens “It Will not Die” on units with 1 wound
« Reply #1 on: January 6, 2016, 03:40:19 PM »
I can't speak to Haemonculus Covens, but I can say that It Will Not Die does not benefit 1 wound models in the least. Usually when it is included as a blanket rule, there is some way for a multiwound model to get it and therefore make use of it. I don't know if that's the case here, but certainly the rule doesn't work if you die before you can get the wound back.

Offline DCannon ForLife

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: January 6, 2016, 03:59:43 PM »
I may be wrong: Does IWND confer immunity to Instant Death? If so, then the models would get to take FNP against a wider range of wounds.

Offline Dangerousdave0042

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Blood Angels and Tyranids
« Reply #3 on: January 6, 2016, 04:33:59 PM »
Iwnd does not confer eternal warrior and even if it did you cannot fnp id wounds. You would just take the one wound rather than being killed outright.
Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should.

Offline Kiaru

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: January 6, 2016, 05:56:31 PM »
I can't speak to Haemonculus Covens, but I can say that It Will Not Die does not benefit 1 wound models in the least. Usually when it is included as a blanket rule, there is some way for a multiwound model to get it and therefore make use of it. I don't know if that's the case here, but certainly the rule doesn't work if you die before you can get the wound back.

Thanks for getting back to me so soon! I had the impression IWND worked that way, which will be a disappointment for my friend but its better to know now than to figure it out during a game.