News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Show Your Dark Eldar (Pictures)  (Read 193084 times)

Offline Galef

Re: Show Your Dark Eldar (Pictures)
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2009, 01:46:53 PM »
I finally got my army pics updated on my blog.  They are Eldar/ Dark Eldar with fluff included.  Enjoy:

http://glennsgwmodels.blogspot.com/2009/07/phoenix-clan-returns-form-webway.html
Glenn's GW model Blog: Glenn's GW Models

Current Armies:
Aeldari: Glenn's GW Minis: Eldar and Dark Eldar

Offline darthken

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2009, 12:18:03 AM »
archon on foot

hemmy & grotesques

you don't know the power of the dark side.

Offline klemanius

• Slave count:31 orks 4 SMs 9 nids 8 eldar 1farseer
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2009, 04:10:04 AM »
my 1st raider squad

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2009, 07:16:15 PM »
Dark Moon Kabal updated today:

Dark Moon Kabal

A few teaser pictures to get you to click on the link:

The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline Host of the Tumultuous Storm

• My name + Host of the Tumultous Storm(Night Lords)
    • Team Snake Eyes
« Reply #44 on: August 2, 2009, 03:12:51 PM »
i just recently got those witch elves as well for my wyches .. got them 3 days ago, i've gotten 6 of them done. 
WYSIWYG question:  if i put the splinter pistol (in holster) bit on the base of the model, would it count for wysiwyg? it's too big for me to want to put it on the actual model .. (I'll make a post for this, on second thought, don't worry about answering this here)

but here's what they look like (i didnt slot them because they were all angled forward at 45 degree angles .. so i chopped them off and bent the feet to make it better..)

This one will probably be my succubus unless i get around to actually converting one to have an agoniser (the head is from the high elf mage on foot / horse sprue that i had lying around)

and i got this guy cause i love how he looks, will probly use him as a mandrake (hoping for sybarite upgrade in next codex whenever it comes out), my next buy is dark elf shades for the rest of the mandrakes

« Last Edit: August 2, 2009, 07:49:56 PM by Kabal_of_Nights_Wish »

Offline gbarrelhouse

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2009, 03:36:02 AM »
These are some examples of my new snake themed Kabal.  I always wanted to play with Vect, so  I envision them as an elite bodyguard or something for the Kabal Of the Black Heart.  Each squad will have some wacky snake themed armor.  Thanks to everyone for sharing their phots... You guys are really pumping me up!  We all know how much effort it takes to finish a complete army, so I thought I'd start with safe models I could use with the new codex...

Offline gbarrelhouse

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2009, 12:23:30 AM »
More painting in front of the TV tonight!  I knew some positive feedback would keep me motivated.  Thanks much dark eldar fans.  I'm not much good at tutorials i"m afrais.  I just work it out on the palate, from referencing library snake photo books.  The lighter dots count as shading an are carefully 'dotted' on with a fine brush.  The key for me was to try to have them recognizable as a snake.  And to have them still look menacing with the zany colors.  Here's a couple more warriors:

Offline NyteShade

• I know what mercy is, I simply don't show any.
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2009, 10:09:10 PM »
WOW!

Those Warriors are fantastic, gbarrelhouse!

I am envious of your artistic abilities!

Offline gbarrelhouse

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2009, 12:45:46 AM »
The minis take a long time to paint.  About 6-12 hours each in front of the TV off and on during the week at night when I'm trying to unwind.  After i finish all the warriors/raider squads I hope the painting will feel like 'going downhill' after finishing the most numerous squads in the Kabal.  I've been too spooked to buy Raiders/ravagers yet because of the chance the new models may come out within the year.
  If new warriors come out I can just pick a new snake and blend them right in as a squad, but I'd prefer not having multiple raider styles.  Although there will be each painted to match their squad.

Offline Serfax

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2009, 03:34:58 PM »
6-12 hours each mini??!!?? Or each squad?

Man you have far more patience than I. Though, the difference in quality between mine and yours is like the difference between a 4-year-old's stick figure and a picasso.

Keep up the good work!

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »
IMveryHO, these DE minis would win you a GD trophy.

Honestly!
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Preacher No'ki

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2009, 07:50:28 PM »
Wow, simply wow. Afraid I don't have anything constructive to add.  :o

And it may have taken a while, (what's a couple of years to a race like the Eldar?), but at long last my nearly all plastic ravager is complete...

To rule in Hell is only the beginning...

Offline gbarrelhouse

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2009, 04:01:09 AM »
  Archon No'Ki - That's an impressive Ravager!  The mottled burgundy looks weathered, and I stared at it for five minutes just taking in all the detail.  The helmetless driver gives the feel of them gliding along slowly picking off everything with the three heavies...
  I can't wait to work on a transport or Ravager, but until then some extended barrel dark Lances:

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2009, 09:55:52 AM »
holy crap, these snake warriors are just crazy amazing. It doesn't surprise me at all that they took so much time to do, but doing a whole army like this is just crazy.

Details like these take forever to do, I remember taking a whole night to do just 1 and half legs of my death jester in damboard pattern.

Can't wait to see your skimmers lol, but those already take so much time to paint, doing them in snake style will triple their painting time.

I love your dark lances, I almost feel like stealing the idea...

Bright DE like these always seem to be more eldar than ever, eldar painted like these would be seriously kickass.
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline gbarrelhouse

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2009, 01:49:27 AM »
  I magnetized the arms of those dark lance warriors so I can switch weapons if need be.  I just used splinter cannons from the sprues as you can probably tell.
  Afterpainting eldar Harlequins with my boy everything else seems easy!  I know what you mean about the diamond pattern...

Offline darthken

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2009, 08:34:51 AM »

thought this was cool

Offline darthken

« Reply #56 on: October 4, 2009, 07:35:54 PM »

Offline gbarrelhouse

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2009, 05:22:51 AM »
Well I'm still lots of points away from using him, and his base isn't finished yet, but the disemboweler blades have got to be seen on the Dark Eldar photo forum!

Offline gbarrelhouse

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2009, 07:53:51 PM »
Do you have the e-mail of the Games Workshop Dark Eldar player?  I'd send them to him, but they're probably already looking at some really cool 'greens' in the GW office for the new re-sculpts for next year.  I'm getting fired-up!  It takes some internet energy sometimes to keep me going as I start assembling my 'cobra' sniper squad...

Offline gbarrelhouse

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2009, 04:16:18 AM »
I try not to reply until I've got something new painted.  With ongoing other roleplaying game painting to be done, it's going to be a long slog to finish an army.  That's why I appreciate seeing all the other models on this thread to keep me pumped up!  Artists like Fugitive and Kharandil -thanks much...
  Now into wacky cartoon land again with the first of my 'Cobra squad', the footsloggers.  This first guy doesn't have the coolness factor yet, but by mini 4 or 5 i'll get the hang of the posing with a huge plastic kids toy cobra on hteir backs!