News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tau Kill Team  (Read 569 times)

Offline Seraph Kast

• Little ol' lady got mutilated late last night...
Tau Kill Team
« on: July 20, 2005, 01:35:10 AM »
So, I'm thinking of starting out some kill-team stuff.  So far, top of my list are some DE Wyches, however, Stealth Suits are also intriuging.  However, I have a rather important question: does having a squad of three-shot weapons break that mutable rule 1 time, or five times?  Kind of an important distinction.

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: Tau Kill Team
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 04:38:10 PM »
For every 3-shot weapon, you break the rule once, so a unit of 5 Stealths would break the rule 5 times.

I have yet to try it, but I have made a team with only 2 Stealths, and the rest are Pathfinders (I was allowed to use them without breaking the Immutable law since Markerlights are COMEPLETELY useless in Kill Team). I figured that with Ork Fighter, the Shas'vre has WS and I 4. since the entire team has Assault Weapons, then I can shoot and charge into the Brute squad (only causing 1 Klaxon, since one you shoot the Brutes become Aware). And if I GET charged, The Pathfinders have Photon Grenades, so I don't need to worry. And also, in the event that all but the Shas'vre are dead, the Shas'vre could use the Jet Pack in a last-ditch effort to try to complete the objective. With Camo Gear, I think it might work. It only breaks 3 Mutable laws (2 3-shot weapons and 2 squads).

Good luck with your team. Stealth Suits are appearently quite effective in Kill Team.

Offline Pvt. Dancer

• Dropped at the first sign of trouble
Re: Tau Kill Team
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 03:16:08 PM »
They are, Owh they are