News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153872 times)

Offline Plague Tower of Nurgle

• Ork Boy
  • My troops are protected by "Nurgley Goodness"
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #320 on: July 20, 2011, 03:08:03 PM »
does anyone update the tacticas to keep them in line with the FAQs? i know that the latest one finally set KFF straight as well as went more in depth how boarding planks work.
legion of sickness
lord of misery
after my death I rise in immortality
unleashing the horror my words are infected
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the rotten
resurrection of the dead

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #321 on: July 20, 2011, 10:14:44 PM »
does anyone update the tacticas to keep them in line with the FAQs? i know that the latest one finally set KFF straight as well as went more in depth how boarding planks work.

Not to mention that they changed how IC's work with Snikrot and a few other items.   

Updating the tactica would have to be done by the author. Tactica can be edited by the author but anyone responding to the edited article will often commit thread necromancy due to the time lapse, new tactica can be wrote to take into account newer rules or FAQ's. 

For example some tactica wrote for 4th edition doesn't work so well in fifth.  As all posts are time dated the reader should take them in context.  Even though not everything in the tactica might still apply with new FAQ's or newer editions a reader can usually take something from the post / tactica/ or article.  (even if all of it still doesn't apply).   

Offline AXEBLADE

• Burna Mek
  • Armies: Orks, Eldar, Imperial Guard
« Reply #322 on: July 20, 2011, 11:35:49 PM »
I would like to suggest to all people who write tacticas that they put the date, codex and rules edition and FAQ edition underneath the title. This way people can see easily how old it is compared with the current rules set. The reason this is better than a date is for older codexes ie tau which haven't really had a chance to change their tacticas since 5th ed came out (other than to address a few armies which have particularly noteworthy things which effect them).

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #323 on: July 21, 2011, 07:33:27 AM »
Just to note that all tactical discussions submitted as articles are stamped with a date at the end by the Project Editor who undertakes the coding, and that the original author can edit their uploaded articles to accommodate FAQ rulings if necessary, and published articles are not replied to in the conventional way (i.e. comments are used rather than replies), so there is no thread necromancy issue.

For tactical discussions which are not submitted as articles, they just tend to be re-written when new editions of codices come around, as Angel of Death explained.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #324 on: July 21, 2011, 08:34:38 AM »
On a totally different note

Some teef are getting handed out here, this is who got what for the great Battle of the Bosses

Winners of bets
Humble terminator 16 teef
Incredibleskulk 5 teef
MekEad 1 toof
Adamscurr 5 teef
ThePhoenix 6 teef

Losers of bets
Jack_Merridew 1 toof

Teef for submitting objectives
Jack_Merridew 4 teef
Phoenix lord Slingjak 2 teef
Zangolas 4 teef
The Phoenix 4 teef
Adamscurr 2 teef

Lastly 2 teef to Skeetergod and 2 teef to Angel of Death 007 for the batrep.

Thank you all for your participation.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:44:50 AM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Leocuta

• Ork Boy
  • WARNING:Cookies Disabled! They have been eaten!
« Reply #325 on: July 21, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »
May I join?
If you fail, try, try again, if you still fail, try something else.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #326 on: July 21, 2011, 11:52:38 AM »
Welcome to the waaagh Leocuta...  Sicne you are just getting startedwith orks, may I suggest some of the many tacticas that can be found on this page... 

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Leocuta

• Ork Boy
« Reply #327 on: July 21, 2011, 12:00:56 PM »
I have read the thread tacticas while skimming aross the first posts. But i dont understand the concept of the thread.

Offline pheonix lord slinjak

• Ork Yoof
  • Farseer,daemon prince
« Reply #328 on: July 21, 2011, 01:11:12 PM »
skeetergod who won
"you have slain millions of innocent eldar and have waged war against the galaxy why should we show you mercy" Farseer Corru-shala

Offline the_humble_terminator

• Tankbusta Boy
  • Judgement Day is inevitable...See you soon!
« Reply #329 on: July 21, 2011, 02:11:18 PM »
Some teef are getting handed out here, this is who got what for the great Battle of the Bosses

Winners of bets
Humble terminator 16 teef

If I remember correctly......

Betting is now open.....

If you pick a Nob from a unit or Nob from a nob squad and he survives the battle you will triple your bet...

Does a painboy count as a bet that would triple my teef? That's what I was thinking when I bet, but if not that's OK.....just being the Git that I know I am......
IfThe Terminator Series' Skynet would realize something.....

If they send Terminators back in time every time they are about to lose....but instead...they send them to the point at which judgement day occurred...and each time after, send to about 3 months after the time they last received a terminator...The resistance would lose a lot quicker. As the technology would actually be improving too fast for the resistance to react.....The Terminator series would end...and Skynet would have won.

Offline Bassiecore

• Ork Boy
  • Insert generic quote here
« Reply #330 on: July 21, 2011, 04:32:48 PM »
+1 to the_humble_terminat or's point. If AoD007's 'Ard boyz nob died in the battle (i musta missed it) then ignore this post please.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #331 on: July 21, 2011, 06:58:22 PM »
Good News...  My warbuggy tactica article is published on the front page of the website...  Good times...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #332 on: July 22, 2011, 08:18:22 AM »
May I join?

Welcome to the Green Side, Your name has been added to the bank account, you will see your name there on the next update (Mondays). Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here atTHIS LINK

Angel of Death 007 will be along shortly to add you to the rolls.

May you have lots of good krumping in your future

Does a painboy count as a bet that would triple my teef? That's what I was thinking when I bet, but if not that's OK.....just being the Git that I know I am......

Yes you are right, the painboy was worth 18 points as you wagered 6 and the painboy survived. BTW did you notice that you were named in the batrep? Your painboy FNP did keep the flash gits in the fight. So that is a total of 28 teef you earned.

Good News...  My warbuggy tactica article is published on the front page of the website...  Good times...

Adam

Wow, good stuff, congratulations and kudos to you, oh, and that's 3 more teef in your account.

skeetergod who won

You will have to go and read it here to find out  :) (hint; click the blue underlined word to take you there)

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Leocuta

• Ork Boy
« Reply #333 on: July 22, 2011, 08:21:33 AM »
What's all this Painboy and wagering wot not?

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #334 on: July 22, 2011, 08:38:19 AM »
What's all this Painboy and wagering wot not?

Skeeter and Angel had a fight and wrote a battle report on it, in Skeet's post you'll see a link to the fight

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline Leocuta

• Ork Boy
« Reply #335 on: July 22, 2011, 08:43:31 AM »
Oh i know about that one. The massiv 10k one.

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #336 on: July 22, 2011, 05:07:29 PM »
Oh i know about that one. The massiv 10k one.

When your bosses roll.... they roll in large numbers.   

Leocuta you will be added to probationary status as soon as I am back home (in Sarasota for a few days with the miss's) So don't have all my editing capabilities.   
Awesome job and yet another fine ork shines in the spot light.

+1 to the_humble_terminat or's point. If AoD007's 'Ard boyz nob died in the battle (i musta missed it) then ignore this post please.

He didn't die but he was falling off the board and could not regroup.  I thought for sure they were an objective with how much shooting they received.

skeetergod who won

Answering that kinda takes away from Skeet and I's battle report.  You will see the objectives at the bottom of each of our posts and who achieved what, just follow Skeet's link as he did an excellent job with the battle report.

Offline the_humble_terminator

• Tankbusta Boy
  • Judgement Day is inevitable...See you soon!
« Reply #337 on: July 22, 2011, 10:03:26 PM »
I gotta see what area would work best or if any other bosses / Nobz wanted to host one in their area as well.   

I can say it will more than likely be in FL. on my and probably Skeetergod's front. 

A lot of great stuff to do in FL area.  I know several areas here would be great locations to have something at and I got some pull with some of the hotels.  Also with some of the gaming groups and gaming organizers of events in FL.

If we do it, it will probably be done big and right.  Maybe even with some prize support if I can get with a friend of mine that organizes large scale 40k events.   With that just expect it to be big though and not just secluded to our WotW.  Though maybe we could plan our own event after the event or what not.

I was wondering a few days ago about possibly having a VA hosted Ork Battle...would that be at all possible?
I am not of Nob status....yet....bu t I know I am able to get my LGS owner to give me the OK to bring him business.....Let me know if this is OK.

FYI-I do not live near a HUGE place to do this at...as my LGS only has 6 tables to play on.....1 of which is usually only used for tournaments if needed....

Let me know if I have the OK from you guys!
IfThe Terminator Series' Skynet would realize something.....

If they send Terminators back in time every time they are about to lose....but instead...they send them to the point at which judgement day occurred...and each time after, send to about 3 months after the time they last received a terminator...The resistance would lose a lot quicker. As the technology would actually be improving too fast for the resistance to react.....The Terminator series would end...and Skynet would have won.

Offline Leocuta

• Ork Boy
« Reply #338 on: July 23, 2011, 03:16:41 AM »
Thanks AoD!

Offline Bassiecore

• Ork Boy
  • Insert generic quote here
« Reply #339 on: July 23, 2011, 07:59:48 AM »

He didn't die but he was falling off the board and could not regroup.  I thought for sure they were an objective with how much shooting they received.

does this mean i get the teef then? Great game though, wish i could have been there. Unfortunatly im in england so several thousand miles away :P

Phoenix