News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What to do with the new Tzeentch Daemons?  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
What to do with the new Tzeentch Daemons?
« on: March 19, 2016, 01:33:42 PM »
Okay, so I've been looking at the Warpflame Host and wondering what and whether to do something with it. The benefits, as I see it, is actually getting Horrors to be *good* at something, as opposed to being among the worst troops in the game. The drawbacks is a limitation on the number of Heralds you can field and the fact that you need to take 9 damned units of things to make it work.

Now, with a bit of creativity, I think you can get it all to fit into a fairly small list. Whether it is worth it or not remains to be seen.

I put this up as an example (though hardly an optimized one):

Herald, Lv 3, Locus of Conjuration, Paradox, Greater Reward

17 Horrors
12 Horrors
12 Horrors
12 Horrors

3 Flamers
3 Flamers
Exalted Flamer
Exalted Flamer
Exalted Flamer

8 Furies

With the addition of the Furies, this qualifies for the Daemonic Incursion (and all the fun that entails), stacks 12 warp charge in the psychic phase, and can add a lot of Autocannon-strength psychic firepower to the board. It weighs in at about 998 points, too.

Worth it? Well, it will fall over to assault, all its shooting is pretty much psychic (which sucks), and the Exalted Flamers' awesome firepower is mitigated by the fact that they're fragile as hell and are infantry with short-ranged heavy weapons.

That said, with another 500 points of investment, you could stick in a CAD with a few more teams of horrors, a Lord of Change, and maybe some screamers and have something worth talking about. Maybe.

I don't know--anybody else have any fun ideas to use the Tzeentchians formations from the Wulfen book?