News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: relationship help  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Krathen Astreyk

• I wish I could make my eye's glow in the shadows.
relationship help
« on: February 15, 2002, 09:21:37 AM »
I need a way to ask someone out any sugestions?
Maybe if I hold really still in my cammo the bloodthirster won't eat me when I shoot it through the skull.....
-last thought of Deak the unlucky Eldar Ranger

Offline Quenture

• Only in screams can true poetry be found.
    • The Wild Hunt
Re:relationship help
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2002, 10:22:16 AM »
Hrm...we girls generally are pretty open to being asked out...and although we are scarier than anything you could ever face across the 40K board, we're generally not too desperately evil at heart.

Go for something that seems like not a big deal, like, "I've really been wanting to see *insert name of movie here* and I was wondering if you wanted to go and see it with me"

Or if you're talking 'ask-out-as-in-be-commited-to-one-person'...then my confusing response is this...usually, if you think you're in the position to do this, the girl thought of it before you and has been dying for you to ask...so you're pretty much home free.

Just be cool, and be yourself.  The worst thing that happens is that she says no, in which case you gained experience...good luck!!

Quenture
We will compose symphonies with the shrieks of the dying, and pen epics with the blood of the defeated.

Offline Addinarr

• First Venge Mod
  • Ancient
  • Fall for a moment
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2002, 11:29:43 AM »
Oh no....EO has become a dating service.....

The stuff Quenture said mostly works, unless of course you're a typical male who is extremely [some would say unreasonably] terrified of the prospect. In this way, I cannot help you, as I am still single myself. Ah well....

When wrong, to be made right.
When right, to be kept right.

Offline fusion corsair

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2002, 12:22:04 PM »
Have you seen the movie " A Beautiful Mind" it one of my favorite films, and i think we could all learn a thing or two about dating from John Nash, hehe.

Offline Quenture

• Only in screams can true poetry be found.
    • The Wild Hunt
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2002, 12:37:15 PM »
*laughs* "A Beautiful Mind" was really super...what a movie!

And as for John Nash's dating philosophy....I don't know...while you might get some good responses, you'd mostly get slapped.  Unless you're Russel Crowe, in which case I would guess your chances would be substantially better.

I wouldn't suggest it!

Quenture
We will compose symphonies with the shrieks of the dying, and pen epics with the blood of the defeated.

Offline Kyndig Azhei

• If I hear ONE MORE PERSON crying cheese....
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2002, 04:34:32 PM »
1) Just ask.

2) Think about this for a second: your asking a large community of people who a) play tabletop minniatures and b) are obviously computer literate, since they're here, and therefore geeks, about advice on how to ask someone out.  I won't elaborate further.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2002, 06:00:48 PM »
as crappy as this sounds..

1)don't care (you'll live either way)
2)be yourself
3)try talking with the person before you ask her out (hopefully she can carry a conversation with YOU)
4)ask her "if she would like to go do something other than get coffee, see/rent a movie, go to a restraunt"....use your imagination (which should be honed if you are on this site)
5)don't care and be yourself, but remember you are there for a reason.

or default....

1)act stupid till you make her laugh - for some ODD reason girls think that's cute...got me
Athaga Mor
40k - Deathguard CSM, Deathskullz Orks, Daemons, IG Traitors

Current project: painting my new chaos warhound titan

Offline fusion corsair

Quenture
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2002, 08:36:19 PM »
Yea it was anexcellent movie, i love stories about the triumph of the human spirit. Anyway, your probably right, those lines might not work so well.