News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: $CA = $US  (Read 803 times)

Offline digitalme

• --Death to the False Emperor--
$CA = $US
« on: September 20, 2007, 09:42:48 AM »
Finally, after 30 years, the Canadian Dollar is almost 1=1 with the US Dollar.

But GW canadian prices are not 1=1 with US prices. While many industries had adjusted their prices, GW did not.

New Chaos Codex: 35$CA versus 22$US = 13$ or 59% more expensive
Possessed CSM boxset: 40$CA versus 25$US = 15$ or 60% more expensive
Spawn boxset: 40$CA versus 25$US = 15$ or 60% more expensive

And the list go on and go on...

Only the Terminators seem to have shown a price adjustment:
CSM Terminators boxset: 55$CA versus 50$US = 5$ or 10% more expensive

My friends and I are considering making the one-hour trip to Burlington to buy our minis.

Any thoughts from my fellow hockey fans ?

War is another thing. I am by nature warlike. To attack is among my instincts. To be able to be an enemy, [...] presuppose a strong nature, it is in any event a condition of every strong nature. [...] the aggressive pathos belongs as necessarily to strength as the feeling of vengefulness and vindictiveness does to weakness.

Offline Greensky

Re: $CA = $US
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 10:00:11 AM »
why would you go to burlington? wouldn't you want to cross the border? anyways, yeah, these prices are quite outrageous, which is why I didn't buy any of my minis here (only bought the codex from GW in eaton centre). I ended up getting everything off ebay, and saved myself a good couple hundred dollars. I suggest you do likewise. Otherwise, just look up a GW on the US side of the border and go on over there (btw, I actually had the same problem with an amazing Tiger Direct laptop... it was $800 in the US, and $1100 over here, and with no option to ship here from the US... it was beslubbering bullamphetamine parrot)

Offline Dryad

• Go Jets Go
Re: $CA = $US
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 10:24:16 AM »
This is a huge discussion in most economic classes at the moment. Take a look at every single book in print at the moment, they will always have a CAD and USD amount. It will be interesting to watch this evolution over the next few years and see what happens.

I as well am guilty of spending quite a bit on ebay... I do have to force myself to spend some money now and then at the local shop, because if GW Canada doesn't make money, they will systematically start closing down the stores. You have to support your local economy in some way or else things will start pulling out. But GW Canada is ahead of the US for alot of Chaos release dates, you gotta at least give them credit for that  :D

The other way to look at it:

Is the CAD doing good or is the USD doing bad? Will stuff in Canada slowly get cheaper to match the US economy, or will stuff in the US slowly get more expensive? That is the question...