News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlequins for TVR Ulthwe  (Read 608 times)

Offline Eldar Dashi

• Eldar: When in doubt, just shoot it
Harlequins for TVR Ulthwe
« on: November 5, 2003, 04:58:48 PM »
Hello all. I usually play a 2000 point army agianest all variety of opponents. (Only thing I have never faced is Orks). It's a fairly good mobile and shooty Ulthwe list. For a while I have played with a mobile group of three wave serpents and some vypers opperating off of a base of Rangers, Reapers, and a Seer Council, with a wraithlord for general bullet catching. The topic of this post is the three wave serpents. Two of them carry my black guardian defenders - its a tactic that works very well for me. One carrys my banshees. With the advent of the TVR, I thus had a bit of a crimp put in my usual style with the banshees - not that I mind, personally, I think the TVR are great. Then I remembered the harliquin list that had always interested me, particulary the 'flying coffin', the venom. I have two open elite slots on my usual list, and if I axe the banshees serpent and four squad members, that gives me 199 points. A Venom to carry the reduced squad, and a Shadowseer with a kiss and a pistol would cost 126 points all together.
        I think its a good combo - the venom can hide behind terrain or the serpants, or use the Veil of Tears to hide, or both. A Harliquin charcter adds punch, expecially againest larger monsters. However, I need advice, as I am new to the whole big charcher buiness. What are wargear combos people have had luck with? I have 73 points to play with - devote to other part of army, invest in masks or a neurodisrupter, up gun the venom? Or is a Great Harlequin a better choice, with the extra attack, wound, and god-like initiative making up for what sound like very useful shadow-seer powers? Thanks in advance.
One life, you got to do what you should - U2, 'One'

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re:Harlequins for TVR Ulthwe
« Reply #1 on: November 6, 2003, 02:17:49 AM »
You can't put Banshees in the Venom. Sorry. if you read the rules for the venom you will find that it seats Harlequins only. Banshees are not Harlequins.
Now you might be able to get around this, but it seems strange somehow. I would rather get a venom and a troupe of Harlequins with a Leader. Then you still get the wargear, and can get Rictus-mask or something else equally nasty.

Good luck!

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.