News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Best Way To Whoop SMs Discussion  (Read 533 times)

Offline Zodan

• My Site
Best Way To Whoop SMs Discussion
« on: September 25, 2003, 05:32:04 PM »
Hey everyone, since SMs are the main army it seems, I thought it would be hand to have a discussion on how best to beat them.

I personally love to use Death Jesters, I love shooting down tanks with em'.  They seem to attract a lot of fire too.

I the ShadowSeer is a life saver with everyone, just keep em 36" away from big weapons, and force em' to come to you, then pounce.

Thoughts?

Offline Indro Tyr

• Quantity has a quality all its own.
Re:Best Way To Whoop SMs Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 10:30:11 PM »
Power Weapons, Plasma Pistols, Haywire Grenades, and Brightlances. These are the elements of Space Marine destruction. Rob them of their 3+ save and their 14 Armour all-around vehicles and you've just won the day. Shoot up small squads in Venoms with Leaders and Special Weapons... but make sure you aren't in the open, Bolters can and will shoot them down. Take Death Jesters in the back with Brightlances to take out armour and transports, or even a dreaded Harlequin Wraithlord, that takes on average 9 Lascannon hits to bring down! Don't take Masks, Hallucinogen, Tanglefoot, or even Plasma Grenades, nor Harlequins' Kisses, and take only the bare essentials listed above to maximize your numbers.

Do these things and at the rearguard of your armies will be a heap of power-armoured corpses.
"The time for using the knife to remove this cancer is past.  Bring forth the torch."

Offline Flash_hound

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 01:44:07 PM »
somthing about power armored corpses entertains me  ;D I would love if harliquens had Starcannons... Riverblades/Powerblades do wonders.  Also Rocket launchery death does alot if your opponent takes tons of scouts.  That is about it....

Offline Rhòanin

• The True Outcast
  • Ancient
  • To each, Their own.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 08:45:22 PM »
hmmm

Starcannon-carrying DeathJesters .... 8)
He who follows his own will is a King among men.

Offline Ray

• cant stop choppin'
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2003, 12:06:27 PM »
i disagree with not taking masks/kisses and tanglefoot grenades (although i guess troupe squads dont really need them) , I ALWAYS take (only 1 though) a solitare for marine smashing (i find the kiss not to be quite so effective here as say harlie vs tryrannid but..) with the above equipment (while tanglefoots arent all to great thenks to that ever so annoying "and they shall no...."(rigght).

oops i was caught babbling again.

I still think they are still effective vs marine because ive tried it and took out 2 10 man tac squads and an asaut squad without suffering a wound :D (although i was shot to peices by a termie squad in next turn)