News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Help Me Bring Honor To The Harlquins  (Read 549 times)

Offline Greater Solitaire

• I'm not sure I get the deal with llamas
    • My Website
Help Me Bring Honor To The Harlquins
« on: August 7, 2003, 09:12:25 PM »
I will be going to a party soon with my new Harlequin army.  The people there have Necrons, Space Marines, and Chaos Space Marines.  Any advice yall have for going up against those armies (such as tactics, weaknesses of the army, etc), particularily the Chaos Space Marines would be vastly appreciated.  

LONG LIVE THE HARLEQUINS
« Last Edit: August 7, 2003, 09:12:49 PM by Greater Solitaire »
Jesus Saves!

For God so loved the earth that He gave is only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

Pass it on!

Offline Rilmanqualë

• A humie walks into a bar - OUCH!
Re:Help Me Bring Honor To The Harlquins
« Reply #1 on: August 8, 2003, 12:10:37 AM »
I found for SM and CSM its nice to soften up the squads with DJ Shreikers a bit before you charge into em.  Marines are pretty resilient in HtH, but you can usually take out at least a couple beforehand with a good shrieker shot or two.  Plus the forced moral check at the end of the shooting phase means you may not have to face em at all...

Fusion guns or bright lance on the tanks, thast pretty standard.  Run some jetbikes or a DJ up, ground out the tanks, then the marines hafta slog it, giving you the chance to rush em.

and whatever you do, make sure you stay in cover.  Bolters can take a squad out in one turn if yer opponent rolls well, so make sure to use cover and FoF to your advantage.  Don't try and shoot it out with him, use that extra D6" to your advantage.

Uh, thats all pretty basic stuff though, but hope it helps!

Rils
Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music - Mark Kleiman

Offline Rhòanin

• The True Outcast
  • Ancient
  • To each, Their own.
« Reply #2 on: August 8, 2003, 12:18:26 AM »
if you get a chance to surround a vehicle and then destroy it - do it!  ridding yourself of that entire squad is one less squad you hafta kill in CC.

All of the armies you listed have good armour so make sure everyone who can (within the points) takes powerweapons.

im not sure if you field harle wraithlords - but a d-cannon works wonders against such armies.

Good luck!  May the Laughing God shine upon your performance!  :P

- Rhòanin
He who follows his own will is a King among men.

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Useless, useless."--JWB
« Reply #3 on: August 9, 2003, 11:48:51 AM »
Most of it has been covered, but here is an obscure strat:

Take 3 Bikes and use 4" coherency to block all the entrances, this way you don't have to waste big squads on blowing up tanks.