News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 Point Army List  (Read 1096 times)

Offline -[Boston]-

1000 Point Army List
« on: June 30, 2005, 05:35:25 PM »
Hey guys this is a list for my friend that he made and I was hoping you guys could take a look and give me some tips on it. I don't play Tau so I'm not much of a help to him  ;) .

HQ-

Shas '0
-Plasma Rifle
-Fusion Blaster
-Multi-Traker
--Drone Control upgrade from armoury (Not sure if you can do that but I don't own the codex.)
--2 Drones
130 Points

Elites-

0 Points

Troops-

2 Squads of Fire warriors with the following....
11 Toops
1 Shas 'ui w/ markerlight
Devilfish w/ Decoy Launcher

450 Points

Fast Attack-

0 Points

Heavy Support-

2 Hammerheads w/ Railgun, Smart missle system, Seeker Missle System, Decoy Launcher, and a Multi-tracker.

410 Points

Total: 990 Points

Thanks for the help guys......
W/L/D

Imperial Guard       6/2/1

Offline Lanfeix

Re: 1000 Point Army List
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 08:19:11 PM »
Lose the seaker system its realy not a good idea to put all you eggs in one basket and the marker light system is a waste of point buy a hard wired multi traker for the devil fishes instead

You can take the drone control (go buy the codex it easy to work out whats in you army)

thought the list look a model light but may be that all you got

If YOU want to take part in the 40konline Tournament then just click on this banner

Offline -[Boston]-

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 09:08:43 PM »
No actually dont play tau this is for my friend and tear the list to shreds he hasnt finished buying the models.
W/L/D

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 09:13:53 PM »
Ditch one of the Hammerheads. Double the number of Firewarriors. In 1,000 points you need a decent fire base. While two tanks are attractive, it's better (IMO) to have more survivability. Firewarriors are your bread and butter. I'd keep the markerlights and Seeker missiles merely for AT ability.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline -[Boston]-

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 09:53:37 PM »
Well in that case he did like them but he was very specific in that he wanted a lot of mobility. Reason being hes in a upcoming tournament we are doing and well theres a lot of cc. And a ton of deep strike and infiltrate and on top of that i think he just loves tanks. So if you have any way to keep the mobility do tell.

But thanks anyway for all the help guys!!!!
W/L/D