News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: More Eldritch storm questions...  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Wraithboss

• Most Potent of Geezers
  • Back from the dead, and ready to Party!
More Eldritch storm questions...
« on: January 26, 2002, 02:17:36 PM »
1-Does the spell last until dispelled?
2-If you drop it on a squad of Devastators, can the Devs fire?

`Boss!
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
                                    T. Roosevelt

Offline Wanderer

• I wander... lonely as a cloud
Re:More Eldritch storm questions...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2002, 02:33:21 PM »
1. I think the spell does what it does and then goes away(not sure about that one)
2. If the sqaud fails the pinning test (pg. 58 main rule book) then no, they can't do anything until the end their next turn

Hope that helps

Offline the_Bard_72

• Kanu-rath Craftworld and Kabal of Martyred Souls
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2002, 03:43:46 PM »
Yes, the storm only lasts for one turn...I miss the day when it randomly scattered every turn...  :'(
the Bard
Emmissary of the Kanu-rath Craftworld

Offline Jiaurtel

• As Ynnead rises Death shall reign supreme!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2002, 04:15:27 PM »
You mean ES used to be continuous??! Dang crappy 3rd edition. Eldar got scrwed royally in it!!!!!

Cheantoa

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2002, 07:58:50 PM »
I hate it too... it appears to me that everyone got downscaled for 3rd ed, and then they downscaled us abit more, leaving us still with tons of useful units, but with afew that people almost never take, simply because something else does it's job better, cheaper.

So in conclusion, Eldar were generally castrated, but the other races went down to.

Offline the_Bard_72

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2002, 11:28:32 PM »
If I remember right, after successfully using Eldritch storm, at the beginning of each turn, you rolled scatter.  On a hit, it dissipated, otherwise, it scattered d6" in the indicated direction.  I rarely had it last more than 2 turns and when it did, was largely ineffective - although it did block LOS for some otherwise Overwatched Termies.  ;D
the Bard

Offline RedTwo

• Conversion Exarch
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2002, 12:57:28 AM »
That's pretty wild.  It seems I missed a lot not being in on second edition.  Nasty avatars, continuous Eldritch storm,....
Over specialization builds in weakness.

Offline the_Bard_72

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2002, 01:35:11 AM »
2nd edition, as complex as the rules were (which wasn't quite as bad as some would have you believe), the battles were awesome.  I have only had about 3-4 games (out of around 100+) in 3rd ed come close to the gut-clenching excitement of some of the 2nd ed games I played (about 20 or so, IIRC).  Of course, some of my love of 2nd edition stems from the fact that I was first introduced to 40k during its reign.  I'm sure that skews it somewhat.
3rd edition is good, but definitely needs some re-working.  My main complaints are: too simplified, vehicles not fearsome enough (Ramming ruled), and find another way to make Special Characters less dominating)
the Bard