News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Alaitoc 1750 challange  (Read 1640 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Alaitoc 1750 challange
« on: November 23, 2017, 04:35:11 PM »
Battalion - 1749

HQ 215
Autarch on skyrunner with Laser lance and Shimmerplume
Farseer on skyrunner, with Doom, Mind War, Kurnous' Bow and SEER OF THE SHIFTING VECTOR
Illic

Troops - 252 - Edit: Adjusted DA's
5 Dire Avengers including exarch with two avenger shuriken catapults
5 Rangers

Elites 136 EDIT reduced each Banshee squad by 1 to pay for farseer on JB.
5 Howling Banshee including exarch with Executioner
5 Howling Banshee including exarch with Executioner

Dedicated Transport for the HB's 155
Wave Serpent, CTM, Spirit Stones, Twin Starcannons

Fast Attack 402
6 Shining Spears including Exarch with star lance
8 Swooping Hawks including Exarch with Hawk Talon
8 Swooping Hawks including Exarch with Hawk Talon

Heavy Support 270
5 Dark Reapers including Exarch
5 Dark Reapers including Exarch

Flyer 320
2 Crimson hunters

Given the high number of units, I'm expecting to go second. I'm in two minds as to using the DA's or going for more bodies with Guardians as I would expect some sort of DS to hit the reapers or Crimson hunters. So the Infantry would deploy to protect against things landing within 12 of them. I would try to position the wave to draw in the DS and so the banshee's in side could launch either an direct assault or counter assault on whatever lands in my zone.

Illic and the rangers would just drop into an optimal firing position.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:27:35 PM by magenb »

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
Re: Alaitoc 1750 challange
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 05:33:43 PM »
Avenger Exarchs could potentially benefit from having 2 Shuriken Catapults instead of 1, run as minimum squads. Instead of having 16 Avengers in 2 squads, you could have 3 squads of 5 avengers, each exarch having 2 catapults. This would cost the same number of points, and you'd still have 18 wounds worth of Avengers (since you'd have an extra Exarch), but now you'd have 18 Catapults instead of 16. No extra cost!

Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 04:09:26 PM »
That's a good idea cheers.

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 05:04:59 PM »
The list looks great overall, but the majority of units in it, except maybe Reapers and CHs, would benefit greatly from Doom. After playing a couple of games with Shining Spears I realised that even they need Doom to perform in HtH. Bike Autarch on the other hand feels like a questionable choice. I'd consider replacing him with a Farseer...
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 06:20:42 PM »
The list looks great overall, but the majority of units in it, except maybe Reapers and CHs, would benefit greatly from Doom. After playing a couple of games with Shining Spears I realised that even they need Doom to perform in HtH. Bike Autarch on the other hand feels like a questionable choice. I'd consider replacing him with a Farseer...

You could run a Farsser with Doom, Mind war, and I would probably add Kurnous' Bow as the relic. I would drop a single banshee from each squad and the points would land on an even 1750. This would give you some flexibility around where to place your warlord with each deployment and give you an additional character snipe option that can be buffed by the swooping hawks. I think it might be time to try out spells again.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 12:33:25 AM »
Swooping hawks can't boost mind war due to the farseer is not an aspect warrior.

I would consider dropping 4 hawks in favor of a spiritseer/warlock with quicken/restrain, that would allow you to split of 1 HQ and your fast attack into it's own detachment granting another CP.

I would also drop a unit of dire avengers for guardians, since they provide more bodies and boots on the ground, if points are scarce use stormies, and you can use them as cannon fodder with the celestial shield.

Maybe you could merge the reapers, and to avoid alpha strikes you could webway them in?
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 03:59:18 PM »
Swooping hawks can't boost mind war due to the farseer is not an aspect warrior.

I would consider dropping 4 hawks in favor of a spiritseer/warlock with quicken/restrain, that would allow you to split of 1 HQ and your fast attack into it's own detachment granting another CP.

I would also drop a unit of dire avengers for guardians, since they provide more bodies and boots on the ground, if points are scarce use stormies, and you can use them as cannon fodder with the celestial shield.

Maybe you could merge the reapers, and to avoid alpha strikes you could webway them in?

Swooping Hawks Herald of Victory rule is not restricted to Aspect warriors, its all craftworld units within a bubble, can't find any FAQ's that have change that either.

Best case scenario warlock powers go off 52% of the time, it can only target a single units instead of a bubble effect, so the trade off doesn't seem worth it to me.

I considered Guardians but you would have to drop 2 DA's squads for the single GD squad, I'd still have some points left over to bulk up the remaining DA or GD squad. It would be 3 extra Wounds in total but 10 of them would be at a bad armour save and feeding CP to keep GD's alive feels like a waste. If I'm going to burn CP, it'll be to save something of value.

Yep, you can Gate the reapers in to avoid Alpha strikes as well, but looking over the army make up now, I think I'll merge the two reaper units and use FOREWARNED... that's one hell of a DS counter lol.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 05:49:53 PM »
Sorry, you are correct about the hawks, I must have got it mixed up with Baharroths ability.

Yes, runes of battle are not very reliable, but you still get smite and DtW and that CP.
If you chose a warlock you would have enough points to swap avengers for defender guardians, otherwise 8x stomies are cheaper, but you lose some firepower.

I'm not saying you should use the CD every turn, just in case it becomes important to keep them alive, such as if they are on an objective, they need to hold.

Yes, forwarning is great, but it's not a cheap stratagem, however half of it's power is just the mere threat of it.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.