News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Winged Hive Tyrant Problem.  (Read 3450 times)

Offline PhoenixLord1989

• The road of good intentions doesnt leadto anywhere
  • Armies: Eldar, D-Eldar, Dark Angels, Necron, and Tyranids
Winged Hive Tyrant Problem.
« on: April 20, 2012, 03:13:43 AM »
I am sure everyone already knows about the new Hive Tyrant/ Swarmlord kit that came out and also has the option of wings. The problem is that you have to use up one set of arms to put the wings on the Hive Tyrant. Soo what do you do about the 2nd set of arms you MUST have? There is no way to not take a 2nd set of arms and the wings don't replace a set. So do you just tell your opponent what it is missing and they just have to remember? I know you can make your own spot for it and magnetize it or what not, but I am mainly just talking about how GW decided to model there figure so that you could not have all 3 showing at once. Thanks guys!
"What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."

"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."

"The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, yet you still dare to oppose our will."

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
Re: Winged Hive Tyrant Problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 05:03:10 AM »
I am currently drilling and scraping to emplace a couple of bigger magnets and green stuff it down and smooth, while the wings will have screws that will be magnetizable. Wish I can show it to ya.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Koval, Master Verispex

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
  • Well, that was unexpected...
  • Armies: Imperial Guard (Indelvian 190th Mechanised)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 06:21:34 AM »
I'm pretty sure the Flyrant's meant to be modelled as airborne, with talons rather than hooves. That way, you've still got your wings, your second set of arm weapons, and scything talon feet.

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 12:02:07 AM »
I'm pretty sure the Flyrant's meant to be modelled as airborne, with talons rather than hooves. That way, you've still got your wings, your second set of arm weapons, and scything talon feet.

Correct, all tyranid bio-forms have three sets of limbs, so making the wings become a fourth set of limbs (legs, weapon arms, weapon arms, wings) makes no sense when keeping the theme. In addition to the scything talon feet, winged tyrants have also been shown (in Imperial Armor vol. 4) to have the talons jutting from the wings themselves. I'm sure with some simple modeling, said scything talon feet/arms can be modified to make whatever weapon combo you choose to equip your tyrant with (such as Devourer symbolites growing from the tips of the wings)
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!