News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 Point List  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Iabocar

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1500 Point List
« on: January 16, 2012, 07:02:13 PM »
It's my first attempt  to create tyranids army and  I'm newbie in WH41k. So I really want to hear your advice and opinion guys)

HQ

Hive Tyrant w/2 pairs of scything talons, adrenal glands, armoured shell   220
2xTyrant Guard w/ lash whips   130

Elites

2xLictor   130

Troops

5x Tyranid Warriors w/pair of boneswords, scything talons, toxin sacs   225
10xGenestealer w/ scyting talons,toxic sacs+Broodlord w scyting talons   252
16xTermagant    80
16xTermagant    80

Fast Attack

8xRavener   240

Heavy Support

3xbiovore    135

Total:   1492

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
Re: 1500 Point List
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 12:26:34 PM »
Your HQ is a powerful setup, armored shell may be a bit overkill with 2 Tyrant Guard, but can be worth allocating Krak Missile or equivalent weaponry to the Tyrant.  If you forgot your Psychic powers, they should be Leech Essence and Paroxysm. 

Lictors are hardly effective and I would most certainly drop them for Hive Guard or Zoanthroapes as you have absolutely NO anti-armor capability in this list.  You need something to bust tanks!

Warriors have their place and they way you have them setup isn't too bad and will certainly provide that extra synapse range that you need.

The Genestealers, IMO, are best left naked and without upgrades, this is where the Broodlord comes into play with Scything Talons.  GS are so squishy, so keep them basic and take more bodies instead of biomorphs.  If anything, only take T. Sacs when facing MEq armies.  See the Tactics page for more on GS.

Termagants, well, squishy but cheap.  They are best taken when you take a Tervigon, so I would suggest you take Hormagaunts instead with T.Sacs as they quickly move across the table, even in cover, and simply kick ass in CC in squads 22 models strong minimum.

8 Raveners may be a bit much, 6 will do fine and Rending claws would be a good investment.  Overall, these guys aren't very popular as when they are deep stricking they are vulnerable to small arms fire despite their 3 wounds.  They can work well but opportunity would have to present itself.

Biovores can be really awesome and a distractionary unit for your opponent to wrack their brains over.  But first, you really need to some anti-armor in your list.  Model expense wise, its probably the same cost to get a Trygon over the expense of 3 biovores and most people convert Biovores from Warrior models because its cheaper.

Not a bad first attempt.

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline Iabocar

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 05:42:01 AM »
Thank you for advice.

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 08:53:13 AM »
Just my opinion, but I'd say that the tyrant + guard is too expensive for 1500 points. I'd personally go with a warrior prime for my HQ, leaving more points for hive guard or zoans