News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Please review my Necron list!  (Read 740 times)

Offline BearBitesHurt

• Insolent: Forum Blockhead
  • Careful: I might talk to you like you're an adult
Please review my Necron list!
« on: August 19, 2007, 08:03:18 PM »
Here goes...

Nightbringer 360
Lord w/ Veil of Shadows and Res Orb  200

3 squads of 12 Warriors  648

5 Destroyers  250
3 Wraiths  123
6 Scarabs  72

1 Monolith  235
2 Heavy Destroyers  130
1 Tomb Spider  55

10 Immortals  280
4 Pariahs  144

That comes to 2497 points(I think) and the tournament is 2500 points so that's close enough for me.  What do you think?

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Es ist ein schönes Schiff
Re: Please review my Necron list!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 02:43:03 AM »
The list is okay but I would change a couple of things.
First off, do you have any extra models that are not here (say like another warrior squad or something).

Chaging this list I would take away the pariahs, wraiths and the tomb spyder. I would then use the remaing points to take more immortals and destroyers. Increase your shooting power but take away some of your assault - you do have the ultimate in counter assaulting unit (nightbringer). Make the enemies come to you by shooting them to hell and when they get close simply throw the nightbringer into combat :) - just make sure you hide so he can't be shot at.

Any way thats my suggestions :)
Heed my wisdom, ignore my ignorance

Offline BearBitesHurt

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 06:24:45 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  This list actually represents just about every model I currently own.  The reason I think the pariahs are good in this list is that a unit that wants to assault the Nightbringer has to make a leadership test and if I have the Pariahs with him then they'll be testing at leadership 7.  I could put in more warriors instead of the wraiths, but the venue I play in uses an awful lot of size 3 area terrain so I thought they'd work well.

Offline regf

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 07:37:37 AM »
The list is varied and will be fun to play, but you mentioned tournament.

the potential problem is with so many varied unit types, you won't be resurecting things ( 'cos they'll get wiped out with nothing like them on the board) and rapidly heading for phase out

If you want to have a shot at winning or at least stayng around, then more warriors, more destroyers, & ditch the pariahs is the go. Wraith are great in terrain, but so few of them will make it hard to keep them floating against any shooty opponent.

pariahs are fun against anything psychic, like eldar, but they cost a lot of points and don't regenerate.

personally I like the tomb spyder for it's 12" range extension onthe res orb, but with so many different types of unit that ability is a bit wasted.

scarabs are also a great low-cost way to tie up enemy units
Dr Octopus & the Scions of Mars
Peri Nunc!
Roga Me Quomodo!

( That's "Die Now! - Ask me How" for the non latin speakers)

Offline BearBitesHurt

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 04:18:30 PM »
Maybe you could let me know what you think of this revision...

Nightbringer 360
Lord w/ Res Orb and Veil  200
45 Warriors( 3 squads of 10, one squad of 15)  810
10 Immortals  280
5 Destroyers  250
2 Monoliths 470
2 Heavy Destroyers  130

2500 points!

Offline syth773

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 06:52:35 PM »
seems reasonably solid, although i noticed you gave your lord the viel of darkness so i assume you're gonna use him to teleport the immortals around.  just remember that if he does that your warriors wont have the orb's effect on them and can be instakilled by missle launchers/lascannons etc.

other than that it seems ok.  If you have any flayed ones i suggest putting them in in place of a warrior squad of 10.  they are a really nice close combat compliment to a ranged army.

Offline Recluse

• Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 07:24:37 PM »
Two Heavy Destroyers won't last long against any kind of fire.  If you are playing with lots of terrain you may be able to keep them shielded although I still think you should field another one.

I like the many squads of warriors.  You could easily deepstrike the Monoliths and unload warriors against shooty armies, or do a phalanx against an assault army.  Flayed ones are nice and add to your numbers just as well as warriors. 

Pretty nice list, hope it does well.
There will always be a larger fish.