News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Nightbringer  (Read 533 times)

Offline Kaiizen

• Best Painted Fire Warriors
Nightbringer
« on: August 16, 2007, 01:32:57 AM »
I recently fought against a 1000 point necron army with a 1000 point tau army. Now I have access to almost every codex to date, and no where do I see a place that allows the Nightbringer to have a 3+ invulnerable save, my opponent, a younger kid, seemed to think he did. The one night bringer charged blindly at 2 squads of 8 fire warriors, 2 broadsides a hammerhead and 7 crisis battlesuits, all with more than enough firepower to land a wound every turn. All of them fired and landed wounds for 3 turns until he got into melee range. he had 3 wounds when he finally got there. Not until later did I read the book and found out that a night bringer has a 4+ invulnerable save.

Am I right for slapping a 'cheater' sign on his forehead or am I missing something in the rules book? This also isn't the first time he's fudged a rule to give himself an advantage (before this he told me that WBB units came back on a 3+ instead of a 4+).

Offline Tramopoline!!!!!

• Armies:412th Cadian Regiment-90/412 Cadian Armored
Re: Nightbringer
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 01:56:18 AM »
yeh, he;s cheating alright. Next time he claims something that you doubt then ask him to show you the codex. If he doesnt ahve one then dont play him, or learn the army lsit he plays.
"Ours is not to wonder why, ours is but to do and die."

Treadhead....born and raised

Offline Kaiizen

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 02:19:33 AM »
I'm trying to learn but man it's hard. Necrons have so many friggin' unit specific rules.

Also, Gauss Flux cannons on monolith are NOT auto hit are they?

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Es ist ein schönes Schiff
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 03:07:13 AM »
Also, Gauss Flux cannons on monolith are NOT auto hit are they?
Yep not auto hit.

Yeah your opponent cheated either by accident or purpose. I recommend talking to him
Heed my wisdom, ignore my ignorance

Offline Kaiizen

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 03:18:00 AM »
I already have, 3 times.

We instituted a new rule in the store partly because of him and a couple of his friends. If it doesn't stop he will not be allowed to come back, I really hate to see it come to that, but enough is enough.

I'm no saint myself, tonight I actually fielded two crisis suits with target arrays (granting me +1 BS) instead of twin linked burst cannon's. This didn't amount to much difference anyway, in fact the target arrays would have helped me a lot more than the twin link would, but my point cost would have been nearly the same either way (in fact it would have been quite a bit less with twin linked burst).

There are quite a few more discrepancies here too numerous to mention, most of them I can pass over as mere oversights, because they seemed like honest mistakes. You can only push someone so far though =\.

In every fight I have managed to either still beat him outright OR come to a draw, but I would still like to see what a necron army can really do. Or maybe I don't =D.