News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Finally decided on Necrons  (Read 762 times)

Offline Khornate

• ~formerly known as Army Builder NOob~
Finally decided on Necrons
« on: October 14, 2006, 07:55:01 AM »
So after being like this for a month,

"Start Tau"
"Start Eldar"
"Start Tau"
"Start Eldar"

My final thought has been~

"Darn it I'll just start Necrons"

Why You might ask?

Because I don't have a million different things to customize my army with~

Exp: Eldar can have 3 or 4 different troop choices/ Tau have 2 with load of upgrades/

Necrons have only one~ Good for me so I don't keep buying different stuff to fill out my troops slots~ Also I paint very slowly and necrons are fairly easy to paint with the skills I have  :D~

Necrons Also have lords that don't die as easily as other races~ SMurfs can be taken down my a krak missile/ one heavy gauss cannon shot~ try doing that to a T6 -lord. Much more reliable that way~

Necron Battleforces are a good way to start IMO because they come with a good range of mini's. 2 of them plus some other stuff will make you a 1750pts+ army~

So after all this i get down to finally telling you the way I'll probably start~

Necron Destroyer Lord Boxed Set
Foot Lord Blister
Battle Force
Battle Force
Monolith

(I'm buying the codex in like 1-2 weeks so you don't have to tell me to go out and get one)

So that'll get me~

HQ:
Destoyer Lord~ Flies Around with the destroyers taking out tanks/HQ's
Foot Lord~ Stays with footsloggers

Elites:
~buys them/ converts them later

Troops
Warriors x 10
Warriors x 10
Warriors x 10     LOTS OF WARRIORS
Warriors x 10
Warriors x 10
(6 left over)

FA:
3 Destroyers
3 Destroyers
14 Scarabs?

HS:
~Monolith of DOOM~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I have 6 warriors left over after I filled out my troops... Should i go about converting these into immortals? Or Should parts from them/ other bits to take 2 destroyers and convert them into Heavy destroyers?

So rephrasing that~

Immortals or Heavy Destroyers?

I feel like going immortals because of the Foot lord w/ VoD & and Res. Orb with a nasty squad of immortals~ running around the board all the time knocking off loads of shots into annoying squads/ rear armor of tanks (I HATE YOU DREADNOUGHTS!!!!   >:( :P)

For a Paint scheme (sp)~
You know the Monolith on the GW website is black with all those Scorpion Green Highlights?
Link to pic:

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/necrons/catalog/monolith.htm

Well...I'll be doing the same thing with my warriors...and pretty much everything else (lords will have something else too...i just dunno yet maybe some white  somewhere)...highlighting with scorpion green and keeping them black except for a bit of a boltgun metal drybrush on the axe head on the end of their guns~

Possible Names for the Army

"Phalanx of the Midnight Steel"
"Phalanx of the Midnight Wrath"*

(*I'm leaning towards this one)

So is it a suitable way to start?

Yes or no?

~Khornate~
Khronate Black Legion: 1500pts

Models Painted: 2!
Models left to paint: 35
Games Played: 1
W/T/L: 1/0/0

Offline Lord Ulthanash

• Armies: Eldar: Corsairs and Ulthwe
Re: Finally decided on Necrons
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 10:05:03 AM »
good choice, I don't personally play necrons, but to hell I respect them and their players, unlike smurfs. YEs the warriors are very easy to paint, quickly, and they can all be painted the same without any different features. I prefer the Lord to the destroyer lord because a Lord can only take 100 pts of Wargear and the destroyer body upgrade counts, leaving the lord with about 50 pts (don't know exact amount). Go immortals. To me Midnight Wrath sounds better.

He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

Offline TheGreatAvatar

• H. A. A. W. G. S.
Re: Finally decided on Necrons
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 11:15:03 AM »

I feel like going immortals because of the Foot lord w/ VoD & and Res. Orb with a nasty squad of immortals~ running around the board all the time knocking off loads of shots into annoying squads/ rear armor of tanks (I HATE YOU DREADNOUGHTS!!!!   >:( :P)

Rear Armour?  What's that!  ;)  I have never had a need to attack rear armour with my Necrons.  That's one of the beauties of Gauss:  Always glances on a 6 pen roll.

I've lost count on the number of times a lone warrior falling back has taken down a vehicle pior to falling off the table.  I just LOVE anything with an Armour value. ;D