News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 Tau Farsight Bomb  (Read 1596 times)

Offline GaleRazorwind

• Hormagaunt
  • Ziltoid Lives!
  • Armies: Nids, BA, CSM
1850 Tau Farsight Bomb
« on: May 7, 2013, 12:04:39 AM »
So, here is my lovely new Tau list:

HQ: Farsight                                                             (1x5 Points)
HQ:6 Body Guards with 2xMP, Target Lock               (402 Points)
      1 Body Guard with 2xFlamers, C&C, MSSS, Chip (92 Points)
      9 Shield Drones                                                  (108 Points)

Elites1: 3xCrisis Suits with FBx2, Target Lock           (171 Points)

Elites2: Riptide with Ion, Vel Track, Stims, SMS         (240 Points)

Elites3: Riptide with Ion, Vel Track, Stims, SMS         (240 Points)

Troops1-4: 4x12 Fire Warriors                                  (432 Points)

Total: 1850 Points

Farsight either goes with the Bodyguards or he goes with the drop suits to give them survivability and accuracy with their DS. The Bomb stays in cover in the midfield with the wall of drones in front to pop light vehicles with the Fire Control suit giving them all those lovely bonuses. 24 TL MP shots with re-rolls to armor pen and ignores cover is insanely nasty against vehicles. I figure that two suits (8 shots) is a good number per tank, as even against AV12, with re-rolls to hit and to pen, you have a great shot at taking off 3 HP. Then, the two Riptides and the FW can unload on anything that comes out of the transports. If the Bomb runs out of vehicles to pop, they can switch to firing at anything else that needs to go down.

I went up against a traitor guard list using a modified version of this list and the suits just obliterated a Chimera wall, and then they went on to pop multiple Heavy Weapon teams. The ability to split your fire power to wherever it is needed is very useful. A good tip is that you can use your drones to help spread out your suits so each suit can have the best vantage point possible when targeting vehicles. I went with shield drones because they are so wonderful for defense, seeing as they don't need to stick to cover. My opponent had a wonderful time just trying to chew through my 14 Shield Drones so he could actually damage my heavy hitters.
Ziltoid is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both!

Offline Galef

Re: 1850 Tau Farsight Bomb
« Reply #1 on: May 7, 2013, 12:30:44 AM »
I was just about to post a Farsight bomb list.

I am not as big a fan of the all Plasma bomb that seems to be popping up. so it is nice to see something different.

Are you using Missile Pods on them so they can sit back?  If not, I recommend that.  There is no need to bring that many MPs so close.

The list I was planning uses mostly Burstcannons and Counterfire to get in close and shred some infantry (with a few Fusions to pop open tanks).

I think I may have to steal you idea of using the Bodyguard as a back field missile battery, while using the normal Crisis suits for a Farsight 'minibomb'
« Last Edit: May 7, 2013, 01:04:33 AM by Galef »
Glenn's GW model Blog: Glenn's GW Models

Current Armies:
Aeldari: Glenn's GW Minis: Eldar and Dark Eldar